Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Schfourteenteen wrote:I was looking at the preview for the game and something caught my eye, and maybe it can be easily discarded but weve been harping on WM's rush defense, and how easy it has been to run the ball, and sometimes over look the pass defense bc they only gave up 228 in two games. Everybody knows VMI doesnt pass so this isnt a surprise.

What gets me is that Delaware went 19 of 23 passing. Does WM have that many holes on D or is it bc of how they had to play being so bad against the run?

Delaware's QB still averaged almost 9 yards pass. That's a pretty good average--normally QB's who have such high completion percentages have a considerably lower yards-per-pass. I think, if anything, it shows that W&M does have some holes in their defensive secondary.
By paulbintheburg
Registration Days
El Scorcho wrote:
paulbintheburg wrote:You guys are screwed, this is our new defensive line......

You're right. There's no way we could understand that.

Note: If registration was working on the CAA boards, I'd have posted that reply there. It looks like something in their database is hosed. I emailed the board admin. Good luck with that.
Friggin Caazone, this site is actually very user-registration friendly, I was pleasantly surprised.
By KaplanKrazies
Registration Days Posts
Paul when is the FSU game saturday? Are you tailgating all night or actually going into the stadium for a little while?
By paulbintheburg
Registration Days
KaplanKrazies wrote:Paul when is the FSU game saturday? Are you tailgating all night or actually going into the stadium for a little while?
FSU game is at 10PM on espn (playing Colorado), we'll be set up so we can watch the 3:30 games...I should have a field pass, so I'll be heading in for the 1st half...game should be over at halftime :twisted: ...... 8) ....then I'll head home and watch FSU from the hot tub, supposed to be in the upper 50's low 60's saturday night...
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote:the tribe has joined the arms race in improving their facilities. it looks like a nice building.

http://www.tribeathletics.com/story.php/4790/
That is a pretty impressive facility. Good for them.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
man, that thing is huge. One interesting note:
featuring 2,800 square foot treatment and taping area

ok :dontgetit
By KaplanKrazies
Registration Days Posts
We also have a new video scoreboard, which looks sweet. It isn't ready for live video yet but has some nice graphics and puts up a photo of the player after they make a tackle, catch, run etc.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
That new facility is great and all. I'd love to have something like that, only I think I'd need about 18,000 more square feet.
By scuzdriver
Registration Days Posts
...game should be over at halftime :

You think CU can hang that long??? I can only hope!
By paulbintheburg
Registration Days
scuzdriver wrote:...game should be over at halftime :

You think CU can hang that long??? I can only hope!
Heh.... :lol:
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
Kaplan
any hotels near the campus?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The W&M Quiz Bowl guy recommends these hotels:
For hotels I'd recommend either the Williamsburg Day's Inn or the Governor's Inn ( http://www.history.org/visit/stayWithUs/governorsInn/ ), both are fairly cheap and within walking distance of campus.
And there are also 2 KOA campgrounds in town, and that's where I'll be staying with my pop-up camper.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
thanks Jim I saw your post earlier about the KOA but all their cabins were booked
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:That new facility is great and all. I'd love to have something like that, only I think I'd need about 18,000 more square feet.
so, then it'd be similar to our FOC??
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Hey, you're catching on. I'm proud of you.

But your signature looks like crap. I applaud the effort though.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
egh. i'll fix it tomorrow. i just wanted a more up to date picture. I'll probably completely change it later
By Dukie95
Registration Days Posts
krh44 wrote:Kaplan
any hotels near the campus?
Yes, tons. It's a big tourist destination so it may be hard to find one this late, however.

In Williamsburg there are no shortages of either hotels or pancake restaurants.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
i was waiting for someone to mention their building is smaller. thanks to the instigator! :wink:
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I do what I can.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
and i appreciate it.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
but does the FOC have 2800 square feet exclusively devoted to foot care? We can only dream
Last edited by LUconn on September 13th, 2007, 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Their training room is 700 square feet more than ours. That's all.
By anberlinrawk
Registration Days Posts
El Scorcho wrote:Don't know if anyone else has noticed it yet, but Marriner (W&M's TB) is out for the game this week. He rushed for 107 and a TD against VMI.

http://www.caazone.com/boards/viewtopic ... 11&t=67870
I pray for his speedy recovery this time next week. :P
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]