Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
The 5,000 starts at 8:30!!!

http://all-access.cbssports.com/player. ... dia=109445
Sorry I didn't post this earlier. It has been a really busy week.

Sam vs. Rupp take 3. Rupp is the favorite, but Sam is thought to be right up there with him. Galen busted a 3:57 mile a couple of weeks ago and then went out and did a workout right after he finished. Yikes. My guess is that Sam tries to make a move about half way and it comes down to the guy in yellow and the guy in blue.
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
What do you know. 1:50 into the women's 5000 and the site freezes. It is also on espn360 if you get it (which I don't).
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
Sam finished 2nd, 3 seconds behind Rupp.

Congrats to Sam!

I'm really starting to dislike that Galen kid...
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Starting? Glad to see Sam pushing him at every turn.

I tried to watch on ESPN360 and its not available at my folks' house.
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
The funny thing is that if Sam wasn't up against him in every meet, I would probably be pulling for Rupp. He's an amazing talent and has the potential to break all kinds of records (he already has an American record). It is just hard seeing the guy you are pulling for run the second fastest time in NCAA history in the same race as the guy who gets the fastest time. Looking on the bright side, Sam still has 2 more years of eligibility after outdoor track. Galen is done this year. 8)
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
01LUGrad wrote:The funny thing is that if Sam wasn't up against him in every meet, I would probably be pulling for Rupp. He's an amazing talent and has the potential to break all kinds of records (he already has an American record). It is just hard seeing the guy you are pulling for run the second fastest time in NCAA history in the same race as the guy who gets the fastest time. Looking on the bright side, Sam still has 2 more years of eligibility after outdoor track. Galen is done this year. 8)
Yep, its a great bright side indeed.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Nothing to do with LU, but for me it is a "bright side" that if he stays healthy Rupp may the first American with a legitimate chance to medal in the Olympics at those distances in a loooooooooong time.
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
And as soon as he trades in his "O" for a "USA," I am his #1 fan.

Okay, so he already did that at the Olympics this past summer, but whatever.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]