Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Obviously it is a team effort and they share in their accomplishment not just Brock. Brock is a very important piece since it goes with the position.

Concerning my comment about No one caring about the program. I was trying to exclude those on the board period. I guess I screwed up the wording a bit. You guys are tough.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:
Schfourteenteen wrote:So which bus is Brock getting thrown under? Because if its the SFC bus with Bob Good I wouldnt worry too much about them going anywhere.

Sorry this is like being next to a couple having a bad breakup
I never use emoticons but this one needed it:

:shock: :clapping
You should. I used to loathe them, but when used correctly, they're hilarious. Same with chat acronyms.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I'll admit. It felt good. It felt weird a first but then it just felt natural.
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
So youre going to use them more often now right?
By auntie ann
Registration Days Posts
I will say one thing about Brock, he was voted by his team as one of the captains, as a true Junior, the kid just turned 20 years old, he is a really young junior.. He is one of the nicest, most humble, guys around, he is one heck of an athlete, but it takes a team, he has never ever blamed anyone else when the team fails, he takes it squarely on his shoulders, he was never a spoiled kid, and it shows. I appreciate how passionate everyone is about him, he cares deeply about Liberty football, and let us all pray that he will get from under that bus, and put it on his shoulders and help carry a team that he truley cares about.. You guys are true fans, and that is not lost on me... Auntie Ann
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
When the time calls for it.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Knucklehead wrote:So is Brock still under the bus or did he get up yet?
Just saw him a few minutes ago. He seemed to have oil and radiator fluid on his face.
By FlamingChick
Registration Days Posts
Knucklehead wrote:Stop it you're killing me! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look, Brock is the man for LU Football! So let's restart the thread by asking if you can agree with the following statement or not:

If we end the year with 10 + wins, and a Big South Championship (and a possible playoff berth) and have a "Great" year, it will be Brock's doing.
I personally would not say that 10+ wins and a Big South Championship will be Brock's "doing", since there are so many others that will need to contribute for that to happen...BUT if/WHEN it happens, I will DEFINITELY agree that Brock helped to LEAD the TEAM there.
By auntie ann
Registration Days Posts
I guess that means out from under the bus. I really believe this week is going to surprise everyone.. Auntie Ann
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
auntie ann wrote:I guess that means out from under the bus. I really believe this week is going to surprise everyone.. Auntie Ann
We ALL hope you are right. This is THE Game! Go Brock, Go Rashad, Go LU!
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
:shock: :popcorn

Come on Jon, they're fun. :D
By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
auntie ann wrote:I will say one thing about Brock, he was voted by his team as one of the captains, as a true Junior, the kid just turned 20 years old, he is a really young junior.. He is one of the nicest, most humble, guys around, he is one heck of an athlete, but it takes a team, he has never ever blamed anyone else when the team fails, he takes it squarely on his shoulders, he was never a spoiled kid, and it shows. I appreciate how passionate everyone is about him, he cares deeply about Liberty football, and let us all pray that he will get from under that bus, and put it on his shoulders and help carry a team that he truley cares about.. You guys are true fans, and that is not lost on me... Auntie Ann

While I recognize that my following comment is easy to say from my chair, but perhaps the problem, in regards to the fact that
he takes it squarely on his shoulders
is that he is unduly wearing the tortured "Clark Kent" leader complex. If I were a betting man, I bet if he just relaxed and went out and enjoyed the game like those old backyard football days (the ones all players seem to reminisce about), he'd loosen up, tap into his game intuition and the drilled in training from the coaches would take over and we'd all finally get to see the unleashed "real" Brock that all who are close to him (family and coaches) tell us about.

Just from reading his postgame comments from last year coupled with what the coaches have said after the games where he has come up emptyhanded, I have noticed that he seems to have a case of the "try too hard" complex so to speak, meaning that he seems to shifts from a more intuitive, relaxed approach evident by his success in practice (relying and trusting in his instincts sharpened by his training) to a more cerebral, filtered approach and his play appears staccato.

For lack of a better analogy (and a wordy one)...it's kind of like driving a car. Once you've been drilled ad nauseam how to drive it and spend countless hours behind the wheel, your instincts in reacting to the other drivers on the road coupled with the training recall you've recieved kick in as one unified reactive action. However, if you were, because of trying to please everyone, to overly think about all the x's and o's of signaling, looking back, shifting, clutch in, merge, maintain speed, watch that other car coming in the lane, etc., then you end up making mistakes because of overanalyzing everything (sending your Driver's Training Instructor or innocent passengers into cardiac arrest...ahem...teenage drivers...ahem :shock: .)

Trust in your instincts, skill and training and let come what may, come...because, even if one tries to overanalyze everything and overly affect the situation by trying to keep the bad stuff from happening, what's going to happen is ultmiately going to happen anyway. Better to play like your loving every minute of it instead of out of a fear of failing...and more often than not success is discovered at that point.

Hopefully, we'll see a relaxed Brock who is channeling the old backyard days of two completions equals a first down and your "momma's" clothes line was the endzone. How many League Championships, Heismans, game MVPs and gamewinning touchdowns passes were made on those overgrown fields? I suspect if he can channel those days with the training instilled in him by a very competent staff, LU football will offensively be a fun time over the coming weeks, and people will be singing Brock's praises and those of his receivers, and other contributors. (Queue 80's sports movie success montage here :wink: .)
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
RagingTireFire wrote:
Yet, here we are in Week frappin' 2 and you guys are busting the nuts off of everybody but the the trainers.
I think the trainers are doing a horrible horrible horrible job.

oh yes, and their mother was a hamster and their father smelt of elderberries.

there- now we've got the trainers covered.
By auntie ann
Registration Days Posts
I am going to tell him to pretend he is at practice, and enjoy himself, that is good advice. Hopefully everything will get on track for saturday night. So sad it will not be broadcast on the edge.. Scar I just watched the Tusc. game last night with my dad, and am looking forward to watching Ship when it is up to re-watch.. Anyone know of any broadcast places. Maybe Ill drive to a bar in VA. border, and see the game.. auntie ann
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]