Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
USTFCCCA NCAA Division I Men’s Outdoor Track & Field Rankings
Rank – School (Points)
1 – Florida (280.73)
2 – Oregon (279.32)
3 – Texas A&M (249.05)
4 – Arizona State (190.22)
5 – Arkansas (183.98 )
6 – Nebraska (178.32)
7 – Texas (172.76)
8 – Baylor (171.76)
9 – LSU (170.87)
10 – South Carolina (168.44)
11 – Florida State (162.79)
12 – Auburn (159.97)
13 – Stanford (159.71)
14 – USC (144.28 )
15 – Washington (122.26)
16 – California (117.51)
17 – Minnesota (113.19)
18 – Texas Tech (112.97)
19 – Washington State (101.16)
20 – BYU (97.62)
21 – Kentucky (95.40)
22 – Liberty (94.03)
23 – Georgia (93.87)
24 – Virginia Tech (93.60)
25 – Louisville (88.54)

Remember the song on Seseme street, "One of these things is not like the others"?
I know he has a zillion BSC coach of the year awards, but I still don't think Tolsma gets enough credit for what he has accomplished here.

http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm? ... 15&TeamID=
Last edited by olldflame on May 7th, 2009, 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
I like what I see. Congratulations to Coach Tolsma and team.
By soccer7
Registration Days Posts
congratulations to the track team. that is an great accomplishment.
By matshark
Registration Days Posts
I'm not a VT fan really, but I'd like to point out that VA has TWO teams in the top 25. Not bad considering neither of them are really considered big track schools and the state is CERTAINLY not know as an elite track state. IMO that makes the accomplishment all the more impressive. WTG Tolsma.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Another reason Track/CC is the best sport at Liberty - Hands Down. Tolsma should make Rocco money!!! There is no reason why he shouldn't have left to coach at a huge school - other than he loves Liberty and feels God wants him here. Salary? Don't give me - he doesn't make as much as Rocco because Football is the money sport - because last i saw Football wasn't making any money:)
By flames1971
Registration Days Posts
Wonderful. :clapping. Way to go, Coach Tolsma!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Coach Tolsma is a Liberty man...Im sure there have been schools courting someone of his talent but he gives his word that he is staying here and by George he sticks to it. I think he could still coach well into his 70s and 80s and still be churning out championships and CoY honors
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
I just read" By George" an Andy Griffith popped into my head.
By flames1971
Registration Days Posts
flamerbob wrote:I just read" By George" an Andy Griffith popped into my head.
When I read it I thought of my Mother.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Tolsma is definitely "in the boat" for the duration of his career. :clapping
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
I still really look up to Coach Tolsma. I think I've told this story on here before, but it is worth mentioning again.

I was less than mediocre while I was running at LU and only lasted on the team into my soph. season. The week of graduation, I made a stop by Tolsma's office to thank him for the time he spent with me. We chatted for a while and he started rattling off mile splits from cross country races my freshman year. Not finishing times-mile splits. The guy is obviously got a trap for a mind and knows how to use it to get the most out of his athletes.

One more thing- The first time I stepped on campus as a senior in high school (1997), I was in that same office talking to him about walking on the team. The first thing he did was take me to a picture in an office of the track that had a cool black light feature that revealed a cross above the mountains. He stated that his vision was to build a national-class track and cross country program powered by Christian athletes. I'd say he's pretty close to accomplishing that goal.

(ps..he reads this board)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Well then, thanks Coach Tolsma!

It is interesting that the two schools that are not like the other both have built programs by having unique religious slants. This certainly looks like a formula for success for all of our non-revenue sports ... and perhaps the others as well someday.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]