Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Coach said everybody's got a shot at every position. That evidently meant team leadership as well.

Its hard to appreciate team dynamics unless you're on the field w/ them- and since we're not- we'll have to trust Rocco on this one.

I'm betting it was a good choice- and I'm also betting Brock will step up as well.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Nice to see that they posted the stats in the website of the spring game and they seemed to promote it very well too. I don't recall ever seeing that before. That is progress. The 4,100 in attendence might be a little misleaded after reading all of the posts but Richmond U drew about 2,500 for their spring game just to give you a measure of comparison. Remember Richmond won the A10 last year. So fan support seems to be above average considering the horrible year we had last year. I don't know anything about Lawrence the running back (good numbers in yesterday's game). Is he a walkon or a transfere? Hopefully we can pick up some more 1A transfere's before next year. It seems like there is good reason to be excited about next year with all that is going on right now.
By LU'sbestmanger
Registration Days Posts
lawrence is a walk-on. he is really good. quick burst to the whole and has really quick feet. he's good but small.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Thanks to SJ, for posting those and Bigsmooth for taking them... Yes my "Appt" was well worth it!!! And I did get an A on that project becuase that certain somebody helped me....Great day yesterday, Medic I will hopefully get the show on the website in the next day or two...
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
very nice shots there- thats a decent crowd considering A: it was a practice game, and B: the season we had last year!

wish I could've made it down.
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
Went to the game on Saturday and was very impressed with what I saw especailly from Jennings and a couple of the receivers and tight end ( who made the one hand grab across the middle). The only really question marks was the qb. Had some decent throws but some questionable ones as well (its just a spring a game so hopefully things work out by august). I was suprised by the turnout. The pics of the crowd on here are deceiving. There was around 2400 people there I would say when I first showed up. I had doubt's about next year, but definitly not anymore. If Jennings can stay healthy and the OL holds up for every game, we should be in good shape. Oh yeh another thing: yall's idea of a flamefans tent would have definitly worked at this event. I think they just had the merchandise and flames club tent with the assistant AD (plus the barbeque and the inflattable dragon) up there. This would be something to look into for the fall. Its crazy to think of how much that school haas grown since the last time I was up there. Their always building new buildingss which is a good sign for the school. Plus they finally paved the pit which is probably the best move of all.
By OhioFlame
Registration Days Posts
From the looks of it the crowd was pretty impressive for a Spring Game. Even if it wasn't the announced 4000 and more around 2000, there's a lot of mid-major 1-A schools that don't get but about 1500 out for their spring games so our crowd yesterday is nothing to sneeze at. Just a side note: how big did Jennings look yesterday? I've heard people say he's anywhere from around 225 to 250.
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
i'm not sure of the weight. He's probably around the build of Eugene Goodman, but a little taller from what I saw from the stands. He had a nice TD run in which he cut to the left side and ran the sideline from there. He seems like he had good speed to the outside. Hopefully it was from his speed and not our secondary being that slow
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Rashad told me he's 250, but he wants to play next season anywhere from 235-245.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
Eugene Goodman was 5'9", 210. Rashad is 6'3" 240.
Rashad was named captain because he pushes the guys around him to get better. His leadership influence has been most widely felt so far in the weight room and in the conditioning work. It was a little bit of a surprise that Rocco named him a captain but only because he's never played a down here, certainly not because of how he handles this team.
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
I love the flames logo being on that sign that used to just have the upcoming games. Facing 460 like that makes it pop and defines the presence. Thanks for the pics.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I know how lazy we all are- here's the direct link: http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm?PID=10996

some selections:

"O" vs "D"

Crowd

Zach Terrell

Brock Smith

Rashad Jennings

Stevie Lloyd

MR. Gado to you
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Even when one-man-banding you should NEVER let the interviewee hold the microphone. EVER.

Cool pics.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Even when one-man-banding you should NEVER let the interviewee hold the microphone. EVER.
Thank you, Dr. Troxel.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
WSET always does it that way Sly. What should they do if they are a one man band? Maybe a lapel mike?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
You should either hold it with your own left hand or hook up a lav on them. For instances like that interview on the field, it should definitely be in your left hand.

And Libertine, easy now on the Troxel crack. I believe I am still atop his least favorite student lists nearly two decades later.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Even though I am in the business, I never had the priviledge of matriculating through the comms program at Liberty. I was a Psych major. I started school as a comm's major but the head of the dept back then didn't like me for a couple of "reasons" (didn't like athletes and seemed like he didn't care for the brotha's too much either). I can't remember his name but my assistant coaches told me to change my major after having a long talk with that guy. They figured I would never graduate under his guidance. I changed to math for 1 semester til I realized if I wanted to actually eat and spend time with other people, I would have to do less than 3 hours a night in calculus homework! It is very time consuming in that degree. That is why I hold a Psych degree....I would love to sit is some of the comms classes with Troxel and the other teachers there. Maybe GMTM can let me tag along in one of his classes on national "bring a negro to school day" :lol:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:Maybe GMTM can let me tag along in one of his classes on national "bring a negro to school day" :lol:
OK, LUconn's bolivian reset has been replaced by Scar's last line for funniest quote of the week.

Now that you mention it, we didn't have much diversity in the COMS program back when I was there. I don't know if it had anything to do with faculty or anything else. Looking back it was odd. But I know times have certainly changed in that regard.

Were you looking at TVR back then, Scar?
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Thanks Sly. Just like my birthday, funny lines from me seem to hit about once a year. Yes I have always wanted to do TV and radio. Really I have always wanted to do TV but radio isn't bad either when you get to sit at press row and watch college or pro sports up close. I can think of worse ways to make a living...Sorry for the hijack...I didn't see LUConn's line. I will have to look at his latest posts. What thread?
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
That's really funny SCAR... I will have to see if I can make that happen (if I am able to come back) But I think we can make that happen...
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]