Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
shukcb04 wrote:doesnt matter what level you participate in, to gain respect you have to win games against quality competition. Liberty hasn't done that and I don't really give a crap if i'm not part of your elitist cult (which i'd rather not be part of your greater than thou elitism), the truth is the truth rather it's me saying it or one of your cult members saying it.
wrong

you have to PLAY WELL to earn respect.

last night- at times- we did just that.

there is no shame in losing close games to good competition.

we're getting there.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
shuk,

Im sorry that you feel the way you do. HAving been at LU for 5 years and well into my 6th, I have seen where we have come from, and it was NOT a pretty sight to behold (the women's basketball team and the men's championship in 2004 being exceptions). Liberty has not done well in many sports I will agree, but I think that is something that is not lost on AD Barber (hence the changes that have been wrought already). LU has a chance to really become a special program. they are not there yet by any stretch but I think that the right people are in place right now to make some really good things happen. LC has done their own share of great things at their level (DIII I believe) and I have a feeling that they will continue to improve as well. They may not be at the level of LU resourcewise or facilitywise, but LC has shown that they can still throw down where it matters...on the field of play. I mean look at kids like FR Jr. That kid is doing great things at the college and the American Legion level and probably would do very well in a minor league system. You don't need to be a part of the LU bandwagon (nor would I really expect you to be) because you have plenty to be proud of where you are at. Yeah they may not have a football program or be as necessarily well known as LU is on the national stage, but LC is still giving its folks plenty to be proud of and you can wear that proudly on here, AND wherever you may go offline.
By flafan
Registration Days Posts
i didnt realize i had to be aprt of a "cult" to speak the truth...
no cults here...just sports fans. Sorry if our enthusiasm gets a little carried away at times. Surely you understand.

Still no excuse for bad behavior on our part.

If Liberty didn't earn your respect last night, and they should have. It won't be long, they will soon.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
flafan wrote: no cults here...just sports fans. Sorry if our enthusiasm gets a little carried away at times. Surely you understand.

If Liberty didn't earn your respect last night, and they should have. It won't be long, they will soon.
Pay no attention to him- he's from LC, not W&M

when they start playing real sports he can comment on here about DI athletics (sorry FUMBLE, no offense to your kid )
By flafan
Registration Days Posts
(sorry FUMBLE, no offense to your kid )
??
By shukcb04
Registration Days Posts
flafan wrote:
i didnt realize i had to be aprt of a "cult" to speak the truth...
no cults here...just sports fans. Sorry if our enthusiasm gets a little carried away at times. Surely you understand.

Well they did earn some - I didn't expect the game to be that close, and I wasn't even factoring in before hand a somewhat poor defensive performance, at least that's what the stats indicate - but I'm still not convinced that they are going to be a really good team this year. For me to consider them really good (and thus gain a lot of respect), they'll have to beat some good teams on a consistent basis, not just lose close games.
By shukcb04
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:
flafan wrote: no cults here...just sports fans. Sorry if our enthusiasm gets a little carried away at times. Surely you understand.

Pay no attention to him- he's from LC, not W&M

when they start playing real sports he can comment on here about DI athletics (sorry FUMBLE, no offense to your kid )
so LU only plays one real sport then? we sponsor all the same sports as LU - and more - just not football.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Those predictions weren't from Elon fans, but rather SoCon fans.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
shukcb04 wrote:...and I don't really give a crap if i'm not part of your elitist cult (which i'd rather not be part of your greater than thou elitism), the truth is the truth rather it's me saying it or one of your cult members saying it.
WOW!

You totally misinterpreted what I said and exposed your true feelings at the same time. Brilliant!

All I was saying is that we're a group of people that, by and large, actually know each other so we can get away with being critical of OUR team and each other as fans. We can get away with it on a totally different level than an outsider can. You don't know us and you're not a fan of our team, so you don't get to be critical and bossy of us in the same way. It's not an insult, dude. It's just a social observation.

Good to know what you really think, though.
Last edited by El Scorcho on September 16th, 2007, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
So... good one Shuk...

A double-overtime loss filled with questionable calls AT William and Mary...

A program obviously far improved...

31 votes in the national poll a just a week ago...

And LU hasn't earned respect after we fired our coach less than 2 years ago? This is Rocco's 3rd game of his 2nd season... surely you have respect for what we've done and with any foresight at all you'd have to say LU is on the right track. To give no credit is just to be ignorant. To give no credit and come on our board to proclaim your ignorance is childish.

I enjoy a good debate or even having opposing fans talking trash from time to time... but you have nothing to do with our program. You're from a D-3 school up the road but you keep getting on our board. I'm not sure if you've sat down and thought about how you're presenting yourself but it's pretty lame. Does LC have a sports board? Go play on there... or if they don't have one... go make one.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
shukcb04 wrote:
PAmedic wrote: when they start playing real sports he can comment on here about DI athletics (sorry FUMBLE, no offense to your kid )
so LU only plays one real sport then? we sponsor all the same sports as LU - and more - just not football.
I apologize- let me make this clear: NCAA DIVISION I SPORTS. Not glorified rec league.
By shukcb04
Registration Days Posts
thanks bjwilliams! i'll take the success of LC athletics programs every day of the week - although both basketball teams can be improved a lot (and golf and tennis, but I don't care about those sports rather it's LC's level or the pro level). it's fun to watch, it's competitive, there's a lot of good athletes, we graduate athletes, D3 is focused on the athlete and not the fan, and we don't have the stupid media to deal with all the time.
By shukcb04
Registration Days Posts
TallyW wrote:A double-overtime loss filled with questionable calls AT William and Mary...
and they could ahve won the game if they had played defense...
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
shukcb04 wrote:
TallyW wrote:A double-overtime loss filled with questionable calls AT William and Mary...
work on 1st grade spelling and then get back to us, hotshot

I can continue all night- keep bringing it kiddo 8)
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
shukcb04 wrote:
And your kids could earn scholarships if they were better.

Well, all of em except for that Taylor kid. He should be playing here, we just used to have a horrible coach.
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:
shukcb04 wrote:
And your kids could earn scholarships if they were better.

Well, all of em except for that Taylor kid. He should be playing here, we just used to have a horrible coach.
:popcorn - i know its wrong but im from the north, so excuse me while i watch our friend shuk bury himself in ignorance time and time again.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Ok, I lied, now Elon fans are predicting 14+ point victories, saying they'll be able to score at will on us.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
yeah, i mean the W&M offense isn't respected or anything. and also the fact the scored 41 points doesn't mean anything. personally, i think it will be the other way around. we will score at will on them. its just a matter of our defense stopping them
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
The W&M offense is the best offense in the country.
Last edited by SuperJon on September 16th, 2007, 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Ok, I lied, now Elon fans are predicting 14+ point victories, saying they'll be able to score at will on us.
That does it...

I'm coming with you to the game, I don't care if I have to drive down there by myself.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:The VMI offense is the best offense in the country.

Yeah, VMI could score at will on any SEC school.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:The VMI offense is the best offense in the country.
ok, now you're being ridiculous 8)
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Shutup. I'm tired, I didn't sleep much. Screw you all. You knew what I meant.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
its ok big fella
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
We arent over the hump where we are deserving respect.

We now dont get mentioned in the same breath as Savannah State, so Im happy with that. If we learn to win, well get respected. How many people respect the Buffalo Bills of the early 90's? Not as many as those who feared the Cowboys. Why? They won the big game.
Future Schedules.... Again

We should offer to go to Northwestern 25 and[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

It's official Josh Smith has signed. [https://lib[…]

Athens Regional

I don’t know how to take that!

NCAA Realignment Megathread

In the FCS world, Richmond is moving their footb[…]