Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
Medic, I'm glad someone else noticed the Orange look of the numbers.

I think the overall look is classic. I've already put my two cents about white numbers and the red ringer jerseys from last year.

Even though fans are encouraged to wear red, I like the blue tops. One option would be, since we are, in order, the Red, White and Navy Blue, to go with Red as the dominate jersey (with white pants) and then use the blue jersey as the alternate for special occasions (a la the Notre Dame Green Jersey.) Although, bear in mind, the Irish wear blue as the main even though the traditional color associated with Irish and their leprechaun mascot is Green, and their own uniform history reveals vascillating between Green and Blue.

http://www.collegefootballhistory.com/n ... istory.htm
Gold And Blue

Although Notre Dame’s official colors for athletics long have been listed as gold and blue, the color of the Irish home football jersey has switched back and forth between blueand greenfor more than 50 years.

I like the idea, though, of the red jersey being the alternate for special games (bowl games if the vision is ever realized.) The team wearing blue while the fans wear red allows the team not to be washed out on the field by creating a contrast between the field and team while also creating a sea of one color. For example, see the whiteout that the Navy brigade looks like wearing dress whites, while the team dons the dark blue.

SuperJon wrote:We've got a red jersey. I just pray to God we don't wear em with blue pants.

I agree on this...keep the white pants when wearing dark color tops (with or without the correct color numbers [white] on them.)
By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
Upon looking around, our color scheme and look are almost identical to what the Texans are working with. Here is their uni line-up. I like this look and I think we would be good with this set up using our current uni styles (since it's basically what we had last year...I think it looks great gives a couple of options for rotation and avoids the red tops with blue pants. :wink: The only difference is they use red numbers on their away whites, I think we used blue last year on the away whites. Although, the red on white jerseys does look good.)

Now if we could just get a logo that looks as sharp on the helmet as the Texans logo (I'm not a Texans fan, but I do dig the logo) we'd be in business and the athletic department would have a check for $79 for a red jersey version (and perhaps a blue version...and I teeter on scrooge-esque when parting with dinero. 8) )

Even our athletic logo/Endzone lettering is similar:

Here is a cool link on the Texans site that shows what color jerseys they will wear for each game of the season:
http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday/Jerseycolors.asp?
Perhaps, for traditions sake LU could open the First Home Game with Red Jerseys (for the opening season home game/falwell tribute 71 flag raising), for homecoming, and for any post-season play (FCS Playoffs when the hometeam) and eventually bowl games (when the vision is realized.) Then they could wear blue for all other home games, and white tops for away. Just a passing thought. Don't take me to the ringers (although they should be red :P ) too badly for those on the opposite aisle of jersey politics. :D

For fun reading material here is Fox's version of Uni-watch top and worst rated uniforms (the Rhode Island caption is pretty funny.)

1. Top: http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Da ... l_Uniforms

2. Worst: http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Da ... l_Uniforms
By Ed Dantes
Registration Days Posts
I would agree with Parker. I think the Texan jerseys are perfect.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The Texans and the Flames ... my personal & professional worlds colliding. :lol:
By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
For what it's worth, I thought the blue jerseys/blue pants combo looked better on TV than the blue/white look from last week.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I'll actually agree. I generally LOATHE having color on color uniforms but these actually looked pretty good.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
It was ok. Needed long white socks or maybe even red like Shipp had. I honestly believe that football uniforms are made or broken with the sock chosen.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I didn't like Brock's black socks. Long white or long red socks would've set it off. I'm not sure which though. One or the other could've looked tacky.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I hated the red socks (sox) on the Ship uniform, but am a big fan of Vince's red sleeves.
By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
Never again, under any circumstances, should we combine blue and red uniform elements. Shipp's socks made them look like escapees from a cruel experiment in the ECHL.

Vince Redd does get an exception to the blue/red thing for no other reason than because he's Vince frappin' Redd.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
RTF my dear friend- you are wrong.

red on blue looks great. I have spoken, so it is.

By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
You have, unfortunately, begun to believe your signature dear Medic.

Red on blue looks like clown barf.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I happen to find clown barf quite enjoyable, thank you
By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
It's your history with the carney sideshow, isn't it?
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Just found out a lot of us are idiots. You guys knew that, right?

Also found out they're pretty serious about wearing red jerseys with blue pants.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Ok, I didn't think the stuff looked orange until I looked at FSN's pictures. It looks like we're UVA in the pictures with the uniform.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Just found out a lot of us are idiots. You guys knew that, right?

Also found out they're pretty serious about wearing red jerseys with blue pants.
you can all apologize to me any time you want.

SuperJon wrote:Ok, I didn't think the stuff looked orange until I looked at FSN's pictures. It looks like we're UVA in the pictures with the uniform.
Ditto
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Why would I apololgize PA...Im not wrong or anything...at least not in this particular case... :lol: I kinda liked the red jerseys the last time I saw them wearing them...It might be a nice thing to do for homecoming for sure.
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
No for homecoming we wil be matching the band with teal uni's
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Schfourteenteen wrote:No for homecoming we wil be matching the band with teal uni's
Zing!
By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
I vote for the houston color schematics (above) with our current style of uniforms (albeit red ringers and Flames script on chest.) I would be more than happy with that as a fan if that became our mark, our standard, our iconic look. (I will gladly part ways with dinero for a field authentic version of that.)

However, for kicks here is Red Tops with Blue Pants (with multiple sock options.) Argue amongst yourselves.

By FlameOn
Registration Days Posts
I love the red uniforms. I cant wait for them to wear them.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
PeterParker wrote:I vote for the houston color schematics (above) with our current style of uniforms (albeit red ringers and Flames script on chest.) I would be more than happy with that as a fan if that became our mark, our standard, our iconic look. (I will gladly part ways with dinero for a field authentic version of that.)

However, for kicks here is Red Tops with Blue Pants (with multiple sock options.) Argue amongst yourselves.

I have a serious problem with socks matching the pants. It looks like their wearing pajamas.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
you guys should sign up to be fashion police :lol:
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Hey, I read UniWatch everyday, and have even contributed. I believe myself to be knowledgeable on the uniform issue.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]