Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Bring all the vitriol and scathing diatribes here.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
bottom line- we didn't play well enough, early enough, to win.

From what I could hear, via internet:

Defensively- we had too many breakdowns in pass coverage, we didn't BEGIN to stop their TE, and we had WAY too many missed tackles. We never seemed to make the adjusments we needed to- unless they were just THAT good.

Offensively- not awful. Brock made it happen at the end, and over all he had a decent night (haven't seen any stats yet) but that INT was a killer. Rushing- stout, as always.

Special teams- decent, again. Great kick returns, and a forced fumble (?) - though it seems if we don't force at least 3 t/o' we pay for it eventually.
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
Just thought I'd post it here too:

Courtesy of lifeofalunatic:

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
whmatthews wrote:Just thought I'd post it here too:

Courtesy of lifeofalunatic:

<del>not coming up, WH</del>

fixed , obviously
Last edited by PAmedic on September 16th, 2007, 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Brock showed new poise and solid improvement. He led us back, even after throwing that late INT, and accepted the load the coaches put on his shoulders to get us back into the game. Going to the pass surprised me a lot, but it worked! Great job, buddy...

Rashad was beastly! Fantastic performance...

The defense was pretty bad all night. We cannot tackle, and our DB's cannot catch. Something about our zone packages was just awful all night. The TE seam routes were open waaaay too often.

Props to all the guys for never giving up, and even in defeat, making us proud!

Side note: would really, REALLY like to see this series continue...
By bozlady
Registration Days Posts
i love it!!
By auntie ann
Registration Days Posts
yes see the series continue, with new officials...
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
agree on really wanting to get another shot at these guys.

like I said in the game thread- the game always seems to be a heartbreaker- just wish it was theirs, for once. :evil:
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Very disappointed about this lose. Need a win next week at Elon. I guess we will find out how good or bad this W & M team really is.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Stevev wrote:Very disappointed about this lose. Need a win next week at Elon. I guess we will find out how good or bad this W & M team really is.
I think the Tribe will have a good year this year- better than anyone predicted for them

if not- we are much worse than we predicted- and I'm not ready to concede that point.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:
Stevev wrote:Very disappointed about this lose. Need a win next week at Elon. I guess we will find out how good or bad this W & M team really is.
I think the Tribe will have a good year this year- better than anyone predicted for them

if not- we are much worse than we predicted- and I'm not ready to concede that point.
Way to be medic! I'm proud of you!!
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
We need to beat Elon next week that is for sure. Maybe Toledo is winnable.

We might be a bit overhyped thanks to the 1A transfers
Last edited by Stevev on September 15th, 2007, 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By auntie ann
Registration Days Posts
I think w and m is a good team, fir once we cant put this one on the offense, the defense was definiately the leaker wink, but I do not think the refs were going to let us win no matter what.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
PAmedic wrote:

drop it, will ya?

I'm no freakin' pollyanna, alright?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:
JK37 wrote:
PAmedic wrote: I think the Tribe will have a good year this year- better than anyone predicted for them

drop it, will ya?

I'm no freakin' pollyanna, alright?

I was being very genuine there, buddy. I know you're as die-hard committed to LU as anyone. We're all frustrated. No hard feelings at all...
By flafan
Registration Days Posts
the game wasn't decided there. No game is ever decided by just one play.

Exactly my point, the game was not decided by just one play. Sure, both teams made mistakes, and can look back at the 'what ifs'. There were many plays on both sides of the ball that could have changed the game, but the game played out just the way it did. But if the radio announcers were right, the game was decided right there by the refs on a poor call. It's one of those times you feel like the officials took the game out of the hands of the players. And that would be true if the call was made and WM had the ball. Bad call...LAST PLAY OF THE GAME...GAME OVER!
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Even though the refs screwed up big time twice (the other one being right before the 1st half) I think the game was lost on our inablility to pressure Phillips and the crucial penalties in the red zone which stopped would be touchdowns.
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
The Defense was very disappointing all night from what I could hear.
The Int in the ez was a killer! The refs were brutal but not the reason for the loss.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Stevev wrote:Even though the refs screwed up big time twice (the other one being right before the 1st half) I think the game was lost on our inablility to pressure Phillips and the crucial penalties in the red zone which stopped would be touchdowns.
great points. I can't say on the 1st half interference call in the EZ, but the other penalties in the red zone on our offensive line were poor mistakes. Plus, Kent Hicks has some real issues that must be dealt with promptly and swiftly. An unsportsmanlike on a cornerback in the red zone once is unexcusable, but this makes twice that his mouth has given an opposing offense new life...
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Stevev wrote:Even though the refs screwed up big time twice (the other one being right before the 1st half) I think the game was lost on our inablility to pressure Phillips and the crucial penalties in the red zone which stopped would be touchdowns.
YES
Knucklehead wrote:The Defense was very disappointing all night from what I could hear.
The Int in the ez was a killer! The refs were brutal but not the reason for the loss.
and... YES
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
A poised team should never put the game in the hands of <del>cheating zebras.</del> the referees.
By magnolialeague
Registration Days Posts
I thought you fellas played very well. It could have been your game. W&M was flagged twice to help Liberty continue drives which led to points.

From where I sat, I thought W&M enjoyed homecooking. A friend of mine at field level said W&M did get the first down and the Liberty was stopped. I saw them both the other way, but my angle would have skewed the perception.

I can tell you this. On both major spots, the W&M 4th down and the Liberty 4th down, both referees were in disagreement that had the other had the ball tossed to him instead of the other, it would have gone Liberty's way.

Very impressed by Liberty's offense. Here's is the good news for you. You move on to play Elon. We are going into VA Tech. What the heck were we thinking?
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
sounds like Coastal had a bad call go against them as well- and same results.

L: 42-34 (at their place, on top of it all)

not a good night in the BSOUTH
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
magnolialeague wrote:I thought you fellas played very well. It could have been your game. W&M was flagged twice to help Liberty continue drives which led to points.

From where I sat, I thought W&M enjoyed homecooking. A friend of mine at field level said W&M did get the first down and the Liberty was stopped. I saw them both the other way, but my angle would have skewed the perception.

I can tell you this. On both major spots, the W&M 4th down and the Liberty 4th down, both referees were in disagreement that had the other had the ball tossed to him instead of the other, it would have gone Liberty's way.

Very impressed by Liberty's offense. Here's is the good news for you. You move on to play Elon. We are going into VA Tech. What the heck were we thinking?
appreciate that.

whats the feeling over at your place about continuing the series?

Over here, I'm pretty sure we'd ALL like to see more of it
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]