Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
shukcb04 wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:
shukcb04 wrote: or field hockey and volleyball teams are pretty hot though, cross country has quite a few lookers this year, soccer is normally pretty good but they graduated a lot of good looking ones and brought in a bunch of rough looking freshman.
When you say Ugly, are you talkin' Duke Cheerleader ugly? :shock:
i dont know what the duke cheerleaders look like.
Image :lol: :lol:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I'd love for them to come over to LU and get into the game.
Picturing SJ offering free face painting to any LC co-eds who attend the game. :idea:
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Shuk, it's sad that I have to explain this to you.

Lacrosse players wear helmets. That means if someone isn't bless with a face like HMO's (i.e. pretty), we don't have to see it. Lacrosse players are generally athletic, and have athletic bodies, thus the reason for going.
By shukcb04
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Shuk, it's sad that I have to explain this to you.

Lacrosse players wear helmets. That means if someone isn't bless with a face like HMO's (i.e. pretty), we don't have to see it. Lacrosse players are generally athletic, and have athletic bodies, thus the reason for going.
why settle for the second rate women's lacrosse athletes when we have vast superior ones on the men's team? also, women's lacrosse doesn't have helmets. they have a catcher's mask like device that just covers the eyes. women's lacrosse doesn't allow the same type of contact as the men's game so they don't have helmets.
Last edited by shukcb04 on September 12th, 2007, 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Then we can look at the pretty ones too.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
women's lacrosse doesn't have helmets.
Maybe that explains the previous u-g-l-y comments.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:LC students don't have a team to support on Saturdays unless they go to VT or UVA. I'd love for them to come over to LU and get into the game. If we could work something out with them where LC students get in cheaper than ticket price, I'd love it. I think there should be more done between the two schools anyways. We're all the same age, but yet there's barely any interaction between the two schools.
Back in the day, there was quite a bit of interaction between the schools, just not any that one would want to speak of too loudly if you get my drift. In the 70's LC had a open/coed dorm policy and let's say that the rooms were a lot better than Treasrue Island's. Not that I know from personal experience however, that was just the rumor. :D
By shukcb04
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:
SuperJon wrote:LC students don't have a team to support on Saturdays unless they go to VT or UVA. I'd love for them to come over to LU and get into the game. If we could work something out with them where LC students get in cheaper than ticket price, I'd love it. I think there should be more done between the two schools anyways. We're all the same age, but yet there's barely any interaction between the two schools.
Back in the day, there was quite a bit of interaction between the schools, just not any that one would want to speak of too loudly if you get my drift. In the 70's LC had a open/coed dorm policy and let's say that the rooms were a lot better than Treasrue Island's. Not that I know from personal experience however, that was just the rumor. :D
what do you mean by open/co-ed? the dorms are co-ed now, for example: males on floor 1, females on floor 2, males on floor 3, etc.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
shukc I love watching men's lacrosse. sj were just commenting on the ladies over at LC. I remember 2 years ago. LC vs. LU in the snow. both benches emptied.... big fight... great times. LC needs a hockey team :D
By shukcb04
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote:shukc I love watching men's lacrosse. sj were just commenting on the ladies over at LC. I remember 2 years ago. LC vs. LU in the snow. both benches emptied.... big fight... great times. LC needs a hockey team :D
wasnt that our CLUB lacrosse team? basketball is my #1 favorite sport, but lacrosse is a very close second, love the game! helps when you attend a school with a team as good as LC's, and word on the street is that we're looking even nastier this year than in past years ;).
By FlameDad
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote:shukc I love watching men's lacrosse. sj were just commenting on the ladies over at LC. I remember 2 years ago. LC vs. LU in the snow. both benches emptied.... big fight... great times. LC needs a hockey team :D
LC has a hockey team http://www.lynchburg.edu/x8409.xml

Their practice & home ice is LaHaye (same as VMI)
By shukcb04
Registration Days Posts
FlameDad wrote:
LC has a hockey team http://www.lynchburg.edu/x8409.xml

Their practice & home ice is LaHaye (same as VMI)
It's a club hockey team, in case some of you dont click on the link. i dont really know what sort of competition they faced last year, but their record indicates that they were pretty darn good last year.
By FlameDad
Registration Days Posts
ACHA D3

Liberty fields ACHA D1 (Men's & Women's) and a Men's D2 team.

Men's ACHA D1 finished the season ranked #6 in the US.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
So anyway, football is pretty awesome. And it's pretty awesome that LC kids are interested in coming to our games. The more, the merrier.
By shukcb04
Registration Days Posts
El Scorcho wrote:So anyway, football is pretty awesome. And it's pretty awesome that LC kids are interested in coming to our games. The more, the merrier.
i'd be interested to see how many go - LC kids like football, but a lot of LC kids dont like Liberty. it seems like the SAB at LC just randomly decides what kind of events to have regardless of what the interest level is. they dont seem to do surveys or anything to engage interest in possible activities or what kinds of activities the students would like.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
shukcb04 wrote:i'd be interested to see how many go - LC kids like football, but a lot of LC kids dont like Liberty.
I agree. It'd be a shame to let a Liberty bias get in the way of just enjoying a football game, though. Might as well go if you enjoy watching the sport.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
shukcb04 wrote:
flameshaw wrote:
what do you mean by open/co-ed? the dorms are co-ed now, for example: males on floor 1, females on floor 2, males on floor 3, etc.
At least on the weekend males were allowed to spend the night in the female dorms. I was told that anyway. :D
By shukcb04
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:
shukcb04 wrote:
flameshaw wrote: Back in the day, there was quite a bit of interaction between the schools, just not any that one would want to speak of too loudly if you get my drift. In the 70's LC had a open/coed dorm policy and let's say that the rooms were a lot better than Treasrue Island's. Not that I know from personal experience however, that was just the rumor. :D
At least on the weekend males were allowed to spend the night in the female dorms. I was told that anyway. :D
hmm, never heard that. that sounds like the 70s though :P. actually arent any exclusively female dorms now, dont know if there were in the 70s though. all are co-ed with the floors have alternating genders.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Speaking of the 70's there was the odd streaker on the lacrosse field too. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]