Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Big South Announces Football Players of the Week

Written by: Big South
Release: 11/05/2007

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – VMI slotback Tim Maypray and Liberty linebacker Vince Redd have been named the Big South football Choice Hotels Offensive Player of the Week and New Balance Defensive Player of the Week, respectively, for games played during Week 10 (Nov. 3) of the 2007 season, it was announced today by the Conference office. In addition, Charleston Southern kick returner Gerald Stevenson was selected as Special Teams Player of the Week, while Coastal Carolina running back Eric O’Neal garnered Freshman of the Week honors.

Redd, a redshirt-senior from Elizabethton, Tenn., tied for the team lead with a career-high 11 tackles in Liberty’s 37-24 win over Coastal Carolina. He finished the game with a personal-best 2.5 sacks for a loss of 21 yards, in addition to a forced fumble and three quarterback hurries. Redd marked his third multiple tackle-for-loss game of the season, a took over the Big South lead in sacks over the weekend.
http://www.bigsouthsports.com/ViewArtic ... ID=1206842
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Somebody needs to post that pic of Vince, but I don't know what I'm doing. Here's what the property said about it:

Wow, I've posted my first pic!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
That looks like it may have hurt.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
man, that hurts my spine.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
congrats to vince! well deserved!!!
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
You couldn't pay me enough money to get blind-sided by that guy....
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
His league-leading sack total is even more impressive when you consider he drops back in coverage about as often as he rushes the passer, and is tied for second on the team with 2 picks.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Congrats to Vince, much deserved.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
congrats to #4!

Also: one raised eyebrow at the O'Neil/Maypray selections. I'd call that "reaching", but what do I know :dontgetit
Election 2022 and 2024

We were not better before Trump. The enormous amou[…]

Meanwhile, Virginia University of Lynchburg is i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://i.imgur.com/KeewXvX.jpeg He's not finis[…]

Family Travel Obsession

I’m the same way and my family has thanked m[…]