Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
42-28 Ducks
By LU 57
I expected a 20 point loss, but almost 50?? Wow!

EDIT: wrong thread. Meant for basketball.
Last edited by LU 57 on December 31st, 2023, 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
By LUDad
Georgia set the bar for Oregon. They beat an undefeated P5 conference champion by 60 points. If Oregon does not beat a g5 school by significantly more, they have either underachived or we have overachived.
By Dalegarz1
A quick follow up to my reference to the number of punts. I just went through all the box scores. We punted a total of 30 times over 13 games. However, 3 times we punted once and in the CUSA championship not at all. Also the data is skewed to the front end of the schedule. Perhaps, points to a growing offensive proficiency.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: December 31st, 2023, 11:01 am Georgia set the bar for Oregon. They beat an undefeated P5 conference champion by 60 points. If Oregon does not beat a g5 school by significantly more, they have either underachived or we have overachived.
The group of players FSU put on the field was decidedly not an undefeated P5 conference champion. Any allusion of the result of that game to LU’s vs. Oregon is false.
The Seminoles played without their top two quarterbacks, top two running backs, top two receivers, starting tight end, three starting defensive linemen, two of three starting linebackers and three starting defensive backs. They were down 29 scholarship players in all.
https://www.espn.com/college-football ... bowl-rout
By LUDad
JK37 wrote: December 31st, 2023, 12:04 pm
LUDad wrote: December 31st, 2023, 11:01 am Georgia set the bar for Oregon. They beat an undefeated P5 conference champion by 60 points. If Oregon does not beat a g5 school by significantly more, they have either underachived or we have overachived.
The group of players FSU put on the field was decidedly not an undefeated P5 conference champion. Any allusion of the result of that game to LU’s vs. Oregon is false.
The Seminoles played without their top two quarterbacks, top two running backs, top two receivers, starting tight end, three starting defensive linemen, two of three starting linebackers and three starting defensive backs. They were down 29 scholarship players in all.
https://www.espn.com/college-football ... bowl-rout
Precisely why their line jumped skyhigh...to around our line against Oregan.
JK37 liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]