Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
As the season draws near, I thought perhaps we could take a couple days to look at each individual unit and speculate on who will play and that group's out look on the season.

No better place to start than the OL, we all know that having a good line is critical to any success you will have on offense whether by ground or by air.

Here's a list of our probable starters:

68 Stephen Sene Sr.
78 Marshal Ausberry Sr.
55 Mike Godsil Jr.
54 Britt Stone Jr.
73 Eddie Pinigis Sr.

Others listed on roster:

56 Bryan Mosier OL R-Sophomore 6-2 300 Mansfield, Ohio
60 Mario Cosby OL R-Sophomore 6-1 270 Lynchburg, Va.
62 Matthew Camire OL R-Freshman 6-3 270 Midlothian, Va.
65 Tim Hartman OL R-Sophomore 6-4 330 Chester, Va.
66 Chase Harrington OL Freshman 6-8 290 Davie, FL
67 Spencer Hodges OL Freshman 6-6 300 Bradenton, FL
69 Zach Davis OL R-Junior 6-4 290 Jacksonville, Fla.
70 Antonio Tassara OL R-Freshman 6-8 320 Naples, Fla.
70 Orlandon Perez OL R-Freshman 6-2 275 Salem, MA
74 Josh Weaver OL R-Sophomore 6-4 270 Starke, Fla.
75 Toney White OL Freshman 6-4 285 Manassas Park, Va.
76 Justin Vargas OL R-Freshman 6-5 280 Jacksonville, Fla.
77 Jeff Shivers OL R-Senior 6-6 350 Aberdeen, MD
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
This group should be one of our major strengths this year, we've had a few transfers to solidify this core. Along with some holdovers from the previous coach's tenure, and Rocco's new recruits, we have solid depth here as well. Hopefully, many of the younger guys will get plenty of PT, so when 3 of our 5 starters graduate at the end of the year, they will have some game-experience under their belt.

These guys should anchor our offense, and provide time for Brock in the pocket, and help us have one of the top rushing teams in the country.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Three guys on our offensive line were I-A guys at one point, and our center happens to be one of the strongest guys on the team.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I think those of us have followed the program for awhile can say without much hesitation that this may be the best O-line collectively that we've had in the school's history. We've had some great men up front, but never in such depth and quality. This is perhaps the one area where I have practically no concerns whatsoever outside of a ton of injuries.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
We have some great guys up front now but we have some serious prospects waiting in the wings, as well. Hodges is going to open some serious holes in the future for some of our RBs.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
I feel pretty good obout our O Line. The starting lineup is experienced and the addtion of Augsberry should take us to a new level from where we were last year. 4 members of the line have 1A experience which should help. All of the reports in the spring were positive as to what they did in practice in opening up holes for the running game and pass protection. Hopefully some of the freshmen and sophomores can get some serious playing time especially against the weaker competition (If we were to build a big lead) to prepare some of them for starters for the future.
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]