Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By KaplanKrazies
Registration Days Posts
I think going I-A would be a bad choice.

It is harder to let transfers in there :lol:
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:I knew I'd find the thread from all the W&M people whining last year about transfers:

http://www.flamefans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2206
Honestly, going back and looking at those posts, I don't think anyone understood why those players transferred in. It was Rocco, plain and simple. He recruited them, they weren't playing at their respective schools and it worked out for everyone. The only questionable one in the bunch was Vince Redd who has (quite obviously to those of us who are here) turned things around completely since he's been down here.

It seems like all of those statements were just ignorance taking advantage of an opportunity to take a shot at Liberty and our former chancellor. We've certainly never encountered that before. :roll:

Having said that, it's hard to blame them for their ignorance. It's not like our program was worth keeping up with until last summer, and even then it's only garnered interest from the most dedicated I-AA followers. So, in some ways, we've partially earned said smack.
By grm
Registration Days Posts
As far as the video camera thing, I just called Bill Belichick & he said you could take them in with no problem.

Is what Lou Holtz said still true... that thing about too many Marys & not enough Williams?

(I know that saying is so old that Columbus kicked the Indians in the butt for saying it...

but.... what can I say?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
LibertyFlames.com Releases its Rocco Weekly Review Leading Into the William & Mary Game

September 14, 2007
Lynchburg, Va.

Click here to listen to today’s Rocco Weekly Review

LibertyFlames.com had a chance to speak with head coach Danny Rocco just after the conclusion of Thursday’s practice at William Stadium, the team’s final tune-up before taking on William & Mary this Saturday.
Click Here for Full Story
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
anyone know what hotels are closest to the campus?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
And here is another W&M perspective ...

Offense ready to face Flames
14 September 2007 | By Miles Hilder, Flat Hat Assoc. Sports Editor | The Flat Hat » sports

Phillips and high-powered passing game run into Liberty’s stout defense

Coming off an impressive victory on the road against Virginia Military Institute, the Tribe (1-1) will take the field Saturday night to battle Liberty University (2-0) at Zable Stadium. The College will attempt to record its first home victory since Sept. 23 of last year, when they topped VMI 38-6.

Click Here for Full Story
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
I couldn't sleep. Ready for a big day. Let's go Flames!
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
i woke up 3 times but made myself go back to sleep. now i'm up and ready to go. see all of you there!
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]