Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
This deserved to be stated in its own thread. Football season is going to be amazing. You guys are the most spirited fans of anyone so you deserve to know:

1) New uniforms - First we were just going to get new away uniforms and wear the red ones at home. However, Barber said that we're starting something new with a new building, new turf, new coach, new attitude, why wear last year's uniforms. Rocco is a traditionalist so, while I don't know what they're going to look like, I have the feeling it'll be in the Penn St "basic/bland" mold. The uniforms will be Nike, however, I'm 99% sure we won't hafta worry about the mismatched sleeves.

2) Bus trips - These seem to be a go. That makes me extremely happy.

3) Concessions - They are working on improving the current concessions or maybe adding more. They're also talking about tile in the bathrooms and little things like that to make it nicer.

4) Field - We are getting top of the line FieldTurf. Only something like 4 other places in the country have this type of turf, that's how new it is. UNC is currently putting some down. It'll go in this summer and is gonna run us a pretty penny.

5) Replica jerseys - They're in the process of getting replica jerseys made. They want to have jerseys that students/alumni can wear along with kids' jerseys.

6) Scoreboard - The current message thing will be fixed this year. However, they are looking very seriously into a new scoreboard. The current one is a light bulb board (or something like that) and they want one of the newer, higher quality scoreboards. This won't happen this year but look for it in the coming years.

7) Opening night - This is freaking awesome. They are currently trying to get someone to parachute from a plane into the stadium on opening night to the 50yd line to bring in the game ball. It'll then be used in the kickoff, and after the game be given to Coach Rocco to commemorate his first win and the new era.

8) Yell practice - This is my baby. I love it. We're going to try to do some type of "yell practice" deal on Fridays before games at 12:30am (curfew). We'll go over different cheers and other things (there were a lot of ideas for new chants, cheers, etc tonight). This would be our time to work things out between the students and the band and the cheerleaders so that on Saturday, all of the students are doing the same thing, and not 14 different cheers at once.

9) Closing campus - The idea was brought up about shutting down intramurals and LaHaye and other things around campus during games. This way the 300 kids working out in LaHaye won't be able to and will probably come to the game.

10) LUnatics - Everyone seemed to like this. That makes me extremely happy. It's not official but I'm pretty confident that this'll be the "nickname" o fthe group.

11) Pom Poms - They're in the process of getting something like 12,000 pom poms for football season.

12) Tailgating - They want it to be huge. They're going to work with that food people at LU to help with student tailgating but they also want fan/alumni tailgating as well.

13) Concerts - We want to have campus bands to play during tailgating before the games, kind of to create a party atmosphere. Then there's the possibility of getting up and coming Christian bands to come in and play after the games. This will keep students there to the end of the game and will draw in more people.

14) Advertisement - They're working on a ton of different things around campus to get the word out of when games are. Not only are they going to put the schedules in the dorms, but things around campus as well. There's also talk of working things with Facebook and the club's own website.

Overall, this will be the greatest thing to ever happen to Liberty sports in terms of student involvement. This will be amazing. Every game will be exciting. I just thought I'd pass the word along.
By LU'sbestmanger
Registration Days Posts
about the chanting thing. i tried to get one together myself this past year at the bball games. i made these posters for the visting teams starting lineups..... that didnt work. the guys i had doing it was guys from my dorm, and they were too shy. hopefully i can give off some more ideas like this, but with some guys that arent scared to yell and scream! i have alot of ideas for chants
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Thanks SJ for all your contributions. Too bad I won't be a student next year to see them all, but I do plan on having season tickets.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
SJ scoops HMO! whoo boy!
1) New uniforms - Rocco is a traditionalist so, while I don't know what they're going to look like, I have the feeling it'll be in the Penn St "basic/bland" mold.
Somewhere HBURG is doing handsprings.
3) Concessions - They are working on improving the current concessions or maybe adding more.
More food is always good.
4) Field - We are getting top of the line FieldTurf.
rock on. just get the friggin' logo right this time
5) Replica jerseys - They're in the process of getting replica jerseys made. They want to have jerseys that students/alumni can wear along with kids' jerseys.
Sign me up: PAmedic, #15
7) Opening night - They are currently trying to get someone to parachute from a plane into the stadium on opening night to the 50yd line to bring in the game ball.
If they need a paramedic to careen in doing 85 mph in an ambulance.
10) LUnatics - Everyone seemed to like this.
What I said from day 1
11) Pom Poms - They're in the process of getting something like 12,000 pom poms for football season.
why does BROKEBACK come to mind
12) Tailgating - They want it to be huge. They're going to work with that food people at LU to help with student tailgating but they also want fan/alumni tailgating as well.
I have to ask Mrs2b for permission but sounds good- PIG ROAST!
By Brokeback Flamer
Registration Days Posts
Pom Pom's?!?! DOes that mean me and my friends can come dressed as cheerleaders?!?! I would be SOOOO there!!! I have the matching gel inserts on my cheer shoes, I could go with one red and one yellow. A FLAME get it? In fact I wonder if I should be the school mascot............................

Good work SJ, I hope your enthusiasm carries the day. All about the food, it was always a good thing when they served food out on the Hancock hill during games. They would have to adjust the times and working with Food Services is always a challenge but it would be great. Maybe serve the food IN THE STADIUM, since they also own the concession rights? Set it up across from the press box on the "Student" side? Love the parachute, I will break out the maching pants and Members Only jacket with the sleeves rolled up! Turf is great, nothing but love there.
A suggestion on Replica Jersey's: Why not go with our 3 great pro's, only two of which our now playing unless the one in Denver is doing better. I would buy a Gado or McKnight jersey, that would be sorta cool! A band is an excellent idea. Maybe SGA can find the money in the budget.
The only one I don't like is shutting down intramurals and/or LaHaye. maybe encourage the intramural folks to not schedule games during those times but there are enough people who would want to work out etc that I am not sure of.. This step sort of reminds me of the old saying "The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves".
Good work!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I just KNEW you couldn't resist- BBF
By Brokeback Flamer
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:I just KNEW you couldn't resist- BBF
I gotta get my jabs in while TALLY is away!!
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
and don't forget the possibility for both football games and basketball games of torches shooting up flames when we score. and on another note for basketball, dimmers in the vine's center and spotlighting the introduction of our starting lineup. football season is going to be amazing this year at liberty.
By LU'sbestmanger
Registration Days Posts
cant forget about those bball intros. BIG TIME BABY :!: :!:
By Flamesfanva
Registration Days Posts
I'd like to see some Liberty Flames wrist bands. I did see SGA selling some at a basketball game, but I don't think they said Liberty Flames on them. I've noticed quite a few pro coaches wearing their teams wrist band.

Great info - thanks SJ.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I like all the points from SJ but number 8 .... that sounds too Texas Aggie. I'm down with getting organized chants (kind of ironic coming from SJ) but please don't call it "yell practice". I'm sure Pastor Zach would love it, but it gives me chills hearing that phrase. The thought of SJ running around the sideline in a milkman outfit flapping his arms is disturbing. :shock:

It sounds like some of the ideas we have brought up on this board and the old one are being heard. Its cool to see this board helping to mobilize the masses.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I stole the yell practice idea from your buddies the Aggies. It sounds better than pep rally.
By Flamesfanva
Registration Days Posts
LUnatic Shout Fest? I also don't care for using pep rally.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
How about calling it a Fire Drill?

Yeah, I know I'm obsessed with this fire concept. My therapist keep reminding me. :lol:
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
whmatthews wrote:and don't forget the possibility for both football games and basketball games of torches shooting up flames when we score. and on another note for basketball, dimmers in the vine's center and spotlighting the introduction of our starting lineup. football season is going to be amazing this year at liberty.
I have a friend that occasionally does the PA (public address) for athletic events around here and I could talk to him and maybe get a chance to do that for Liberty. I mean I have announced for about 5 years working at this other event and Im sure they could vouch for how good I sound
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts

I'm gonna work on the coding and all of that stuff either this weekend or next week. That's the layout I'm lookin at though.
By HeyThatsMe
I am definitely in that picture. That was three years ago at the JMU game. First game of the season and we got waxed. Still a fun trip though...
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
It was the best fan picture I could fine.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote: 5) Replica jerseys - They're in the process of getting replica jerseys made. They want to have jerseys that students/alumni can wear along with kids' jerseys.
In the history of the world, this has to rank pretty high in the greatest things catagory. The one problem is I'd put the over/under on price at $100.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
great work SJ! i am excited for the season, and proud of your efforts! i agree with sly about the name of the activity at curfew, call it anything but yell practice. the "fire drill" reference is good. i have no problem in the concept, let's just come up with our own name.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Hey SJ, Im mentioning this to hopefully give some inspiraton, but every home game the band does a cadence from the back hallway of Demoss all the way down to the football stadium for pregame. Is there any way to get the students involved with that?
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Somehow I don't think you want the students involved with that. I can see it now: students with LUnatics painted on their body running through, weaving in an out of the line and just generally annoying the band.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I agree with LUconn about that one.

As for the jerseys, I don't think they'll be that much. The authentic jerseys are that much, but I think the replicas would be around $50.
By Brokeback Flamer
Registration Days Posts
I will give $100 cash to the first "streaker" from the board. Preferable some time in the first half or just before kick off. You could start at the visiting locker room and sprint to the new Op Center. Face paint is required. Chest/body paint and a cape gets an extra $25. Now THAT should bring some excitiment.
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]