Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
too many other sports that need alumni fan presence on that weekend.

FB's gotta be mid-afternoon
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Homecoming HAS been at night before. I know in 2000 it was...not sure about other years.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Fumblerooskies wrote:Homecoming HAS been at night before. I know in 2000 it was...not sure about other years.
Karcher era.

yeah... don't wanna repeat THAT one- for sure. Plus, our overall athletic programs are LIGHT YEARS ahead at this point and deserve the attention.

stick to afternoons.
By DutchyNY
Registration Days Posts
i was only able to make it down for one game this year as will be the case prolly for now on so my opinion is limited but...
loved the LU chant pre game
hated the music other than the techno oh oh oh song we need about 30 more members in the band then just let them play its college- the band is part of the feel
cheerleaders and mascot should prolly move to the baptist side or to the end zone
if the student section were to draw about 100 more id be all for moving the band somewhere else either endzone or baptist side
i would love to see another thursday night game but this time more meaningful opponent
the whole atmosphere still seems kind of thrown together which it is and i think we are doing about 99% of what we could be doin
as far as the baptist side being boring -i think that is to be expected for a 30 yr old program that doesnt allow booze in the tailgate
all in all we have something that is becoming very unique and something to be proud of and that im sure most fcs schools would envy when it comes to gameday experience
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
DutchyNY wrote:i was only able to make it down for one game this year as will be the case prolly for now on so my opinion is limited but...
loved the LU chant pre game
hated the music other than the techno oh oh oh song we need about 30 more members in the band then just let them play its college- the band is part of the feel
cheerleaders and mascot should prolly move to the baptist side or to the end zone
if the student section were to draw about 100 more id be all for moving the band somewhere else either endzone or baptist side
i would love to see another thursday night game but this time more meaningful opponent
the whole atmosphere still seems kind of thrown together which it is and i think we are doing about 99% of what we could be doin
as far as the baptist side being boring -i think that is to be expected for a 30 yr old program that doesnt allow booze in the tailgate
all in all we have something that is becoming very unique and something to be proud of and that im sure most fcs schools would envy when it comes to gameday experience
We picked up 100 new folks this year and at the current rate of growth we should get those 30 people next year even with the people that are graduating and/or not returning
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
DutchyNY wrote:cheerleaders and mascot should prolly move to the baptist side or to the end zone
I think the NCAA has some rules (of course!) about where the cheerleaders can be on the field. Although, I certainly may be mistaken.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
My understanding is the cheerleaders can be anywhere around the field but behind the opponents bench.
By FlamingChick
Registration Days Posts
I also think the Cheerleaders should come over to the home side---if not all, then definitely half of them. We need all the help we can get over there....
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
If the cheerleaders came to the Baptist side, Medic wouldn't be able to see over them.
:pbjtime
:medic
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
They still wouldn't help.
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
What are you saying exactly?
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
They're not good.
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:They're not good.
Town fans or Cheerleaders?
By blwall1416
Registration Days Posts
Perhaps cheerleaders on both sides. One set, currently where they are. Then, another set on the other side at the opposite end zone (near the FOC).

I think the band should sit on top of the visiting teams locker room. That would be sweet.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
The Baptist side is getting better, still a LONG way to go, but if we get a handful of graduates over there every year like myself this past year and if Jon would ever come over there, we could begin to see a forming of a small group of enthusiastic fans.
Election 2022 and 2024

We were not better before Trump. The enormous amou[…]

Meanwhile, Virginia University of Lynchburg is i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://i.imgur.com/KeewXvX.jpeg He's not finis[…]

Family Travel Obsession

I’m the same way and my family has thanked m[…]