Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

If someone was to get kicked out of school for smoking weed, but had a good track record up until that point, should we allow them transfer to LU to play football?

Yes
63%
No
38%
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Libertine wrote:I find it hard to believe that a kid would get expelled from any other school for smoking pot.
that's why I'm asking about selling....but keep in mind guys these are all hypothetical questions and none of this should be linked with anyone
By Wolverine
Registration Days
"Should we have to earn forgiveness?"

I agree that forgiveness of sin is not earned or else Christ died in vein. However, there is a huge difference here. Would you let a convicted bank robber work the cash register or handle the finances of your business? "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on ME!" While I agree with some of you that there are students at Liberty that go out of their way to break the Liberty Way, that doesn't make it any less wrong. What is the point of setting a standard then. It's OK for athletes because "hey this kid can play"? Would we be letting just some average student in here if he had something like this on his record? Of course not!

I believe in the God of second chances, and he has that. God gives everyone who asks a second chance, and a third, and a fourth, etc. Do I think that that has anything at all to do with sports? Not really.

The PR thing doesn't even factor into the equation in my mind. Any good PR person can spin bad press. It happens all the time. Liberty is in and out of the news some good some bad, but we would get most of that press anyway.

One last though, this is actually about football!!! HAHA! How many times this past draft season did you hear about players with good ability and with some character issues. Markus Vick wasn't even dratfed mainly based on character issues! Countless others' draft status dropped tremendously. Heck the Eagles got Winston Justice in the second round. He was a guy they were contemplating on taking with their first round pick. So even from a purely football standpoint your taking a huge risk. You cannot teach character.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
NICE SIG

GO BIRDS
By LU'sbestmanger
Registration Days Posts
Wolverine wrote:
"Should we have to earn forgiveness?"

How many times this past draft season did you hear about players with good ability and with some character issues. Markus Vick wasn't even dratfed mainly based on character issues! Countless others' draft status dropped tremendously. Heck the Eagles got Winston Justice in the second round. He was a guy they were contemplating on taking with their first round pick. So even from a purely football standpoint your taking a huge risk. You cannot teach character.
correct. Randy Moss should've been the first pick that year
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]