Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Purple Haize wrote: December 30th, 2023, 11:11 am
LU 57 wrote: December 30th, 2023, 6:56 am
Purple Haize wrote: December 29th, 2023, 1:00 pm First day in Scottsdale Complete.
American Airlines lost one bag but got it too us late last night. Unfortunately it was one of my wife’s bags so our trip to WalMart was a little more expensive than anticipated. Who knew make up was that expensive!
The Plaza is GREAT. Absolutely the best decision we made. It was in,ine cost wise with other places I looked and we ended up in I guess what you’d call a Bungalow…in the back…away from the normal people :)
Dinner last night at Mastro’s was spectacular ! Absolutely love that place. First time for Mrs Purple and she too found it amazing HOWEVER…..Steak 44 was recommended by some folks there as the OTHER steakhouse to go to when in town. So we will be trying that on Saturday!
Just picked up Phoenix Suns tickets for tonight! Ticketmaster fees are just usury at this point but it is what it is Added well over $100 to the purchase price. Crazy. BUT when will we be in Phoenix to see the Suns ?
Still full from last night so not sure where we will eat today. Maybe a nacho review at Footprint Arena!
The weather is absolutely gorgeous!
You going to hit up Pizzeria Bianco? We are going to try but not going to wait hours and hours.
Where is Pizzeria Bianca? We didn’t get back from the Suns game until late. We just reheated our superbly delicious left overs from Mastros :D We are going to do a hot air balloon ride this afternoon and are struggling to figure out dinner plans tonight
Are you in Scottsdale or Glendale?
We will be in North Phoenix late tonight. Pizzeria Bianco has a few variations, the one downtown is the one featured in Chef’s Table:

https://www.pizzeriabianco.com/

We were going to try and hit it after the game but not if it has an hours long wait.

We are planning to go to the Battle of the Bands tomorrow.
Great pep rally today BTW. Even with the surprise appearances.

We went to Shake Shack in Scottsdale to catch up with old friends . Players from both teams showed up to score burgers at tables next to ours. I told the Ducks they should probably takes LU lightly. They laughed heartily.

For the record, we are heading back to the Scottsdale Plaza Resort for church on Sunday morning with the team. Very cool that the school is making this open to fans.

Let the record show that LU & the Fiesta Bowl committee have done a fantastic job creating an atmosphere thus far. This is what a big time bowl experience is supposed to be!
TH Spangler liked this
Sly Fox wrote:Great pep rally today BTW. Even with the surprise appearances.

We went to Shake Shack in Scottsdale to catch up with old friends . Players from both teams showed up to score burgers at tables next to ours. I told the Ducks they should probably takes LU lightly. They laughed heartily.

For the record, we are heading back to the Scottsdale Plaza Resort for church on Sunday morning with the team. Very cool that the school is making this open to fans.

Let the record show that LU & the Fiesta Bowl committee have done a fantastic job creating an atmosphere thus far. This is what a big time bowl experience is supposed to be!
Sly Fox wrote:Great pep rally today BTW. Even with the surprise appearances.

So did Jr actually show up for the pep rally? I saw a picture of him, Becki, Jonathan and Pres Costin at the venue. I’m assuming it was over. Jonathan giving Becki a side hug and “smiles” all around. I would welcome his appearance if it was a serious attempt at a rapprochement with the university. God can do anything but hard to believe Jr has a non-self serving bone in his body.
If anyone is here and wants to meet I’ll be at the watch party. I’m in a Red Enjoy America shirt and blue LU trucker hat in a lounge chair be the entrance and hot tub. Mrs Purple is with ne
LU 57 liked this
Had Pizzeria Bianco for lunch and went to Dobbins Lookout this afternoon. The pizza was amazing. Best I have ever had and the Lookout views were awesome.

Tentative plans to be at Battle of Bands. Heard I missed several teammates at the church service. Hoping to catch up with some tonight or tomorrow.
Kricket liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be betwee[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]