Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
it looks like they will air that evening as well at 11pm
By bozlady
Registration Days Posts
I just noticed that too
By auntie ann
Registration Days Posts
SJ, I love love your team spirit. We need to create a paying job for you. I really think you guys on this board are the most amazing fans. Team pride is lacking in so many schools. Keep doing what you are doing.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Assistant Athletic Director for Fan Involvement

hmmmm. I think I may send that to Barber...
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I tried with the Student Flames Club and it didn't work. That's ok. I've done well enough on my own and the kids are doing great taking it one step further.

I have to admit I'm not comfortable with the "paying job" remarks. They make me feel good and all of that, but there are other kids out there that are trying and being great fans who just aren't as vocal as me.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, SJ is just the biggest+loudest (although I am working on that). But all of us show up faithfully. Rob (don't think he's even on here), Bryan, Me, etc. There is a group of us who are faithful, loud, passionate. There are guys like Dwhite and his crew that, while on their own in a way, work with us. Guys like the ones who do the ridiculously good job painting up (No, not you Bryan). There is a core group of fans that, as it expands, will make this University proud.

I love this team. I purposefully want to stay longer than I have to, just to get in free and sit with the students, as a student. I have thought, since I met Jon, that I want to "take over" for him if he ever left. That's how passionate I am about this team. It's all I want to talk about during the week. I bug the crap out of guys on my hall who don't go to games, and it peeves me when people say 'Yeah, we went and stayed about...halfway through."

I am proud to be a Flame.

I have been since day 1.

I will be until God finds a way to get me off this planet.
By auntie ann
Registration Days Posts
You guys are so awesome, I would love to have been a student with a group like you guys, I can say that I enjoy reading the forum as one of my favorite web visits daily. I know the team loved it on Saturday, Brock said he could not believe how much support you guys gave the team on Saturday, He said and I quote it was SICK...that is really good in his eyes...
He also told me again what a good guy Vince Redd is, when I brought up the taunting penalty, he was like he did not deserve that at all. I think the fans are so much a team member.
I wanted to also add that my husband was at stock club meeting on Thursday, he is like the youngest guy, and men said has anyone heard of a team called Coast Carolina? and of course my husband did, and they said that is Penn-State's home opener next year. Thought that was ironic, my husband will be smiling from ear to ear next meeting with the Liberty victory.
Thanks again Auntie Ann
By MacGeek
Registration Days Posts
hey im new here, while i am not yet a liberty student have missed one home football game. One of my friends at liberty heard about this and he said check it out. well, anyways, here are my thoughts on the game.

offense- they played well. very happy with the run game, and the best part is that Brock and Rashad are coming back next year. wow.

Defense- solid enough, still think we are weak at times.. i think if they had a better QB it would have been a problem. but im not a fan of th 3-4 d anyways.

ST- got the job done.

but the real surprise was the 12th man. it was crazy down there. it was aload of fun. and you bet i was screaming.

And another thing.. i dont see why the community doesnt support LU football. its the only university that has a Football team. i think that could be a effective witnessing tool to the community.

thanks dudes, and sorry for misspellings my keyboard is acting up.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
MacGeek wrote:hey im new here, while i am not yet a liberty student have missed one home football game. One of my friends at liberty heard about this and he said check it out. well, anyways, here are my thoughts on the game.

offense- they played well. very happy with the run game, and the best part is that Brock and Rashad are coming back next year. wow.

Defense- solid enough, still think we are weak at times.. i think if they had a better QB it would have been a problem. but im not a fan of th 3-4 d anyways.

ST- got the job done.

but the real surprise was the 12th man. it was crazy down there. it was aload of fun. and you bet i was screaming.

And another thing.. i dont see why the community doesnt support LU football. its the only university that has a Football team. i think that could be a effective witnessing tool to the community.

Really much of that comes from the fact that we have not been all that good for many MANY years and people really just got tired of all the losing and the sub .500 seasons. I think that people are starting to come back around though
By Iwasneverhere
Registration Days Posts
Annnnd the other half is that the community doesn't look too fondly on the university because of its past and present ideals, involvment.. etc. in the burg you either Love or Hate LU and sadly alot of people are in the latter party.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
This is my first oppurtunity to get to a computer since Friday. First off, kudos to the students. You guys were amazing! The Bill was jacked! That place was ready to explode. Even the baptist side was into it.

For the game, I felt like we didn't even play well, but we still dominated. We kept shooting ourselves in the foot. Goes to show you how far we have come as a program. Its funny looking at coastal's board, and they think since we have so many seniors they will just kill us next year. I'm sorry, but I think we have too much coming back for that to happen. I'm not predicting a win down there yet, it's too far away, but we will contend for the championship next year.

Anyways, it's great to get a win over those guys, and I look forward to this weekend against VMI.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:I'm not saying it's a terrible thing or telling anyone what to do or not do, but count me among those who are a bit "queasy" about the use of the word "suck". Yes, I understand that some of you "youts" honestly consider it a harmless synonym for "stink", but more people than you might think (and not just old hags) are well aware of it's other connotations and cringe when we hear it. Bottom line is it is totally unnecessary, and you can accomplish everything you want to without it.
this has got to be a regional thing. (anywhere south of MD)

I use the phrase approximately 200 times/day. And I'm a nice guy.

suggestion- bring earmuffs if you ever visit SE PA. :D
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:The students were AWESOME!!!!! I hate Police brutality, thell them to go to Dunkin Donuts or something productive and stay away from the games if they can't do better. As for the fans/players of other teams keep it clean but keep up the harassment and tell the LU kids who have a problem with it, to go play in the middle of Wards road, or go hand out tracts on the Parkway. Usually their type end up doing nothing productive in life anyway.

Boy I feel better now. :D
I SECOND THAT EMOTION

Seriously- JB (Batman) needs to get on the horn with whomever oversees the prayer leaders, RAs, etc. If you're gonna come to the games with that attitude- we don't need you. STAY THE FREAK HOME. THIS IS WHAT WE CALL THE LU BUBBLE.

As far as LUPD- uh, yeah. That's ridiculous. I'm as supportive as ANYONE for my brothers in blue- but that's WAY out of line.
One of the most important facets of crowd control is to NOT incite problems- 1 overly sensative officer wading into 7000 pumped up kids is not only retarded- its just asking for problems. Do your job sir- protect and serve.
By badger74
Registration Days Posts
We made the long trip from Seattle this weekend to take care of some business and had time to go to the game.
We spent the first half at the top of the student section and it was loud the entire half. I was very impressed with the arm of the QB and the running game. The D made some big plays when they need to or the game might have been much closer.
I think as the team learns to focus the entire game and keeps recruiting hard it could be a power. Good facility and atmosphere for the Champ division. Loved the jumbo Jumbotron--should keep that one for the rest of the games.
Great value for $10/ticket. Weather helped too--what a day.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
MacGeek wrote:hey im new here, while i am not yet a liberty student have missed one home football game. One of my friends at liberty heard about this and he said check it out. well, anyways, here are my thoughts on the game.

ST- got the job done.

Really much of that comes from the fact that we have not been all that good for many MANY years and people really just got tired of all the losing and the sub .500 seasons. I think that people are starting to come back around though
this plays a part, but also the very anti-liberty feeling in this town makes it that much tougher to draw in the locals....
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
BADGER- glad you enjoyed it- would've loved to have been down for that one as well!

Meanwhile, Virginia University of Lynchburg is i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://i.imgur.com/KeewXvX.jpeg He's not finis[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

This entire conversation is tiring. If you thi[…]

Family Travel Obsession

I’m the same way and my family has thanked m[…]