Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
That's still pretty far from Ship right? like 2 hours? or am I just not remembering anything
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
Kevin,

I beleive the band is going to be at Allentown this year according to the FB program...but BJWilliams could probably tell you for sure :)
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
kevinrmcguire wrote:
jimflamesfan wrote:Go to the college band gathering in Allentown and watch the crowd's reaction. The band today is much better than when I was in it, so it is progressing...
Is the Liberty band performing at Allentown this year?
Yes the band will be performing in Allentown this year...I will be making my third trip there with the band (there are only two other people in the band this year that are also making their third trip). We will have some great new wrinkles in the show when we get there, not to mention its gonna be a lot faster paced.
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
BJ...are you saying there will be a band of only 3 people at Allentown?

I'm kidding...I just didn't understand your post...

I was at a Drum Corps show in the 90s in Bensalem, PA, where they had a corp called "Illusion" that had only 4 people...they had a snare, a bass drum, a contra base, and one guy that switched from baritone to soprano...(he had it in a sling around his back).

My question is...how do you judge the drill...there are 4 PEOPLE...you can only do so many things with that.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
jimflamesfan wrote:BJ...are you saying there will be a band of only 3 people at Allentown?

I'm kidding...I just didn't understand your post...

I was at a Drum Corps show in the 90s in Bensalem, PA, where they had a corp called "Illusion" that had only 4 people...they had a snare, a bass drum, a contra base, and one guy that switched from baritone to soprano...(he had it in a sling around his back).

My question is...how do you judge the drill...there are 4 PEOPLE...you can only do so many things with that.
:lol:

What I meant was that most of the kids in the band are making their first or second trip to Allentown...Im one of three people in teh band that is going to this festival for the third time...two of us joined the band in the same year (2003) and one of them was in the band in 2002 for the Riverdance show and trip to Giants Stadium.
By kevinrmcguire
Registration Days Posts
Pardon me for my ignorance. I didn't know Liberty performed at Allentown in recent years. But if you were there when you say you were than I obviously missed you guys. I would have been warming up with the Shippensburg band. So if you guys were in the first half of the show, then I'm sure I missed you. Well, in any event, good luck up in Allentown this year (end of September as usual I believe?). I won't be able to make it. Ship's band will once again be there so hopefully you get to check them out. I just saw thier show at the Kutztown game over the weekend and was honestly a little bored. They sound good though.

And to whoever was asking how far away Souderton is form Shippensburg (sorry I forget who it was), it is a little more than two hours east of Ship.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
kevinrmcguire wrote:Pardon me for my ignorance. I didn't know Liberty performed at Allentown in recent years. But if you were there when you say you were than I obviously missed you guys. I would have been warming up with the Shippensburg band. So if you guys were in the first half of the show, then I'm sure I missed you. Well, in any event, good luck up in Allentown this year (end of September as usual I believe?). I won't be able to make it. Ship's band will once again be there so hopefully you get to check them out. I just saw thier show at the Kutztown game over the weekend and was honestly a little bored. They sound good though.

And to whoever was asking how far away Souderton is form Shippensburg (sorry I forget who it was), it is a little more than two hours east of Ship.
Im sure they do. We are gonna be bringin a pretty fun show with us to Allentown. In fact the locals are gonna get the first look at the complete show when we host St Francis the day before we head up there so they can offer some perspective on it. Now their perspective may be colored a little differently because the first two games we only did the first three and the first 4 tunes plus the fight song respectively.
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]