Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By KaplanKrazies
Registration Days Posts
Why would you travel several hours to a game and not even know how much the tickets cost?

Great planning there.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I know you're just kidding, but it's crazy. I spent $50 on this trip. There's no reason their tickets should be $23. It's not like they were close to selling out. If the tickets are $23, they should at least have like a student discount for $15, which, for all of the people I asked, they didn't, and I asked four or five people. It's just hard for students to travel if we're paying that much every game.

Oh yea, and I didn't even have to pay for gas (thanks Scorcho). Had we had to do that it woulda been up in the $60-70 range.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
Love for your team.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
KaplanKrazies wrote:Why would you travel several hours to a game and not even know how much the tickets cost?

Great planning there.
Because most people assume tickets are going to be in the $10-15 range because that's what every other team in the country charges for I-AA football. I've never had to pay more than $15 for a I-AA game until last night.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
i just woke up. decided not to post last night cause i was too mad. i'm still mad, so i'm gonna try to keep this nice.

1. $23 dollar tickets is friggin ridiculous.
2. the trip was fun.
3. our playcalling sucked
4. why did we not blitz at ALL??? the qb had all day to throw everytime. i guess he did find the open man
5. can we not run the ball anywhere but to the left with rashad?
6. ok, someone explain this. zach terrell did great the last two weeks, he comes in and has two great runs, then he doesn't touch the ball again until the 4th. i agree, rashad is good, but i honestly think zach is better. why can we not balance them out and use them both??? split backs? shotgun with 2RB? something.
7. one of my biggest problems is not doing what works. zach runs successfully, then we don't see him again. we run nickel defense, get a couple good stops, then go back to 3-4. if it aint broke don't fix it.
8. if nickel works use it. our defense sucked. we need to freakin blitz more. i didn't see an inside linebacker blitz once all night long. not even once.
9. brock.... gotta make better decisions. i'm still behind you, but ya gotta do better. the 4th quarter was good. besides that... your killin us
10. like the new kickers
11. gonna stay outa the ref thing, even though i know it was a bad call based on video. but kudos to rocco for chasing the refs all over the field yelling his head off. i'm glad you stood up for the team.
12. i love jeff barber

*edit* add a 13. kent freakin hicks. transfer please. thats all i can say right now. you are not LU material, and you are hurtin us bad with your self-centered attitude
Last edited by JDUB on September 16th, 2007, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
23 is alot, period

Yes its dumb to not check on that

The only good deal we got was 6 Krispy Kremes for 2 bucks
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
And didn't share.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
Jeff Barber is the stinkin' man.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
i knew how much they would be. that doesn't make it ok for it to be that much. thats probably why there stadium is full of quiet old people. there the only ones who are willing to pay that much.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:And didn't share.
He STILL isn't sharing.

He has like 3 more, and he won't give me one!

He left them in MY car, I think there should be some sort of storage tax.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
How do you not eat them all at one time? It's Krispy friggin Kreme. Ok, I'm from their hometown, but still.

On behalf of my entire car, thank you for not giving me one. That could've resulted in more gas station-esque results, and nobody wanted that, even though it was hilarious.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I thought Krispy Kreme started in California????

EDIT! Just looked it up....where in the world did I get California???
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:
KaplanKrazies wrote:There was a sketchy pass interference play on the last drive you guys scored on. Refs didn't really seem all that terrible to me, save maybe one or 2 calls :?
One of them being that horrendous Interference call on the jump ball (Hail Mary) at the end of the first half.

never seen one called in that situation, when 12 guys are in there going for it.

gotta admit, that was a little iffy.

but, AGAIN- it should never come down to one or two plays. Your TE and QB flat out beat us like their red-headed stepchild.

PS: had your team lost, I'm thinking you may have a different opinions of the officiating 8) :lol:
Medic i was there, this wasn't a bad call. Hicks started pushing the wideout before the ball was even in the air. It was just arrogant of him not to play the ball and instead play the reciever.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
because Hicks is an idiot....

why is he on the team still???
By KaplanKrazies
Registration Days Posts
ToTheLeft wrote:
He STILL isn't sharing.

What is stopping you from walking to your car and eating them, right now???
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
It was Hicks? Are you serious? Please tell me you're joking. For the sake of me not wanting to go to jail, tell me it was not Kent Hicks.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
either way, hicks needs to be kicked off...I was holding off all of this, but it seems the more and more I talk and think about it, its time for him to go....
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
ok. i'm refraining from putting my true thoughts here, so this is the LU way edited version. kent hicks needs to be gone tomorrow.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
KaplanKrazies wrote:
ToTheLeft wrote:
He STILL isn't sharing.

What is stopping you from walking to your car and eating them, right now???
I forgot they were there before he asked me for my keys.

And he did share.

He's a great guy. Either that or he felt guilty. :P
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
He's the same way in class.

(This board is too busy. I was talking about Hicks in this post, not schfourteenteen)
Last edited by SuperJon on September 16th, 2007, 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
Okay I shared okay?

Leo is too lazy to walk 1/4 mile to eat a donut

And he would have gotten all three but I ate two on the way back
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
i have no idea how you guys made a 3 hour trip with krispy kreme in the car and still had 3 left. i can eat a dozen an hour.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
Schfourteenteen wrote:Okay I shared okay?

Leo is too lazy to walk 1/4 mile to eat a donut

And he would have gotten all three but I ate two on the way back
Well, the kind of person who would walk 1/4 of a mile is NOT the kind of person who would want a donut!

:P
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
JDUB wrote:i have no idea how you guys made a 3 hour trip with krispy kreme in the car and still had 3 left. i can eat a dozen an hour.
It takes you that long?
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
Kent Hicks is on the team only because We havent recruited CB well the past two years...

The 1st play Don Manns went in he tripped and 30 yards later...
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]