Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He is already off to a fantastic start ...
LibertyFlames.com wrote:Chelanga Shines at Brooks Paul Short Run

October 3, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa.

Box Score

Competing in his first major race in a Liberty uniform, redshirt sophomore Sam Chelanga did not disappoint, Friday morning at the Brooks Paul Short Run in Bethlehem, Pa. The two-time All-American won the men’s 8K race by 38 seconds, smashing the course record and helping the Flames claim a top 10 finish in the team standings. Meanwhile, the Lady Flames, led by senior Rebekah Ricksecker, came in 20th overall in the women’s 6K.
Click Here for Full Story
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
Amazing run by Sammy! He has the running community talking about LU again in a big way.

Off topic a little bit here- Am I the only one who can't see the top story window at the top of libertyflames.com? It isn't just my home computer. I have tried several computers and I still can't see it. I have to rely on google news searches or bigsouthsports.com to get the new info from our athletic department. Not acceptable.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
Make sure to include the "www." when you type in the address for www.libertyflames.com.

When you don't, weird things happen, like those top stories missing.
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
Wow. You are a lot more smarterest than everyone gives you credit for around here. Thanks.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
:rofl

Seriously, not only is Sammy dominated like a Josh McD has done the past few years. But he is also leading a team that is not dropping off the level of last year. It was great to see Jordan back running toward the front of the pack in his final year.

Is Evans running this fall?
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
01LUGrad wrote:Wow. You are a lot more smarterest than everyone gives you credit for around here. Thanks.
Was that sarcastic like David Spade in Tommy Boy?

Or authentic like.... well, something authentic?
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
Authentically sarcastic. (I did appreciate the tip, though)

Evans' name doesn't show up on the roster. I guess his former school didn't let him off the hook just like FDU did to Sam last year. That's a shame. Throw in Kigen and this team is lights out. I was also really happy to see Jordan doing well. Hopefully he continues to improve and is able to make a name for himself this year.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Kind of bizzare that Evans was able to run track last Spring but not CC this Fall. I guess he never ran track for his former school, but it still seems strange.

A bit more on the SID home page. You have to have an up to date flash player. I can't see it at work because our IT guys won't allow me to download it.
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Kind of bizzare that Evans was able to run track last Spring but not CC this Fall. I guess he never ran track for his former school, but it still seems strange.

A bit more on the SID home page. You have to have an up to date flash player. I can't see it at work because our IT guys won't allow me to download it.
Yeah, track and cross country are technically different sports, so eligibility between the two is not related.

Did you IT guys go to Radford?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]