Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

JK37 wrote: December 28th, 2023, 9:20 pm
Purple Haize wrote: December 28th, 2023, 5:21 pm
JK37 wrote: December 28th, 2023, 3:18 pmHotel Snob!
Dude. We just checked in to the Plaza. WELL worth the Extra $100 or so we paid in total instead of our original room at the Home2 in Glendale. The stuck us in back (prudent) in a cabana room. It is huge and nice. Heated pool and hot tub just out our door. Doorman even played hoops in Israel so we had stories to tell!
Yeah, put you in back. Gotta keep you away from…everybody.
These are Professionals! They know what they are doing! :D :D
Apologies if I've missed these elsewhere already, but here are some links to Oregon's Fiesta Bowl conferences:

Oregon's opening Fiesta Bowl press conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0oY-NApz80
  • DE Brandon Dorlus' mom is a Liberty alum
Oregon defense press briefing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZjSMxU2vQA
  • Compares LU's offensive line to Washington; a "unique mix of large individuals" paired with "an elite perimeter attack"
  • Dismisses talk of the LU strength of schedule. "They deserve where they're at."
  • Lots of reference to the unique nature of the offense and how it differs from what they've seen in the Pac-12
Liberty22 liked this
Purple Haize wrote: December 26th, 2023, 10:17 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 26th, 2023, 8:49 pm I recall reading on message board. back when 2023 schedule was released, that we had no chance at a NY6 bowl with our schedule.
You certainly didn’t think they had a chance
Go back in the archives, and find where I posted we didn't have a chance. I will wait.
ballcoach15 wrote: December 29th, 2023, 12:12 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 26th, 2023, 8:49 pm I recall reading on message board. back when 2023 schedule was released, that we had no chance at a NY6 bowl with our schedule.
Go back in the archives, and find where I posted we didn't have a chance. I will wait.
I went back and looked for you claiming an undefeated season, national ranking and Fiesta Bowl appearance. Couldn’t find it.
Cider Jim liked this
First day in Scottsdale Complete.
American Airlines lost one bag but got it too us late last night. Unfortunately it was one of my wife’s bags so our trip to WalMart was a little more expensive than anticipated. Who knew make up was that expensive!
The Plaza is GREAT. Absolutely the best decision we made. It was in,ine cost wise with other places I looked and we ended up in I guess what you’d call a Bungalow…in the back…away from the normal people :)
Dinner last night at Mastro’s was spectacular ! Absolutely love that place. First time for Mrs Purple and she too found it amazing HOWEVER…..Steak 44 was recommended by some folks there as the OTHER steakhouse to go to when in town. So we will be trying that on Saturday!
Just picked up Phoenix Suns tickets for tonight! Ticketmaster fees are just usury at this point but it is what it is Added well over $100 to the purchase price. Crazy. BUT when will we be in Phoenix to see the Suns ?
Still full from last night so not sure where we will eat today. Maybe a nacho review at Footprint Arena!
The weather is absolutely gorgeous!
Cider Jim, rtb72 liked this
Purple Haize wrote: December 29th, 2023, 12:28 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 29th, 2023, 12:12 pm

I went back and looked for you claiming an undefeated season, national ranking and Fiesta Bowl appearance. Couldn’t find it.
I guess he is hanging his hat on the fact he never said it was impossible. Which is true. But I don't recall anybody else saying it was impossible. Improbable and impossible are a little different. Maybe he should take a class or 2 with Cider. I hear he knows a thing or two about the English language.
Team is, yes.

Kevin Durant, Devin Booker, Bradley Beal, Eric Gordon, LaMelo Ball, Miles Bridges, Terry Rozier, Gordon Hayward.....

That's a good matchup!

Both teams have struggled lately though. Can't defend. Might be a 122-120 kind of game.
Touchdownmaker wrote: December 29th, 2023, 5:28 pm All you east coast folks need to go to In & Out while in Phoenix…..I suggest a double double (animal style).…not on menu, but they will whip it up right away! Notice the Bible verses on the bottom of cups and fry trays.
GO FLAMES!
I tried it on my first trip out west many years ago. I was not impressed. Did it once to say I could do it, I haven’t tried it again.
Touchdownmaker wrote: December 29th, 2023, 5:28 pm All you east coast folks need to go to In & Out while in Phoenix…..I suggest a double double (animal style).…not on menu, but they will whip it up right away! Notice the Bible verses on the bottom of cups and fry trays.
GO FLAMES!
Just had lunch there
Purple Haize wrote: December 29th, 2023, 5:37 pm
Touchdownmaker wrote: December 29th, 2023, 5:28 pm All you east coast folks need to go to In & Out while in Phoenix
Just had lunch there
Ballcoach wants a REVIEW: how did it compare to the BK on Campbell Avenue? :dontgetit
thepostman wrote: December 29th, 2023, 11:22 pm Yes because it looks way better! Cranky old man :lol:

Also I feel like we wore that helmet way more once going FBS. I don't remember seeing if worn during the FCS years. I may be wrong though.
We wore it once and only once - this year - as in our last game. And it doesn’t look better on TV - it looks FCS.
flameshaw liked this
I like the white jerseys trimmed in red and blue. :clapping
Last edited by Cider Jim on December 30th, 2023, 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Looks like they're going with white jerseys. Not sure about pants. If this is any indication....

But man, here is another shot of those helmets. I'm not sure why anybody would think they don't at least look better than our traditional LU helmets. They look fantastic!
Purple Haize wrote: December 29th, 2023, 1:00 pm First day in Scottsdale Complete.
American Airlines lost one bag but got it too us late last night. Unfortunately it was one of my wife’s bags so our trip to WalMart was a little more expensive than anticipated. Who knew make up was that expensive!
The Plaza is GREAT. Absolutely the best decision we made. It was in,ine cost wise with other places I looked and we ended up in I guess what you’d call a Bungalow…in the back…away from the normal people :)
Dinner last night at Mastro’s was spectacular ! Absolutely love that place. First time for Mrs Purple and she too found it amazing HOWEVER…..Steak 44 was recommended by some folks there as the OTHER steakhouse to go to when in town. So we will be trying that on Saturday!
Just picked up Phoenix Suns tickets for tonight! Ticketmaster fees are just usury at this point but it is what it is Added well over $100 to the purchase price. Crazy. BUT when will we be in Phoenix to see the Suns ?
Still full from last night so not sure where we will eat today. Maybe a nacho review at Footprint Arena!
You going to hit up Pizzeria Bianco? We are going to try but not going to wait hours and hours.
I am horrifically sick and in my current state there is no way I can fly across the country twice. With that being said I’ve got 2 tickets in section 106 that are free if anyone wants them.
LU 57 wrote: December 30th, 2023, 6:56 am
Purple Haize wrote: December 29th, 2023, 1:00 pm First day in Scottsdale Complete.
You going to hit up Pizzeria Bianco? We are going to try but not going to wait hours and hours.
Where is Pizzeria Bianca? We didn’t get back from the Suns game until late. We just reheated our superbly delicious left overs from Mastros :D We are going to do a hot air balloon ride this afternoon and are struggling to figure out dinner plans tonight
Are you in Scottsdale or Glendale?
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]