Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By bozlady
Registration Days Posts
. . . in singing the great song, "Days of Elijah" at TRBC, I got to thinkin', wow! wouldn't it be AWESome if the band could play that song at the last two games?! That would really get the crowd on both sides singing and Praising the Lord with a thundering sound. It sounded so great in church today, and if any of you have never seen/heard the impact of that song, check out todays service or better yet, go to one when they sing that song and you'll understand......to God be the Glory great things He has done!
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
We are not playing in the church next week are we? I agree, good song, but worship and football are a little different.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
I think the days are long gone when the students and team will sing "Victory in Jesus" after a big win...and perhaps any other hymn at a sporting event.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Fumblerooskies wrote:I think the days are long gone when the students and team will sing "Victory in Jesus" after a big win...and perhaps any other hymn at a sporting event.
You haven't been on the student side this year.

In blowout wins, we always sing stuff. We've sang Victory in Jesus twice and Amazing Grace God only knows how many times. We sang Amazing Grace yesterday and it was so terrible it was great.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
We've sang...Amazing Grace
Super, was "Amazing Grace" sung during or after the game? Sadly, I couldn't hear anything sung from the Baptist side, and the older Baptist fans weren't even doing any singing themselves. Here's to hoping that the student carry the singing tradition into the basketball games this year.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
It was in the fourth quarter. We only sing stuff during the blowouts as a way of saying, "Yea, we could care less about you guys. We're beating you so bad we can start singing."
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
That's the BIG difference. I sensed back in the 90's when they sang...it was because it "Was the Christian thing to do.." and was led by the music on the PA.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Going way, waaaaaaay back here, but when Eddie Dobson was our soccer coach, the team started singing "Victory In Jesus after a win. He stopped them and informed them in no uncertain terms that what they were singing about occured 2000 years ago on the cross, not on a soccer pitch.

On the other hand, the band used to play it at football games all the time.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Going way, waaaaaaay back here, but when Eddie Dobson was our soccer coach, the team started singing "Victory In Jesus after a win. He stopped them and informed them in no uncertain terms that what they were singing about occured 2000 years ago on the cross, not on a soccer pitch.

On the other hand, the band used to play it at football games all the time.
I think this is a good tradition to do away with, I agree with ol Eddie. Beside that it is korny.
The COVID-19 Megathread

The thing is, they're still doing this crap. More […]

Election 2022 and 2024

Can we cancel the debate between president MAGA an[…]

Athens Regional

Escobar was a very very good pitcher until the 7[…]

2024 Season Thread

Postseason time! #4 or #5 was somewhat irrelevant […]