Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By LUOrange
JK37 wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 7:48 am
Tnobes wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 12:59 am
BlueBlood wrote: February 1st, 2024, 3:16 pm Just noticed that LU did align the Sept 2024 CFAW with the East Carolina game. So, at least that is good.
If someone was visiting liberty, how highly do you recommend the CFAW? Over just a regular tour and spending the weekend on campus some other time? Does it make a huge difference?
CFAW is great because there is a lot more to do for visitors considering LU. But if you plan properly with enough activities on another weekend, you could make that work.

CFAW attendees probably still stay in dorms. That would be the one trick hard to duplicate in a random weekend not CFAW.
The CFAW kids don't stay in the dorms anymore, which is dumb and why we didn't get an attendance boost last fall. I'm not advocating for LU to try and bully-run the conference on everything. But ensuring we have home games during CFAW, even if it's Thursday night in October, should be a priority.
By LUOrange
Can any of our resident experts explain the benefit and/or rationale for having such an early Spring practice? Spring game is March 2nd.
By Ill flame
LUOrange wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 3:24 pm Can any of our resident experts explain the benefit and/or rationale for having such an early Spring practice? Spring game is March 2nd.
I'm not an expert at anything but when lovie Smith took over at illinois he had spring practice very early because the depth was paper thin and he wanted to maximize the time between spring practices and fall camp so players could recover from injuries. Considering we have more depth than most G5s I doubt that's the rationale here, at least not the primary reason.

My theory is with all of the roster turnover we see nowadays during the winter, the coaching staff wants to have spring practices earlier so they can evaluate what they have sooner. This allows them more time to adjust their strategy in the portal and for off season workouts.
LUOrange liked this
Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]