Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
From Chris' Big South Notebook from the Big South Media Day comes the following nugget:
Liberty shored up its roster late in the summer, adding two more Virginia transfers and two other late prep players.

The prep signees are Chris Summers [*Sly - Who we know plenty about *], a receiver from Jacksonville, and athlete B.J. Hayes.

Hayes is battling back from a knee injury but could give the Flames some help at running back or defensive back.
Click Here for Full Story

He isn't listed on the roster quite yet, but here is what I could dog up on the kid. He's an athlete from Park View High School (AA) in Sterling (Loudon County).
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Thanks Sly, we definitely have plenty of depth in the backfield so I assume he would redshirt or may find some time on special teams.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The best I can tell is that he didn't play at all his senior season and I would assume he would probably be redshirting if for no other reason than strengthening his knee.

But then again, I am hearing that Coach Rocco would like to redshirt most if not all of the incoming freshmen.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
On B.J. ... I had to rush out yesterday and had some trouble finding a working internet connection, so I didn't elaborate on him much. He's an athlete coming back from a knee injury who could help on offense or defense. He won't be healthy by the start of camp and probably won't be fully ready to go until closer to Sept. 1. So maybe he redshirts, maybe he works himself into the rotation. We shall see.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Well, if he's good enough to work his way into some playing time this year then he must be good considering our depth and the way Rocco likes to redshirt most if not all freshman.
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]