Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By LU 57
Jacksonville State overcomes 4 turnovers, including 2 pick sixes and a scoop and score, to beat Louisiana 34-31 in OT. Also their starting and backup QBs missed time with injuries, and the game wining kicker was a freshman who made his first 2 career FGs today. Cannot
think of a team that overcame more adversity in a single game to win.

CUSA 1-0, SBC 0-2 so far.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Appy State wins. Fresno St looks like they are are going to win.
By LU 57
Purple Haize wrote: December 16th, 2023, 8:25 pm Appy State wins. Fresno St looks like they are are going to win.
NMSU looking rough. Fresno QB picking them apart and Pavia looks off. Wonder if his shoulder is still hurting from our game?

That App game was ridiculous. Pouring rain the whole time. I believe 13 fumbles.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Congrats to Jacksonville State.

I am surprised NMSU hasn't benched their starter and brought in the freshman who threw the ball well against us.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: December 16th, 2023, 7:36 pm Jacksonville State overcomes 4 turnovers, including 2 pick sixes and a scoop and score, to beat Louisiana 34-31 in OT. Also their starting and backup QBs missed time with injuries, and the game wining kicker was a freshman who made his first 2 career FGs today. Cannot
think of a team that overcame more adversity in a single game to win.

CUSA 1-0, SBC 0-2 so far.
Overcame their weirdo coach too!
Purple Haize, Cider Jim liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 16th, 2023, 9:56 pm New Mexico State has 52 yards passing with 4 minutes left in game. That's puzzling. :dontgetit
Watched it. I believe Liberty and Fresno State were the top 2 G5s this year. Better than Tulane and SMU. Fast team, not sure how they lost 4.
By AATL
How about Jax State and Western Kentucky combining for 9 total turnovers while going 2-0 against the SBC?

It was quite the stat line for the WKU FR QB: 40-52 (geez!) for 383 and 5 TD.
By Tnobes
AATL wrote: December 19th, 2023, 12:25 am How about Jax State and Western Kentucky combining for 9 total turnovers while going 2-0 against the SBC?

It was quite the stat line for the WKU FR QB: 40-52 (geez!) for 383 and 5 TD.
Jerry kill is stepping down at New Mexico State and the 2 happiest teams are Jax State and Western Kentucky because they just moved up to being top of CUSA with Liberty. It should be those 3 competiting for tops of CUSA next year
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: December 23rd, 2023, 8:18 pm Jerry kill is stepping down at New Mexico State
Retiring or getting a better job somewhere? :dontgetit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 23rd, 2023, 8:21 pm
Tnobes wrote: December 23rd, 2023, 8:18 pm Jerry kill is stepping down at New Mexico State
Retiring or getting a better job somewhere? :dontgetit
Retiring again. He mentioned that this was his last stop as a HC. That obviously leaves room for administration or coordinator.
Cider Jim liked this
By Ill flame
I was just looking up kills successor, Tony Sanchez. Outside of a season as a grad assistant at NMSU in 1996, he spent 16 years coaching at various high schools before going straight to being the head coach at UNLV. I wonder how I didn't hear about this when it happened, that's an insane jump. No wonder he failed. Hopefully he learned a thing or two under kill. For the sake of our SOS I hope he does well.
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be betwee[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]