Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU also signed a QB from the transfer portal from App State. See the article on the main ASOR page.
Redbonebandit liked this
By Ill flame
Reading app state fans opinions about burger, a lot of them thought he was their future at QB and weren't happy to see him go. He won their starting QB job out of fall camp last year before getting injured in game 1 so they clearly had confidence in his abilities. Worst case scenario he should be a quality backup for the next couple years.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote: January 17th, 2024, 9:41 pm Jayden Bradford is the future at QB
I'll give him 2 seasons here tops. This fall he's backing up Salter. Next year he either starts and lives up to his potental or Burger or someone else beats him out. Either way he hits the portal after that - either he's wooed to a P5 or he goes looking for more PT. That just seems to be the reality these days. I'd rather have him here for 4 years and become LU's all-time greatest but that doesn't seem likely any more.
JK37, phoenix liked this
So I understand your sentiment here re: the portal and the dynamics within, but you also have to look at his recruitment. He was a 4-star initially that got downgraded once he committed to LU (Coach Korn tweeted about that). His offer sheet included a half dozen P5s, and yet he verbally committed to us pretty early, met with the new coaches and kept his commitment and then signed with us. Coach Korn spoke about him as being mature and hungry. The kid wants to learn and is eager to get to work. Is it smart to bet on an 18-19 year old? Probably not, but I do have high hopes for this kid.
Liberty22 liked this
By LUOrange
I'd imagine Bradford redshirts next year and Berger has to know he's backing up Salter. Berger, Lowe, and Hampton all provide quality depth for the fall. Of course, we still have to get past the spring window as well.
jmclaughlin liked this
Just got a big pick-up from Dominick Hill, DB from Temple who started this last year. Also, if you search X for Tyson Mobley, former WR for Coastal then you will find his profile picture is him in a LU uniform. All I am saying is that is pretty revealing. I'm sure Chadwell is not done yet. So far, he has raked in solid talent through the portal.
Risewithus liked this
By Ill flame
With this commitment and assuming we pick up Mobley that would leave us with two scholarships left before the spring exodus. If we can get a solid O lineman and another safety I think this roster will be in great shape.
By Ill flame

Just picked up a DB with one year of eligibility remaining. He was 1st team all conference out of VMI this year. I like the add. Worst case scenario he will provide quality depth at a position group where we were thin. Mobley also officially committed. I believe this means we are down to one scholarship before the spring exodus. Still need a solid o linemen. Right now we may have a redshirt freshmen starting next year.
Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]