Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
JDUB wrote:i have no idea how you guys made a 3 hour trip with krispy kreme in the car and still had 3 left. i can eat a dozen an hour.
I slept half of the way, which means he drove half of the way, and the dounts were on the floor under the passangers seat. (In a box/bag)

and apparently I snored horribly.
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
JDUB wrote:i have no idea how you guys made a 3 hour trip with krispy kreme in the car and still had 3 left. i can eat a dozen an hour.
When we made the switch I forgot to bring the donuts with me, so the were under Leo while he was snoring louder than his base playing bonecrusher
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:
It takes you that long?
if i'm going steady for several hours yes. if its just a dozen donuts, shoot no. like 5 minutes. as fast as i can swallow them and down them with milk
By KaplanKrazies
Registration Days Posts
A friend of mine ate 35 donuts in a week at the beach.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
A week? Dude, 35 in a week is nothing.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
give them a break, jon. there not from nc so they don't know how we do. 35 a day is something.. of an average for a vacation
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Good point.
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
Brock went 67% passing..... for 5.5 yards
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
We will learn to win the close ones at some point and also learn not to shoot ourselves in the foot. When that happens we will have arrived. This one could have been a W if we don't stop ourselves. That said I was impressed we continued to fight and even though the QB play was spotty the sign of a true leader is to get back off the turf and lead your team right back down the field. He did that last night.

Our playoff chances are slim (unless we run the table including Toledo) but I saw hope for coming years. We just need to learn how to win. That takes time and a few heartbreaks...
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
yeah so anyway back to krispy kreme...
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I have to think happy thoughts.

Krispy Kreme makes me happy.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
too bad we dont have one in lburg
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
Liberty Passing
C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT
B. Smith 25/37 203 5.5 2 2

William & Mary Passing
C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT
J. Phillips 20/28 335 12.0 3 0
M. Potts 1/2 18 9.0 0 0

Liberty Rushing
CAR YDS AVG TD LG
R. Jennings 28 114 4.1 2 0
Z. Terrell 7 58 8.3 1 0
B. Smith 1 7 7.0 0 0
W. Jackson 1 3 3.0 0 0

Team 37 182 4.9 0 0

William & Mary Rushing
CAR YDS AVG TD LG
D. Holmes 23 96 4.2 2 0
T. Viola 15 57 3.8 0 0
J. Phillips 9 19 2.1 1 0

Team 48 171 3.6 0 0

Liberty Receiving
REC YDS AVG TD LG
B. Turner 8 55 6.9 0 0
J. Crawford 5 50 10.0 0 0
W. Jackson 4 41 10.3 0 0
D. Bolden 4 35 8.8 1 0
R. Jennings 3 14 4.7 1 0
C. Luck 1 8 8.0 0 0

Team 25 203 8.1 2 0

William & Mary Receiving
REC YDS AVG TD LG
A. Atchison 6 103 17.2 1 0
E. Mack 5 71 14.2 1 0
C. Dohse 2 67 33.5 1 0
R. Archer 3 56 18.7 0 0
R. Varno 1 20 20.0 0 0
J. Nicholas 1 17 17.0 0 0
T. Viola 2 14 7.0 0 0
G. Falbo 1 5 5.0 0 0

Team 21 358 17.0 3 0

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=272582729[/b]
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:It was Hicks? Are you serious? Please tell me you're joking. For the sake of me not wanting to go to jail, tell me it was not Kent Hicks.
It was hicks....proto and i saw it and our jaws dropped.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Bryan, stop it. You're not allowed to post that stuff.

Rocketfan, I completely forgot you were going since you didn't go with us.

Kent Hicks is responsible for three scores this year because of penalties.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
It's not Brock's fault that his passing average was 5.5. If every pass play thrown is a slant or a screen or an out. That's what it will be. Say all you want about him not being able to throw the ball down the field, but how do we know? You have to test the defense on a deep pass. All the negativity about Brock, what about the great poise he showed on the 2 pt conversion? Or that whole last drive after he threw that interception? I'm not saying he's perfect, or he's even all-conference. He's not. But he put us in a position to win. He made mistakes. Rashad made mistakes. The OL made mistakes. Receivers made mistakes. The whole defense made mistakes. The coaches made mistakes. Get the point?

Also, someone said somewhere about the defense not making stops when they had to. Well, they did hold W&M to a FG late in the 4th where if they got a touchdown the game was over. They also stopped W&M after the Brock INT, to give our offense another chance. I know the defense let W&M go up and down the field all night, but they did stop them those few times to give us a chance to win.

As far as Zach, I was wondering the same thing. Where was he all night?
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
Brock didnt hit anyone over ten yards

Why would we run anything past his range?
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Bryan, stop it. You're not allowed to post that stuff.

Rocketfan, I completely forgot you were going since you didn't go with us.

Kent Hicks is responsible for three scores this year because of penalties.
Yeah proto and i stood right under the coaches box.....interesting to see the game and hear some of the perspective from them......
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:It's not Brock's fault that his passing average was 5.5. If every pass play thrown is a slant or a screen or an out. That's what it will be. Say all you want about him not being able to throw the ball down the field, but how do we know? You have to test the defense on a deep pass. All the negativity about Brock, what about the great poise he showed on the 2 pt conversion? Or that whole last drive after he threw that interception? I'm not saying he's perfect, or he's even all-conference. He's not. But he put us in a position to win. He made mistakes. Rashad made mistakes. The OL made mistakes. Receivers made mistakes. The whole defense made mistakes. The coaches made mistakes. Get the point?

Also, someone said somewhere about the defense not making stops when they had to. Well, they did hold W&M to a FG late in the 4th where if they got a touchdown the game was over. They also stopped W&M after the Brock INT, to give our offense another chance. I know the defense let W&M go up and down the field all night, but they did stop them those few times to give us a chance to win.

As far as Zach, I was wondering the same thing. Where was he all night?
As far as the two point conversion, he barely had to move because the protection was amazing and Zach had no one with 4 yards of him. So that job wasn't to hard. We found a soft spot in the W&M zone late with over the middle stuff, which is really why we were able to move the ball. Also splitting us out 5 wide spread them pretty thin....

Can some else help me to understand why we EVER run this setup.....we split Rashad out as a wide reciever a lot last night, but both sides knew he wasn't going to get the ball. So why don't we put Crawford or Zach out there as an actual threat instead?
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
i think some of the heat brock is getting needs redirected to coaching/playcalling. they were getting plays from the sidelines. idk whose call it was to throw 3 yard passes on 3rd and 8, but i'm just saying its possible its not all brock. and i agree with manson everyone makes mistakes, but there was just a lot of bad decision making.

and i WILL NOT be nice to the defense. they gave up 48 points. that is bad. thats nice that they stopped them a couple of big times. thats not enough. 48 points.
the W&M offense had their way with our defense today
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
JDUB wrote:i think some of the heat brock is getting needs redirected to coaching/playcalling. they were getting plays from the sidelines. idk whose call it was to throw 3 yard passes on 3rd and 8, but i'm just saying its possible its not all brock. and i agree with manson everyone makes mistakes, but there was just a lot of bad decision making.

and i WILL NOT be nice to the defense. they gave up 48 points. that is bad. thats nice that they stopped them a couple of big times. thats not enough. 48 points.
im holding out judgement on our defense for one week. I want to see how many points W&M can put on on VT next week. I will they judge our performance in regulation a bit more.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
JDUB wrote:i think some of the heat brock is getting needs redirected to coaching/playcalling. they were getting plays from the sidelines. idk whose call it was to throw 3 yard passes on 3rd and 8, but i'm just saying its possible its not all brock. and i agree with manson everyone makes mistakes, but there was just a lot of bad decision making.

Thank you, we don't know that's out of his range because we only threw one pass the whole night longer than 10 yards and that was in the 4th quarter.

Yes our defense was bad 90% of the game, but without that 10% we don't have a chance. I was very dissapointed in them, but they did step up when they HAD to.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
hey tallyw where were you sitting? i think i was behind you.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
you were
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]