Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
For those of you making the long trip to Arizona, here is a short calendar of events over the weekend and into gameday. All times listed are Mountain Time:

Saturday, Dec 30th:

4:30 PM - Flames Pep Rally at Scottsdale at Scottsdale Plaza (Team Hotel)

Sunday, Dec 31st:

9:15 AM - Church Service at Scottsdale Plaza
Players & Fans welcome

7:00-8:00 PM - Battle of the Bands at Phoenix Zoo for Zoo Lights
In Papago Park - 455 N Galvin Pkwy, Phoenix, AZ 85008
Tickets $30 Online or $35 at Gate

8:00 PM-Midnight - ASOR/FlameFans Meet-up at Boondocks Patio & Grill
4341 N 75th St, Scottsdale, AZ

TBA PM - Flames New Years Party at Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Bungalows

Monday, Jan 1st:

8:00-11:00am - Vrbo Fiesta Bowl Fan Fest Pregame Party at State Farm Stadium

8:30-10:30am - Flames Fiesta Bowl Pregame Party at Heritage Pavilion by State Farm Stadium
Tix for the brunch are $50/person and must be ordered by Noon ET on Dec 20th. Have questions, call the Flames Club.

11:00 am - VRBO Fiesta Bowl

If you identify any other events not listed above please share.
jmclaughlin liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Other suggested experiences to have while you are in the Valley of the Sun:

Musical Instrument Museum
4725 E Mayo Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85050-6920

General Admission: $20 - $27 if you add on Acoustic America

Desert Botanical Garden
1201 N Galvin Pkwy, Phoenix, AZ 85008-3490

General Admission: $20
Las Noches de las Luminarias on Dec 30th: $39.95

Camelback Mountain

Hole in the Wall in Papago Park

Street Art in Roosevelt Row
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
We scheduled a hot air balloon ride. Dinner at Mastros. Visit the Southwest Wildlife Conservatory. Possible quick jaunt to Sedona just to say we’ve been there. The
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 16th, 2023, 8:32 pm What day are you flying in? That's a bunch to pack into a weekend.
The 28th.
We have dinner at Mastros the 28th
Hot Air Balloon 29th
Sedona 30th
Wildlife Preserve 31
Team Parties 31
Tailgate the morning of the 1st
Game the 1st
Fly out 1st
Land Charlotte 2nd
Fly Pittsburgh 2nd

It’s gonna be packed lol
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Impressive itinerary.

My Texas Ex wife is frowning over every expense while her Longhorns play in the Sugar Bowl the same day. I feel blessed to be able to get a full weekend in PHX before the game.

I have to fly to DC on the 2nd. Whirlwind weekend.

Anybody hearing anything from the Flames Club (or anyone on campus) about LU-related events during the weekend?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 16th, 2023, 9:37 pm Impressive itinerary.

My Texas Ex wife is frowning over every expense while her Longhorns play in the Sugar Bowl the same day. I feel blessed to be able to get a full weekend in PHX before the game.

I have to fly to DC on the 2nd. Whirlwind weekend.

Anybody hearing anything from the Flames Club (or anyone on campus) about LU-related events during the weekend?
We just had meetings called this week for Jan 3 and 4. We land in Charlotte at 5 am on the 2nd. We drive back to Lynchburg and I fly out of LYH at 230. Then I fly to Cleveland on the 8th. But I’ll make time for the Rock n Roll HoF
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
Pep Rally is on 12/30 at 4:30
12/31 at team hotel morning church service at (I think) 9:15, players & fans welcome
12/31 7-8p is battle of the bands at Phoenix Zoo (zoo lights)
12/31 8p-until ASOR hangout at Boondocks Patio & Grill
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: December 17th, 2023, 6:46 pm Pep Rally is on 12/30 at 4:30
12/31 at team hotel morning church service at (I think) 9:15, players & fans welcome
12/31 7-8p is battle of the bands at Phoenix Zoo (zoo lights)
12/31 8p-until ASOR hangout at Boondocks Patio & Grill
Sweet! We were thinking of going to the zoo!! We can kill two (figurative, hopefully) birds with one stone! :wink:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I have added the events to the calendar up above.

If you haven't done a Zoo Lights experience at a major zoo, it is actually very cool. We used to do the one here in Houston every year when the kids were younger. For those on a tight budget, just be prepared that there is a cost associated it with the event. So if you want to get the maximum bang for the buck, get there at 5 o'clock when they open and stick around long after ther bands finish up.

Oh, Papago Park where the zoo is located is also home to the Hole in the Wall shown above.

I love that we have get together at Boondocks in Old Town Scottsdale. Cool venue!
jmclaughlin, rtb72 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 18th, 2023, 2:54 pm I have added the events to the calendar up above.

If you haven't done a Zoo Lights experience at a major zoo, it is actually very cool. We used to do the one here in Houston every year when the kids were younger. For those on a tight budget, just be prepared that there is a cost associated it with the event. So if you want to get the maximum bang for the buck, get there at 5 o'clock when they open and stick around long after ther bands finish up.

Oh, Papago Park where the zoo is located is also home to the Hole in the Wall shown above.

I love that we have get together at Boondocks in Old Town Scottsdale. Cool venue!
I’m not seeing the Christmas light zoo thingy on the LU bowl central page. Do we need tickets?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: December 18th, 2023, 4:42 pm I do believe tickets must be purchased to the zoo for that event, but I'm not 100% sure.
Cmon dude. You’re supposed to know this stuff! :D

Do we just buy tickets for the zoo light thingy? I didn’t see anything about a Band Competition on the website for the zoo
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Tickets for Zoo Lights are listed above. $30 online or $35 at the gate.

Surprised the $50/head brunch sold out so quickly. I hadn’t had a chance to consider buying them when they were already gone.
Liberty22, LU 57 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hope we don't get caught up in the outside attractions and lose focus on football. I've seen this happen with others in years past, and result was a defeat.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: December 19th, 2023, 7:49 pm Tickets for Zoo Lights are listed above. $30 online or $35 at the gate.

Surprised the $50/head brunch sold out so quickly. I hadn’t had a chance to consider buying them when they were already gone.
The Brunch surprised me too. I guess I’m fortunate I got tickets. I got tickets thinking it wouldn’t be that popular. Guess I was wrong
The light show looks good. Plus we can visit the zoo.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Why in the world is the parade two weeks before the game? It should happen the day before so folks traveling can partake too.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
My old LU roommate oversaw the television production of the parade. The parade is intended primarily for locals so they move it to a date that is more convenient for them and draws folks toward spending their disposable income along the parade route. Yeah, it is frustrating their own band and fans did't get the experience.
Liberty22 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Not that anyone cares but our schedule has changed. We are now doing the Phoenix Suns game on the 29th and Hot Air Ballooning on the 30th. The 31st will be the lights at the zoo. I need to find this haunt where we are having the ASOR thing the 31st. GameDay we are doing the crazily overpriced yet sold out pre game tailgate thingy
Cider Jim, Liberty22 liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The get-together on New Years Eve is at a cool place in Old Town Scottsdale. Something tells me it will get a Purple seal of approval.

As for the Suns, didn't they mortgage their future for a title run this season? I know it is early but they don't exactly look like that was a wise investment. We live in an NBA town so that wasn't a priority for us. But I can understand why you would make the adjustment to the Haize itinerary.
Purple Haize liked this
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]