Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Sam just set the collegiate record in the 10k tonight by winning the Brutus Hamilton Invite at 27:28.48. His time eclipses Galen Rupp's (who finished 13th at the Beijing Olympics) previous collegiate best time of 27:33 set last year. Sam is truly something special, both as a runner and as a humble, genuine person.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
It should be another great matchup between Sam and Rupp in the NCAAs this Spring. Maybe more than one!

Wow! Just noticed that this was not only a collegiate record, but the best time in the world this year!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Josh Cox was updating his status on Twitter all night last night.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this may be LU's first NCAA record in any event, any sport.
Lit Crit wrote:Sam just set the collegiate record in the 10k tonight by winning the Brutus Hamilton Invite at 27:28.48. His time eclipses Galen Rupp's (who finished 13th at the Beijing Olympics) previous collegiate best time of 27:33 set last year. Sam is truly something special, both as a runner and as a humble, genuine person.
:woohoo Congrats to Sam. Very proud to be a Flames Fan!
By bozlady
Registration Days Posts
Indeed, congratulations Sam!!
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Does Gonzaga and St Mary have D1 football ? When[…]

LaTech

We are halfway through the season, yet we are stil[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]