Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I know this was referenced in the other thread but I wanted to give it some love in its own thread. The SIDs did a bangup job yesterday for check in.

Click Here for Full Story & Pics
Countdown to Kickoff: Good2Great - 2007 Season Outlook

August 2, 2007
Lynchburg, Va.

The Flames officially kicked off their 2007 training camp today when 90-plus players returned to Liberty Mountain for training camp check-in day.

Physicals for newcomers were scheduled for early this afternoon, while a full slate of meetings are on the docket for later in the day. The later sessions will include introductions and information from each of the auxiliary groups who services the program, including academic affairs, compliance, athletic media relations, equipment, sports medicine and strength and conditioning.
My only concern is who is the player signing in with the sling on his right arm?

By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
An excellent job of the position by position breakdown of the team. A little too optimistic for me and if you read it it seems like the team has no weaknesses and I know that we are going to have some. As far as starters are concerned I am a little surprised to see Donald Manns in the starting lineup. Not that he doesn't deserve it, but with the 2 1A transfers Hicks and Bests you would think that they would get the starting nod with their experience at UVA. All of the other starters are as expected with no surprises. No mention of Catterton or Summer so maybe this article was based on spring ball or a little after since I don't think that Best or Greenbaum were there in spring ball. Otherwise excellent detail. The website reporting has improved dramatically since Coach Rocco has been here.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Stevev wrote: A little too optimistic for me.
Well, it is the university's web site. I don't think you'll see a lot of negative reporting there. That's my job. :lol:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Speaking of which, make sure your web guys get your story from today's first workout up as quickly as possible. Your webmaster causes some of us great angst with the speed (or lack thereof) in which they post your stories from time to time. :)
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
It'll be up by Tuesday, I'm sure. :roll:
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
If it's up by Tuesday on your site, I should be able to download the page contents via T1 by the following week.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Stevev wrote:An excellent job of the position by position breakdown of the team. A little too optimistic for me and if you read it it seems like the team has no weaknesses and I know that we are going to have some. As far as starters are concerned I am a little surprised to see Donald Manns in the starting lineup. Not that he doesn't deserve it, but with the 2 1A transfers Hicks and Bests you would think that they would get the starting nod with their experience at UVA. All of the other starters are as expected with no surprises. No mention of Catterton or Summer so maybe this article was based on spring ball or a little after since I don't think that Best or Greenbaum were there in spring ball. Otherwise excellent detail. The website reporting has improved dramatically since Coach Rocco has been here.
First of all, I-A transfers don't mean they automatically start. We have some great talent on this football team that we recruited. Look at the bios of some of the transfers. Many didn't do too much at their I-A school. They'll help us, but you can't pencil them in as starters.

All of these articles are brand new, none of recycled. Just because someone wasn't mentioned, doesn't mean they won't be utilized or something like that.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
It's surprising to not see Chris Summers on the WR list. Perhaps he's redshirting?
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Maybe they just didn't want to put a ton of pressure on a freshman who, until today, had never even worked out with the team?
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
At the very minimum, he could be considered "up-and-coming," dontchathink?
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Not if it was his first day on campus since his visit. The kid didn't even sign with us until mid-June. He's probably just getting acclimated, why put extra pressure on him?

I think some of you guys want the season to get here so much that you're reading way too far into some of the smallest things.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
haha...SJ...I think everybody is uptight in general on this board because they want football to start so badly....I come back from the honeymoon and I can just feel the tension....
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I'm not reading into anything--just found it surprising not to see Summers name.

On the other hand, we have some serious depth at running back. Between Jennings, Zach, Lawrence, Broggin, Williams, etc.. that list could go on for days.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Rocco had lots of good things to say about Summers when I talked to him today. He might fit into the WR picture somewhere. Remember, though, that LU is reasonably stacked at that position.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
The notebook that was supposed to run in today's newspaper didn't run. I don't know why, and I'm kind of hot about it. It should be in tomorrow's paper. Just an FYI for people wondering why we didn't have anything after the first day of practice.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Probably the mysterious N&A Sports Reporter who goes by the initials "AP" had dibs on all the stories...
...not to mention competition for space with the Dixie World Series (which, BTW, I think is great the way the paper is covering that event).
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hoc[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]