Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I've heard someone else say they have the best QB at the I-AA level they've ever seen...that is a bold statement, but he's not to far off...they should def be in the discussion

As far as Elon goes, they are pretty tough...anytime you lose to a team by 14 and then that team goes off and beats Auburn (and kills them at AU) you know they'll be ready to play
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Jake Phillips - 2nd in Passer Rating
Jake Phillips - First in Passing yards
William & Mary - Most points per game in the country
W&M - 2nd in passing yards per game
W&M - 2nd in 1st downs per game
W&M - 2nd in yards per game
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
FlameOn wrote:I don't see why we wouldn't beat Elon. I think the team will be ready after they lost to W&M and they will come out hot. I see a win of at least 14, I hope. Go FLAMES!!!
this is my brother...just thought I point out that

He's joined the cult...i mean club
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:I've heard someone else say they have the best QB at the I-AA level they've ever seen...that is a bold statement, but he's not to far off...they should def be in the discussion
Personally I think it's more the system than him. Hes an accurate passer who can move in the pocket. With that said he didnt have to do much on his own to make stuff happen against us. There was ALWAYS a reciever open, and he never had any pressure on him. His backup was tearing us up too when he came in so I am not sure if a game vs. LU can really grade him
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
We blitzed a ton on them. We just didn't get to him because he had the presence to just roll a little and get away from him. He's good.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I dont think there is any doubt that we made him look even better...it helps when our DB's are playing him soft....I'll agree that he fits that system very good but at the same time he put that ball on the money every time.
By elonpride
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Uh, statistically, no it's not.
Competitionally speaking it IS a bold statement........

There's many teams out there that've played bigger skeds. ASU played at Michigan & North Arizona.......UNH has played Marshall & JMU.....the list can go on. Sorry but playing Delaware, VMI and Liberty doesn't hold a candle to either of those and others schedules thus far.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
As of right now, statistically, they are the best offense, right now. I don't care that they haven't played App's schedule. I've seen them in person.
By elonpride
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:As of right now, statistically, they are the best offense, right now. I don't care that they haven't played App's schedule. I've seen them in person.
Okay, then we'll agree to disagree :D

Anyway, I hope to meet a few of the LU fans here over the weekend. The wife is letting me out to have a "men's" weekend, so maybe we'll be able to drink a couple beers :D
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Of course we haven't earned any respect. We might have earned W&M's respect but that's it. We may have to wait 'til next year to begin to earn more respect since our schedule will be much stronger. Maybe not though, if we stll finish 9-2 then we should gain a little bit of respect. Not much though. It's a process that takes time especially considering where we were just a few years ago.
By Realist
Registration Days Posts
I really hope you guys kick elon in the teeth. I mean, like 45-0. They love to put down the Big South and they never won a conference title in anything while in the Big South. And they never win in the Southern either, except a good season in basketball, which they couldn't do in the Big South.

I don't pay much attention to BS football, but I really hope you kill them.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
elonpride wrote:
SuperJon wrote:As of right now, statistically, they are the best offense, right now. I don't care that they haven't played App's schedule. I've seen them in person.

Anyway, I hope to meet a few of the LU fans here over the weekend. The wife is letting me out to have a "men's" weekend, so maybe we'll be able to drink a couple beers :D
Haha, Liberty students throwing back beers.

Pop in an R-Rated movie and we'll stay past bedtime, too. :P
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:It's a process that takes time especially considering where we were just a few years ago.
Yes it is, and I'm a patient man. Especially when I have so much more faith in our current coach and his staff than I had in their predecessors. Even the losses under Coach Rocco have been much more acceptable (if that's possible) than they were under Karcher. We've got a lot of season left ahead of us and I'm not planning on going anywhere.
By elonpride
Registration Days Posts
Realist wrote:I really hope you guys kick elon in the teeth. I mean, like 45-0. They love to put down the Big South and they never won a conference title in anything while in the Big South. And they never win in the Southern either, except a good season in basketball, which they couldn't do in the Big South.

I don't pay much attention to BS football, but I really hope you kill them.
Whoa Whoa WHOAAAAA......who says we like to put down the Big South? I've never seen anyone on the Elon board put down the Big South!!!!!!!

And by the way, We won SoCon titles last year and 4 the previous year! We also won a meager 1 BS title in Women's soccer and did receive an at large bid to the baseball regionals while in the BS. So before you go on some tantrum and try to get people on your bandwagon, read the facts!!!!!

Our athletics have come a long way since the Big South and I for one thank the BS for allowing us in. I, and many other Elon fans, know that Elon kind of screwed th BS conference. They basically started football for us, then we jumped ship!
By elonpride
Registration Days Posts
ToTheLeft wrote:
elonpride wrote:

Oh come on! We all drink a few beers from time to time! I work with a Liberty Alum, and the guy will drink a couple beers! Okay, if you're Greek Othodox and going through a fast and someone invites you to eat meat or consume something, then you HAVE to eat it! Isn't Southern Baptist the same way? :D Please excuse my ignorance, because I'm acutally Quaker (seriously). :wink:
By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
Schfourteenteen wrote: His backup was tearing us up too when he came in so I am not sure if a game vs. LU can really grade him
OK, I wasn't even at the game and I know that's not true. His backup was in for 3 frappin' plays and completed a single pass. Was he smacking our guys with his clipboard on the sideline? Because that's the only way you could possibly say he was "tearing us up".
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Drinking is against the Liberty Way. Students can get in a crapload of trouble for it.
By elonpride
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Drinking is against the Liberty Way. Students can get in a crapload of trouble for it.
Sorry for my ignorance man! I really didn't know!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Oh it's cool. A lot of people don't know. Liberty still sticks to the Christian aspect of the school a lot more than most schools that were founded as Christian schools.
By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
I hate Elon. I don't mind saying it. The last time I was there, they played in that ratty high school stadium and some drunken frat boy dumped his beer on me. Fortunately, he and every other student in the place left at halftime.

Too bad, because they missed a storybook ending. We were down by 7 w/ 2 minutes to go and drove down to the Elon 25. The tying TD pass was nullified by a holding penalty and, on the ensuing play, the quarterback's throw goes through our receiver's hands, through the Elon defender's hands, off the helmet of a 2nd Elon player, bounces 20 feet straight up in the air and comes down in the arms of the 3rd guy in for the interception. Game over.
I didn't say it was a good story. More of a 3 Stooges episode. With Shemp, not Curly.
By elonpride
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Oh it's cool. A lot of people don't know. Liberty still sticks to the Christian aspect of the school a lot more than most schools that were founded as Christian schools.
That's acutally a good thing. It's seriously good to see that people/schools stick to their convictions (whether people outside the community agree with it or not)!

BUt we got off point because of my beer comment. Please still feel welcome on our campus. There are many young Alumus, like many on our board, that will welcome you into our tailgate.
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
Alumni can't get in trouble though so don't feel bad about inviting them to join you. They may or may not but it's mainly a policy for our current students. As SJ will affirm, a lot of students don't have personal conviction about it but rather respect the authority of the school while there.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
TallyW wrote:Alumni can't get in trouble though so don't feel bad about inviting them to join you. They may or may not but it's mainly a policy for our current students. As SJ will affirm, a lot of students don't have personal conviction about it but rather respect the authority of the school while there.
this is true
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Drinking is against the Liberty Way. Students can get in a crapload of trouble for it.

eh, mommy
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
elonpride wrote:
ToTheLeft wrote:
elonpride wrote: Okay, then we'll agree to disagree :D

Oh come on! We all drink a few beers from time to time! I work with a Liberty Alum, and the guy will drink a couple beers! Okay, if you're Greek Othodox and going through a fast and someone invites you to eat meat or consume something, then you HAVE to eat it! Isn't Southern Baptist the same way? :D Please excuse my ignorance, because I'm acutally Quaker (seriously). :wink:

The man has a point. He's talking about having a few beers, not doing shots.

C'mon. loosen the halo a bit ... it's getting a little tight, don't cha think? :roll:

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-h[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]