Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
whmatthews wrote:So does TwoFeathers and Kaplan Krazies come on here and be jerks or will they agree that the ref screwed us.
very interesting question! will be fun to see...
By flafan
Registration Days Posts
JK you know everyone says things in the heat of the moment. Nobody on here gave up on the Flames tonight.

It's just guys letting off steam.
By bozlady
Registration Days Posts
what's the refs last name??? Donaghy?
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:
whmatthews wrote:So does TwoFeathers and Kaplan Krazies come on here and be jerks or will they agree that the ref screwed us.
doubt they'll agree. but we'll look like babies clinging to that theory.
I know we can't blame refs for everything... our D didn't show up... but I doubt they'll be honest about what happened.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
flafan wrote:JK you know everyone says things in the heat of the moment. Nobody on here gave up on the Flames tonight.

never justified, slightly embarassing
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Alright, I'm gonna go beat my dog and go to bed. This is the type of thing that chaps me for a few years.
By auntie ann
Registration Days Posts
rotten, rotten, rotten... This is a travesty.........................What can be done about this..........................................................................Auntie Ann
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Im so mad I could cuss like a ship full of sailors (heck I would have if I was there at the game)
By Flamesfanva
Registration Days Posts
I have never heard Jerry Edwards so upset, but he's right.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
You know Pat Dickerson is gonna take this one the hardest because he had a chance to end this game in the first OT
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
I put my kids to bed and I miss everything. What a hose job.
By flafan
Registration Days Posts
No game should ever be decided by the refs in that fashion.

It certainly makes you think what would have happened if WM had the ball instead of Liberty. Would it have been a first down without the sticks coming out.

Just frustrating. Can't imagine how the coaches and players feel right now.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:"These guys thought we were going to win the football game." - Coach Rocco

That means, all you "fans", that they didn't give up at halftime, nor when down 11 a couple of times in the second half. That's all I'm going to say...
Rose

Colored

Glasses.

we didn't play well enough to win all night. Like coach said- it doesn't come down to one play.

we didn't stop them ALL NIGHT, the fact that we made a late, great charge doesn't change that fact.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
flafan wrote:JK you know everyone says things in the heat of the moment. Nobody on here gave up on the Flames tonight.

never justified, slightly embarassing
then don't read my posts.

I'm going to stop now- before I reply with something I shouldn't.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
flafan wrote:No game should ever be decided by the refs in that fashion.

It certainly makes you think what would have happened if WM had the ball instead of Liberty. Would it have been a first down without the sticks coming out.

the game wasn't decided there. No game is ever decided by just one play.

The referees may certainly have erred, but the loss is not theirs. If Brock had not thrown a single interception, if we had not had any blown coverages in our passing D, if Pat Dickerson had caught that interception, if, if, if, etc., etc. The point is, we made many, many more mistakes tonight than the stripes did, and this loss is not on them. When players and teams begin routinely playing perfect games, in any sport, then - and only then - may we begin blaming referees for losses.

In my opinion, the loss is not on anyone...great game, guys!
By shukcb04
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
flafan wrote:No game should ever be decided by the refs in that fashion.

the game wasn't decided there. No game is ever decided by just one play.

The referees may certainly have erred, but the loss is not theirs. If Brock had not thrown a single interception, if we had not had any blown coverages in our passing D, if Pat Dickerson had caught that interception, if, if, if, etc., etc. The point is, we made many, many more mistakes tonight than the stripes did, and this loss is not on them. When players and teams begin routinely playing perfect games, in any sport, then - and only then - may we begin blaming referees for losses.

In my opinion, the loss is not on anyone...great game, guys!
finally a voice of reason. you CAN'T blame this loss on the refs. the flaems gave up 34 POINTS IN REGULATION, maybe if the D steps it up a notch then you actually win in regulation...
By auntie ann
Registration Days Posts
I cannot see straight so mad, the end of the first half with the field goal, and the end of the game, I am sorry I would not havetaken the high road, I would have taken im really madroad.. One thing to lose, but to be cheated is another story.....AA
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
auntie ann wrote:I cannot see straight so mad, the end of the first half with the field goal, and the end of the game, I am sorry I would not havetaken the high road, I would have taken im really madroad.. One thing to lose, but to be cheated is another story.....AA
Were you really there, auntie ann? Please tell us about that spot. We're all dying to know from someone who was actually there what it looked like from where you were...
By auntie ann
Registration Days Posts
no I am waiting to hear from Brock, I wasnt at the game but I trust when the william and mary fans did not cheer that Rashad made it. AND jamie was on the sideline, and was sure he made it. I feel even more frustrated with the end of the first half debacle, that was enough to have me fired up, I think in all the years I have watched football, I have never seen a team so clearly robbed of a game. I wish this game was televised nationally, they would be talking about it all weekend.. But it will just go away quietly and to me that makes me mad. I know you guys are nicer fellows than me, and think it was great that Rocco took the high road.. Sorry I think he should be contacting the commissioner immediately....
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
auntie ann wrote: I think he should be contacting the commissioner immediately....
I agree with that. I think we were saying it was good he took the high road publicly. He needs to do that for the pride of the team and the school. But, yes, I'm sure the tape will be thoroughly reviewed. The only hesitation may be that it was a CAA crew. I have no idea if they will listen...
By magnolialeague
Registration Days Posts
Rocco was livid on the field. At least I thought it was him. He was very animated and I thought he was going to run down an official, but he stopped to shake Laycock's hand.

If he had laser beams, he would have incinerated the line judges. Lots of emotion.

I think you have a very good coach.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts

I'm guessing he wasn't wearing this smile
By auntie ann
Registration Days Posts
Just talked to Brock, he took the high road, I think our guys were planning on the next play. He said what we all said who heard of a pass interference call on a hail Mary. Brock proves he is always kind and caring, he cheered me up, talk about a good sport. He was shocked to hear that the radio announcers were visibly upset, and made comments about the refs. like yousaid never hear Jerry get that upset.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]