Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The Creation Museum is in Northern Kentucky near the Cincinnati airport. The man behind the museum was a prof at LU when I was a student.

But this is getting horribly :offtopic

I admit I am intrigued by Bentley's version of the Spread Offense. Its a way teams can overcome being physically overmatched. Texas Tech has hung around the Top 25 for years despite less than stellar talent by exploiting a gimmick. I commend the Hose for being creative.
By pcguy09
Registration Days Posts
the thing is i hope our defense does not start floundering like texas tech has
By Chantzilla
Registration Days Posts
gobluehose wrote:
LUconn wrote:I guess nobody's worried about their defense. But I would just like add that I read on their board that they run a 3-5 defense. We ran that in PeeWee football. And then in HS we did not. :lol:
please think that our defense is the same as a PeeWee football defense......and you'll be having the same "how did we lose to PC" conversation this time next week that VMI and Coastal are having....the "ram it down your throat" concept hasn't worked against PC's defense...thats what VMI and Coastal tried....sure you may get some big runs here and there that make the stats look gaudy...but PC's PeeWee 3-5 defense stopped Coastal cold inside the 5 twice with a full set of downs because they thought they could just over power their way in....its more of a bend but don't break philosophy

IMO the way to beat PC's defense is to stretch them out from sideline to sideline (like our offense does)....we don't have a lot of depth or great team speed, so they would eventually wear down. But go ahead and take the same strategy as VMI and Coastal...

Forward this to Coach Rocco if you like....it might help him :wink:
gobluehose,

PC's pee-wee "D" did not stop CCU's offense inside the five yd line twice. Rather CCU stopped itself. Here's how:

The first time, our QB fumbled the snap.
The second time, we scored a TD but had it called back due to an illegal formation penalty (granted, the FG was blocked).

Anyway, congrats on your big win.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
my only comment toward this discussion is that the SPC guys were talking some real smack before our game last year and we basically walked all over them. You can talk a good game but what matters is what that scoreboard says once the clock reads 0:00 at the end of the 4th quarter.
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:my only comment toward this discussion is that the SPC guys were talking some real smack before our game last year and we basically walked all over them. You can talk a good game but what matters is what that scoreboard says once the clock reads 0:00 at the end of the 4th quarter.
I dont think SPC has ever beaten Coastal, VMI, or Chuck South though

If I were Presby I'd be feeling really good right now. Not because of playing LU, Presby should feel pretty good about playing us.

But Id be thrilled because theyre in the top 3 in the BS(besides LU and GW) - For their AD and football coach, this has to be everything going right.

Looking Forward to Homecoming, where the JTrain will make it's first appearance
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
What is the JTrain?

And BJ, PC and SPC are on completely different levels.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:What is the JTrain?

And BJ, PC and SPC are on completely different levels.
Well I figured they are on different levels. Im just saying that if the fans are gonna talk trash to make a note of it. This could be a very good game this weekend. I just would not be suprpised if LU took these guys down a peg this weekend
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
lotsa trash talk over on Presby's board- SJ and I are enjoying ourselves.

Gonna be some sad hoes making the long trip home this weekend.
CUSA Tournament Las Cruces, NM

Liberty will play winner of New Mexico State-Jacks[…]

LSU

Liberty 3 LSU 1, final. Escobar complete game win.[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

It certainly feels ridiculous to see some of these[…]

Volleyball Coach

Former player and assistant coach Rebecca Ru[…]