Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
This site has been around for several years at least and I've found it to be very helpful for historical perspective. They typically update school info leading into August training camps.

Not thrilled to learn that we are 1-3 all-time v new BS member, Presbyterian. :(
And did we really play the University of Mexico back in 1980?
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
Whoever found this is a genious, free's up alot of college football arguments
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
good news. Mack Brown was 2-20 in his first two years of coaching at North Carolina. His record for the past two seasons was 24-1 at Texas. Maybe, we can have some of that kind of turn around
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens wrote:good news. Mack Brown was 2-20 in his first two years of coaching at North Carolina. His record for the past two seasons was 24-1 at Texas. Maybe, we can have some of that kind of turn around
Not to be a naysayer to your last point but, two words:

Vince. Young.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I'd also like to add "Texas. High. School. Football."
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Glad to see the board finally recognizing what Pastor Zach and I have been telling you about the Lone Star State talent.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Isn't Eastern Michigan I-A? When did we beat them?
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/di ... ?year=1989

10/14/89: we beat them at their house, also beat Eastern Illinois, spanked Towson and only lost to Central Florida by 3 that year (my last year on campus).

you were probably about 5 yrs old at the time?
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
In 1989, both Eastern Michigan and UCF were I-AA.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I'm remembering it was a big deal for us- maybe we were transitioning from D2 at the time? a little foggy on the details. I just know that it was crazy on campus that night as we listened to the radio call from Michigan and realized we had just beaten a "Division 1 team".
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/di ... ?year=1989

10/14/89: we beat them at their house, also beat Eastern Illinois, spanked Towson and only lost to Central Florida by 3 that year (my last year on campus).

Try I had just turned 4 a couple months earlier
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
First game I remember was when we played West Virginia Tech in 1990 I was 5 at the time, yeah we killed them
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
PAmedic wrote:http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/di ... ?year=1989

Try I had just turned 4 a couple months earlier
I turned three the day before.

Hey, it may be 17 years later, but we have a game on October 14th this year and it'd be a pretty big upset if we won. Think we can pull the same thing off 17 years later?
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
think I'll go hang myself. Thanks guys.
By LU'sbestmanger
Registration Days Posts
if it makes you feel any better......... i was only 2. lol :lol:
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
oh, MUCH. Thanks bro!
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
OK, medic, I was 13 in '89. Does that help?
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
a little.

thanks for trying
By Guest
We were I-AA in '89, having moved up in Morgan Hout's last season in '88. Eastern Michigan was indeed a I-A school in '89, and we beat them 25-24 at their place on a last minute TD pass from Robby Justino to Eric Green in Rutigliano's first season as coach.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Guest that is what I remember as well. I thought it was a 1A team we beat back then. Justino is still my favorite LU QB although I liked Antwon Chiles too because he was big and mobile with a good arm like Dante Culpepper.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
I stand corrected.

Speaking of Chiles, I'll never forget our own PA announcer (Duffy?) introducing him as Antwan CHILL-ays. This was somewhere around the middle of Chiles' second season starting.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Libertine that is hilarious. PA announcers have it rough because anything they say can and will be used against them in the court of public opinion. I guess TV announcers are subject to that same scrutiny....Now I have to actually start listening to what I say :wink: That reminds me of a time when there was a gathering at city baseball stadium with a group of religious leaders. This was back in fall of 86 and I was a frosh. One of the Catholic priests got on the mic and said he was filling in for father such and such who is in the hospital with a slipped disc. He however didn't say disc but rather another part of the male anatomy! All I remember after that is the fact most people caught it but no one wanted to laugh out loud. Everyone was holding it in for a while until one of the speakers told a corny joke and we laughed really really hard. Does anyone else remember that occassion? Old Hags?
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
twan had a gun! very much in the culpepper frame.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]