Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
From Chris' LU Notebook Saturday:
The 11 starters on offense are mostly set, but there are some battles worth watching throughout training camp on defense.

At free safety, Virginia transfer Ryan Best will battle for playing time with incumbent Pat Dickerson. Strong safety Chris Rocco will be on the field in the nickel package and will battle with preseason all-Big South selection Ryan Greiser for reps.

At cornerback, Virginia Tech transfer Kent Hicks and junior Patrick Calvary are penciled in at the top of the depth chart. But Donald Manns and Chuck Duffey are both capable of stealing playing time.

Rocco raved about the offseason work junior Kevin Richard put in to solidify his starting spot at defensive end opposite Steve Ackley.

"Kevin Richard worked too hard and has done too well," Rocco said. "He's held off the competition."
Click Here for Full Story
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I doubt Greiser would get beat out, but the other one will be interesting. I think Pat will keep the starting spot, but Best would be a more than capable backup.
By madmat
Registration Days Posts
Two practices in the can, and the guys seem to have advanced from where they left off last time they were on the field. They are so hungry to take all their hard work done in the off season and in the weight room and apply it to PLAYING the game of football. They are flying around the football field on both sides of the ball. Believe me when I tell you that these guys are stoked and actually looking forward to getting on the field (practice & game), regardless of the 118 degree field turf temp. That kind of real enthusiasm will make this season something special (good2great).[
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Depth is always a good problem to have, you never who may/will get hurt.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Depth is always a good problem to have
As Yogi Bera used to say, he was always a big fan of "deep depth." :P
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Careful CJ ... most of the guys here think Yogi is either a cartoon character on Boomerang or an insurance salesman. :lol:
By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Careful CJ ... most of the guys here think Yogi is either a cartoon character on Boomerang or an insurance salesman. :lol:
"[He also] never said most of the things [he] said." 8)
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
24 must start.

SMOOTHIE and I watched him nearly decapitate a guy last year- you HAVE to have him in the DB.

end of story.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Medic, you would've messed your pants if you saw the interception he had this afternoon.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
LANG says he looks great this year.

a real stud
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Crossing pattern, ball thrown behind the receiver, hits off his shoulder pads, Greiser catches it, pick six.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
:nod

:cheerleader

:pbjtime
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL