Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
We didn't get into the SoCon in the mid-90's for one reason, and it wasn't our play on the field.
By anberlinrawk
Registration Days Posts
Maybe we should sell out like Notre Dame, Harvard, BC, Baylor, etc...

Then we could get a good schedule.

/sarcasm
By anberlinrawk
Registration Days Posts
I don't mean sell out in a bad way, just, they seem to not be as focus on the CHRISTIAN part of their schools heritage.

And they never had the Late Doctor Falwell, either.

Tough to sell out when the guy in charge is already sold out to the Guy In Charge...

if you get what i'm sayin'...
By KaplanKrazies
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:
KaplanKrazies wrote:Sure. Fine. We can be 3-8 against a tough I-AA schedule, you guys can be 3-5 against an easy I-AA schedule.
Or 4-4 against a decent I-AA schedule. Way to try to dog us and get your facts wrong. We played 8 I-AA games last year. We won half of em.

Tell me another school in the country that went from zero wins to four.

Also, we can't help it that 3/4 of the schools around Virginia and the mid-Atlantic region have their heads so far up their butts that they won't schedule us due to what we stand for and who founded the school.
I asked if this was correct a second ago and nobody replied.

Really, though, you didn't beat much of anybody. One okay win.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
Should be a lot of points. I am concerned about Jennings first game back - hopefully not rusty and comes out fired up. Defense hasn't done well against the short passes the first 2 games. Think we can win but not going to be easy as some of you think
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I would just like to take a moment to point out that Virginia is a Commonwealth and NOT a state.

so everyone's point of how big a win this will be is hereby null and void.

you may resume.
By Tribe4SF
Registration Days Posts
Those that know football know that this game is a tough call. The effective emergence of DJ McAuley and Courtland Marriner gave us abilities we have not had for a couple of years, but both are now out. They were able to stretch a defense because of their exceptional speed (both were sub 10.5 100 meter guys in high school), and their absence concerns me. Our young defense will have to show improvement for the Tribe to win this game.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Courtland Marriner went to high school with a good friend of mine back in Chesapeake.
By Tribe4SF
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Courtland Marriner went to high school with a good friend of mine back in Chesapeake.
Then he knows that Courtland is not only an exceptional athlete, but an exceptional person.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Tribe4SF wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Courtland Marriner went to high school with a good friend of mine back in Chesapeake.
Then he knows that Courtland is not only an exceptional athlete, but an exceptional person.
That he does...he had nothing but good things to say about him. My friend works as a painter now but he is hoping to get to school himself before too long
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]