Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
he was with his wife right?
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:
JDUB wrote:i think some of the heat brock is getting needs redirected to coaching/playcalling. they were getting plays from the sidelines. idk whose call it was to throw 3 yard passes on 3rd and 8, but i'm just saying its possible its not all brock. and i agree with manson everyone makes mistakes, but there was just a lot of bad decision making.

and i WILL NOT be nice to the defense. they gave up 48 points. that is bad. thats nice that they stopped them a couple of big times. thats not enough. 48 points.
the W&M offense had their way with our defense today
Thank you, we don't know that's out of his range because we only threw one pass the whole night longer than 10 yards and that was in the 4th quarter.

Yes our defense was bad 90% of the game, but without that 10% we don't have a chance. I was very dissapointed in them, but they did step up when they HAD to.
If youre referring to the play that was like 3rd and 13 that reciever was the only one short, Brock didnt wait for the play to develop.

Actually he threw one in the beginning, a 3rd down in the redzone in the first quarter where he missed Wynton.
Im feeling it was more Brock being impatient, everytime hed have 3rd down short pass Rocco would be yellin at him afterward.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
Get off Hicks.....a bad play, so what?? That penalty in all honesty NEVER would have been called on any other team....period, end of discussion. The spot, I don't give an eff, the refs screwed us over.......and Dickerson not holding on to that ball in the first overtime really lost us the game too....I am just ticked we lost/ also from UNC losing to UVA
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Hicks one bad play? He's cost us four scores this season. He is solely responsible for 24 points this year.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Josh, I love ya, but you're just flat wrong. You didn't see the game.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens wrote:Get off Hicks.....a bad play, so what?? That penalty in all honesty NEVER would have been called on any other team....period, end of discussion. The spot, I don't give an eff, the refs screwed us over.......and Dickerson not holding on to that ball in the first overtime really lost us the game too....I am just ticked we lost/ also from UNC losing to UVA
wow. hicks is terrible. he doesn't represent LU well at all. he runs his mouth the whole game, doesn't back up what he says with his play, and gets penalties like crazy for running his mouth. oh yeah, and then theres the 24 points he's cost us. yeah, we neeed to get off him. thats no big deal at all
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
I had eyes there.....I am referring to the one play at halftime....Was that called on Hicks??? If it wasn't called on Hicks, I forfeit my judgement, but if it was called on him, I keep my stand and I will assume I am right
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens wrote:I had eyes there.....I am referring to the one play at halftime....Was that called on Hicks??? If it wasn't called on Hicks, I forfeit my judgement, but if it was called on him, I keep my stand and I will assume I am right
even though that was his fault, lets forget that play.

i still say throw him off the team. he still cost us 17 points. still unacceptable.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Yes, that was called on Hicks. He was also called for pass interference in the first half where he didn't even play the ball and basically tackled the receiver as he was catching it. Then he gets called for an unsportsmanlike on a 3rd down giving them a score. Then he gets pulled because he's a complete (word edited due to overzealous RAs like Jared Stillings from Dorm 23-3) and Donald Manns gets burned for a touchdown.

Kent Hicks does not represent LU football at all. He's the complete opposite. I have not heard a single person say a positive thing about him. Ever.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
i wasn't too excited about him at the spring game when i first realized what he was all about, but i decided to wait it out before i made a judgement. last night was it for me. he got his second chance. he doesn't play the ball, he runs his mouth too much, he costs us too many penalties, and he needs to get on a bus to blacksburg
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
I would bench him one game.....but that one play (refs) and a couple of others cost us the game.....I blame the refs b/c they did determine the game Hicks is still the most athletic player on our team, and talking trash happens at every big time school....I guess playing for D1A did that to him.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
at big schools the players back it up. at big schools the players know when to stop and dont get stupid penalties for running there mouths all the time. he thinks he's better than he is. he thinks he's big time. evidently he isnt, cause he aint at VT no more
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
zach T. is the most athletic person on our team.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
JDUB wrote:at big schools the players back it up. at big schools the players know when to stop and dont get stupid penalties for running there mouths all the time. he thinks he's better than he is. he thinks he's big time. evidently he isnt, cause he aint at VT no more
I think that someone from MIchigan got called for that exact same penalty yesterday as did UNC
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
does that same person get called over and over for it? because, im pretty sure that most coaches dont like it when players get 15 yard unsportsman like penalties on a regular basis.

oh, and unc isn't really a big time football school by the way :D
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Josh, you're just wrong. Refs let you talk trash, but when you get up and showboat as much as him, you deserve to get flagged. He's the reason for 24 points being scored on us. He ran his mouth in the spring game. He ran his mouth in every game this year. He basically tackled a guy while he was in pass coverage. He played the guy, not the ball on the pass interference call (if Rocketfan says he was there, I believe him).

Kent Hicks is a VT football player. He is not a Liberty football player. There's a reason he didn't play any at Tech.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
I still think Hicks is a good fit....you need a cocky SOB every once in a while.....
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
JDUB wrote:
oh, and unc isn't really a big time football school by the way :D
when is duke starting a football team
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens wrote:I still think Hicks is a good fit....you need a cocky SOB every once in a while.....
Cocky is ok sometimes. Arrogance and being an all-around jack*** is not.

We really need someone who's going to get unsportsmanlike penalties on 3rd downs in the red zone on our team. Yup. Just the type of player I want.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
So what, last night I am sure the refs were looking for anything to use against LU.....I turned off edwards cause he sounded like every call was against LU....I am only speaking of the plays that REFS influenced
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
talk to you later guys, I have LSAT crap to do
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
dude, the ref didn't influence that. he had both hands on the guy and shoved him. any ref in the country would call that on any team
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Hicks ran his mouth to the crowd at the f'ing spring game!! I can only imagine what he does out on the field...he may be halfway talented, but he ruins it with his crap

KICK HICKS OFF THE TEAM NOW!

not that I have an opinion on this matter or anything
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
none of us are opinionated
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens wrote:\that one play (refs) and a couple of others cost us the game.....I blame the refs b/c they did determine the game.
the game wasn't decided by the referees. No game is ever decided by just one play or the refs.

The referees may certainly have erred, but the loss is not theirs. If Brock had not thrown a single interception, if we had not had any blown coverages in our passing D, if Pat Dickerson had caught that interception, if, if, if, etc., etc. The point is, we made many, many more mistakes tonight than the stripes did, and this loss is not on them. When players and teams begin routinely playing perfect games, in any sport, then - and only then - may we begin blaming referees for losses.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]