Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
The football being played by the likes of a guy with the talent of Vince Redd demands it.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
In due time....in due time...
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:The football being played by the likes of a guy with the talent of Vince Redd demands it.
It would be HUGE for the Atmosphere and feel of the game. They could put so many graphics and things up to get the fans more into it.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
After that that hit that caused the fumble on the punt team, everybody in the stadium looked up to catch the replay. I didn't even get to see who caused it.
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:After that that hit that caused the fumble on the punt team, everybody in the stadium looked up to catch the replay. I didn't even get to see who caused it.
the FTN feed is already being pushed to some small ground monitors on the field.....lets get a screen up and tap into it.....
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
The problem is how expensive they are. That screen for graduation was expensive as crap.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
They make a portable jumbo tron. UA uses them to televise the game in the stadium to the fans outside who have no ticket.

It is basically at trailer with a small control room that taps from the TV feed via sat. hookup and the screen is on a lift that can fold back in the trailer when done. Not the perfect solution to your problem but a good temporary option for what you are talking about here and on the bordom thread. I imagine it could be in place by Saturday if they wanted it.
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
ALAFlamesFan wrote:They make a portable jumbo tron. UA uses them to televise the game in the stadium to the fans outside who have no ticket.

It is basically at trailer with a small control room that taps from the TV feed via sat. hookup and the screen is on a lift that can fold back in the trailer when done. Not the perfect solution to your problem but a good temporary option for what you are talking about here and on the bordom thread. I imagine it could be in place by Saturday if they wanted it.
They still run from 8 to 15K per day to rent! We rented one out of Mass. 3 years ago and it was $10K per day. It was big but not huge. The bigger, the more they are to rent.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
How about if LU buys a portable one and then rents it out on nongamedays to the likes of knucklehead for 10k per day.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
i have no inside info on this, so this is pure speculation.

i think they are probably waiting until the stadium expansions are ready and then to buy one and install it. that would make more sense than renting one. we need a permanent one installed, but theres no need to do that if they are going to expand.
then you have the money thing... i guess we'll have to name it the lahaye jumbotron? or williams screen?
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
JDUB wrote:i have no inside info on this, so this is pure speculation.

i think they are probably waiting until the stadium expansions are ready and then to buy one and install it. that would make more sense than renting one. we need a permanent one installed, but theres no need to do that if they are going to expand.
then you have the money thing... i guess we'll have to name it the lahaye jumbotron? or williams screen?

Maybe they can do it for a 1 time event like homecoming. That would really add to the atmosphere and compel rich alumni to donate big bucks
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
good idea. make the alum see how much better it would be if it was permanent, then start a jumbotron donation fund
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts

Or sell more tickets/skyboxes...which takes you back to expansion. 1st thing I would do before more bleachers is build permanent skyboxes. That is where the real revenue comes from to do the other things.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:

Maybe they can do it for a 1 time event like homecoming. That would really add to the atmosphere and compel rich alumni to donate big bucks
great idea!! don't you have connections to get that done??? haha
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
yes I just clap my hands like Ceasar and say "Make it so" 8) :P . I have little to no juice on that campus buddy. I am just a lowly part time employee with a discount on season tickets and visits to LaHaye to work out :wink:
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Why are we so hell-bent on expansion? We don't need it. We are the only school in the country who fills up over capacity two or three times and the fans start screaming for expansion.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
haha...which is why i added the haha afterwards.....GMTM has the real connections!!! :roll: hahaha
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
who knows SJ....I am with you on this....we are a ways off on expansion....but when we do get to the point where we do i like going with the horseshoe look first....
By ludeal
Registration Days Posts
i think waiting till the expansion, which i believe will be within the next three years, would be the smart choice for the JUMBOTRON
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
We need 2-3-4 years of these sellouts so that we know the fans are here to stay and it's not just the "newness" of the team being good for the first time in ten years.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
exactly....it wasn't too long ago there were just over 2,000 at the games...so i'm not ready to expand...people sitting on hills in college football isn't unique to Liberty U as you have stated numerous times SJ
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I think hill seats are better than putting seats over there. We're a Christian school. We are the best form of "family entertainment" possible. Bring the family and kids and let em sit on the hill. They don't have to worry about drunk people, cussing, color guard members dancing like they're having sex, etc. If we can market games as a place for the whole family, get em all out there, then the hill is perfect for them.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Market them as "Hill City seats" to draw in local families.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I think many of us view expansion as an element of stepping up. :wink:
By The Dude
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Market them as "Hill City seats" to draw in local families.

Or "Hill-billy" seats and tap into the Rustburg market.

Actually, UVA has an entire endzone that is a grass hill where the students congregate. Then again, the way things are going, maybe we ought to raise our expectations a little higher than UVA.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]