Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
i see your point jon but you have to realize to the outsider or even an LU fan that a I-A transfer will get the hype deserved or not. i can appreciate your willingness to stand up for the home grown talent.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I figured one of the JMU posts was a joke but couldn't tell for sure.

As for the other ones on the board, it's typical elitist CAA posting.

Is it really an upset when the team you picked to win is receiving more votes in every major poll than the other?
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote:i see your point jon but you have to realize to the outsider or even an LU fan that a I-A transfer will get the hype deserved or not. i can appreciate your willingness to stand up for the home grown talent.
That's fine if they hype them up. I'm all for it. However, I don't want them to forgot about the home grown guys, and that's why I bring them up. I like them to get the credit they deserve as well.
By Dukie95
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:I figured one of the JMU posts was a joke but couldn't tell for sure.

Is it really an upset when the team you picked to win is receiving more votes in every major poll than the other?
No probably not, but WM is at home, and I would guess they might still be considered the favorite...but not by much.
By Dukie95
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:As for the other ones on the board, it's typical elitist CAA posting.
Keep something else in mind as you read that board... since WM has only played Delaware and VMI, and Delaware has only played WM and a DII school, neither program really has any idea how good they really are.

Delaware desparately wants WM to be successful so they can point to the WM victory as a good one. So, the comment about WM's offense is for real is another way of saying "Delaware's defense isn't that bad". Delaware fans REALLY don't want WM to lose this weekend. If WM loses, Delaware has nothing to hang their hat on.

Just keep that in mind as you read Delaware fans predictions.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Dukie95 wrote:Delaware has nothing to hang their hat on.
Even if we weren't talking about football, wouldn't that still be true? I mean, it's Delaware!

Delaware: They're no Maryland.
Last edited by El Scorcho on September 11th, 2007, 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
State moto - "Delaware: It's where you send your bills."
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Dukie95 wrote:Keep something else in mind as you read that board... since WM has only played Delaware and VMI, and Delaware has only played WM and a DII school, neither program really has any idea how good they really are.

Delaware desparately wants WM to be successful so they can point to the WM victory as a good one. So, the comment about WM's offense is for real is another way of saying "Delaware's defense isn't that bad". Delaware fans REALLY don't want WM to lose this weekend. If WM loses, Delaware has nothing to hang their hat on.

That's why I mentioned the UD gave up nearly 250 yards passing to a DII, proving that their pass defense isn't that great.
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:
Dukie95 wrote:Keep something else in mind as you read that board... since WM has only played Delaware and VMI, and Delaware has only played WM and a DII school, neither program really has any idea how good they really are.

That's why I mentioned the UD gave up nearly 250 yards passing to a DII, proving that their pass defense isn't that great.
Which is why I say it's time for Brock to step up. I think he will! Go Brock, Go LU!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
W&M has been pretty good against the pass. They gave up 202 yards in the air to Delaware and 22 to VMI. On the ground is their problem as they gave up 249 on the ground to VMI and 286 to Delaware.
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:W&M has been pretty good against the pass. They gave up 202 yards in the air to Delaware and 22 to VMI. On the ground is their problem as they gave up 249 on the ground to VMI and 286 to Delaware.
OK fine so I'm confused again. Anyway we should win this game in a close one. I think Brock should get closer to 200 yds passing, and with Rashad back we should get 200 yds rushing as well.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Don't be confused. Confusion's bad for the soul.

For us to win, we'll have to have 200+ rushing (Rashad had 183 vs them in 2 quarters and 5 minutes of the 3rd last year) and about 140-150 passing with limited turnovers.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:W&M has been pretty good against the pass. They gave up 202 yards in the air to Delaware and 22 to VMI. On the ground is their problem as they gave up 249 on the ground to VMI and 286 to Delaware.
Not any sort of criticism against you Jon, but it's worth noting:
Defensive stats against VMI really should be taken with a huge grain of salt. VMI hardly throws it at all, and they run it so much that they're bound to run for 200-plus every game. Actually, holding the Keydets to 249 yards on the ground is somewhat impressive, considering their entire scheme is running the ball.
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
Chris Lang wrote:
Defensive stats against VMI really should be taken with a huge grain of salt. VMI hardly throws it at all, and they run it so much that they're bound to run for 200-plus every game. Actually, holding the Keydets to 249 yards on the ground is somewhat impressive, considering their entire scheme is running the ball.
yes but at the same time if the opponents knows this can't they cheat pretty much everyone up to the line of scrimmage and dare you to throw? WIth consistently having everyone rush the line of scrimmage i can't see how this would be overly impressive.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Chris, I know how VMI's offense is, and was tempted to only use the UD stats but wanted to throw the others in just to give W&M a little credit on the passing.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Rocketfan wrote:
Chris Lang wrote:
yes but at the same time if the opponents knows this can't they cheat pretty much everyone up to the line of scrimmage and dare you to throw? WIth consistently having everyone rush the line of scrimmage i can't see how this would be overly impressive.
You can't defend the option this way. Even though they run, they run it in so many different ways that you can't just stuff eight in the box and plug the middle.
By KaplanKrazies
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:I figured one of the JMU posts was a joke but couldn't tell for sure.

What happened the last time you guys came to Williamsburg?

When was the last time LU beat W&M?

Simply, if you guys win it will be cause for celebration and if tribe wins it will be just another W against LU. Not a shot at your team or anything, but until you beat us you are the underdogs.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
You obviously have no clue who you're playing. The last time Liberty was in Williamsburg there was a coach that couldn't coach a varsity high school win over a middle school. Anything before 2006 is null and void.
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
KaplanKrazies wrote:

What happened the last time you guys came to Williamsburg?

When was the last time LU beat W&M?

Simply, if you guys win it will be cause for celebration and if tribe wins it will be just another W against LU. Not a shot at your team or anything, but until you beat us you are the underdogs.
No, this is underdog:
and the Tribe is going down!
By FlamingChick
Registration Days Posts
It's still a bit early in the week, but there's rain in the forecast. Might be a pretty messy night :?
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Since when? I checked earlier today and it was a high of 83 and clear. Hang on...

Weather.com's saying 30% in the day, 10% at night. I think we're good.

Actually though, let's pray for a monsoon. That'd help us.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
W&M 28 over Liberty 24 - I'm worried about this one. Those days during my freshman year when we would beat them 56-0 are over. They're a team now. But I think that with Joe Nicolaus back the O should have enough punch to get through it.
A W&M fan using their brain and not living in the past. Thank you TribeGuy. That's a legitimate prediction.

By the way, apparently I have a God complex and need a tranquilizer.

Or it could be I hate stupid people and love acting like a jerk on the internet.

Either way works.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
It's fine with me if they don't give us any respect. We don't deserve any respect. We haven't beaten anybody worth noting, last year either. Until we do, we don't deserve respect. Hopefully this weekend we take our first step towards changing that perception. We, as Liberty fans, know how good our team is and how good they can be, but to the outsider all they see is who we play and who we beat. It's time for us to step up and earn our respect. I do think that those who are predicting a blowout don't follow IAA football close enough, but I'm not surprised that they would pick themselves to win. I expect it, but it should be a close pick.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
You are right about the fact that we have not beaten anyone worthy of respect. This Saturday the opportunity to get respect is upon us. You can't think about what happened in the past. The first 2 years we played them they were far superior. Last year we were better but gave the game away to them. This year will be our time and do it right in front of their home fans and those coming on this board to give us all of this crap.

You can't look at what we have done so far this year because it is misleading (all of these offensive problems are just blown way out of perportion and I guess I am guilty of that too)and so is there win against VMI. LU is no VMI. I will be very disappointed if we happen to loose this game. Very disappointed.
By KaplanKrazies
Registration Days Posts
Stevev wrote: This year will be our time and do it right in front of their home fans and those coming on this board to give us all of this crap.
What are you talking about?
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hoc[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]