Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
ok watched the video. (actually pretty good production value, I thought)

1. ok size (actually looked bigger as #62 than he was as #42 ???)
2. looks pretty darn quick
3. fills a hole nicely
4. appears very strong- blows OL off the line
5. makes tackles and hits hard
6. FAST

*didn't like the apparent throat slashing gesture at the 55 sec mark, watched it 3xs- may have been a sign of the cross but I don't know about that

It'll be interesting to see how he does in camp against D1 college players
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I don't think it was a slash. But he is certainly demonstrative on the field. We could use a little more attitude.

He's been recruited as a LB and he seems to have nice size, quickness and ferocity.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Just to let you know, he was playing against 1A schools. NC goes from 1A (smallest) to 4AA (biggest). In those games, the team in red was 1AA (East Surry), the team in navy was 2A this year (it may have been in 04 when they were 1AA), and the last team is 1AA I think.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for giving us the frame of reference. He clearly was a man among boys at that level.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Great penetration and speed. Something that we could use considering our lack of big play ability on defense. A tough guy to block.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Suddenly we're getting more athletic at the LB in a hurry.
By Agent2Be
Registration Days Posts
We have to get athletic in the 3-4. Linbackers make the majority of the plays including quarterback pressures. Now, we need a NG that can plug the hole.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I agree w/ LB being critical as far as speed and strength goes. My comment about being interested in seeing his performance at this level was due to the fact it looked pretty obvious that he was the class of the field in THAT situation. Hopefully he will learn from Rojas back there.

We may still need help on the lines though, unless Rocco can get more outta the big uglies this year.
CUSA Tournament Las Cruces, NM

@ballcoach15 I told you LU will win the tourn[…]

2024 Season Thread

Soooooo, is it time to get a new head coach or w[…]

Prayers please

Best of luck to you! Life gonna change 👍🏼

NCAA Realignment Megathread

The push for a G5 playoff may be bigger th[…]