Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
Liberty has multiple summer sessions. This Monday is only session #2.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
Libertine wrote:Liberty has multiple summer sessions. This Monday is only session #2.
so your trying to hint that they will be here in the third session? that is the last one.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
I'm not hinting anything. I'm just saying that assumptions can't be made based on who's in class on Monday.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
As I see it we could have 6 more transfers coming in this year that were not here for spring ball with the 3 just spoken of and Chris Johnson, Robbie Catterton, and Tyler Tipton. I hate to keep bringing these guys up but I hear that there is a good possiblility of them coming. A little worried about the wide receiver that will be coming but I guess the right thing to do is to give him a second chance since most of us screw up ounce in a while but I don't want the football program to have a reputation of double standards. 6 new transfers seems like a lot and I hope it works out for them to be here and that we have no disciplinary issues with them. I hope that they all can fit in until our high school recruits get aclimated to college ball. I can hardly wait to the season starts. If our schedule was better then I would be even more excited but that is the way it is sometimes.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
From Chris' Big South Notebook:
Late signees

Liberty shored up its roster late in the summer, adding two more Virginia transfers and two other late prep players.

Kicker Noah Greenbaum and defensive back Ryan Best, the Virginia transfers, are both on the Flames' practice roster. Another former Cavalier who also spent time at James Madison, receiver Robbie Catterton, has been offered a chance to walk on to the team, Flames coach Danny Rocco said.
Click Here for Full Story
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
Great news. Does Al have any players left?
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Chris Johnson will not be coming to Liberty. Not now. Not in the future.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
That is a shame to not have Chris Johnson come. I knew that he was doubtful when I didn't see his name on the spring roster when the rumor was that he enrolled for the Spring. If their is a position on team that needs immediate help it is our defensive line considering what we currently have and what we lost from last season. I don't think that we have the talent at that position to make a difference. Ackley is okay but no one else comes to mind as being all that talented or a big play guy on the DL. Hopefully someone can step it up but I am not sure who that will be. Chris Johnson would have taken that position to a new level but it just was't meant to be. Thanks for the update Chris.
Last edited by Stevev on July 28th, 2007, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
I thought that Robbie Catterton was a defensive back at UVA and JMU but maybe he is moving over to Wide Receiver since we are full at DB. Could someone confirm that. I think that Robbie had some part time starting experience at UVA in the secondary but was hurt at JMU and got little playing time. I hope that he is healthy since it looks like he has some potential. Nice to see that he is coming to LU.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Since when are we full at DB? We've got four guys there with some experience: Greiser, Rocco, Dickerson, Calvary.

Steve Ackley only ok? He was first team preseason all-conference.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
1st team all conference in the Big South doesn't mean that much. Just depends on who he is up agains't with the other conference teams. His stats don't exactly jump out as being all that great but that is on paper. I guess that you look at tackles for loss, sacks, and solo tackles in determining a lineman's true worth to the team. With that said he is certainly good enough to start just not someone who is a difference maker or a dominating force. Maybe it has something to do with the 3-4 setup as the linebackers are ones making the plays.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I have to disagree--being named one of the top-players at your position in ANY conference is noteworthy. Ackley is a BEAST (For you Chris, haven't seen that one in awhile...) and is worthy of his ranking last year.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Stevev wrote:1st team all conference in the Big South doesn't mean that much. Just depends on who he is up agains't with the other conference teams. His stats don't exactly jump out as being all that great but that is on paper. I guess that you look at tackles for loss, sacks, and solo tackles in determining a lineman's true worth to the team. With that said he is certainly good enough to start just not someone who is a difference maker or a dominating force. Maybe it has something to do with the 3-4 setup as the linebackers are ones making the plays.
You can't say how he is because you've never seen him play.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]