Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

The refs certainly aren’t having a good game but they also aren’t changing the outcome of the game either. Oregon is vastly superior to us in every way.
Ill flame wrote: January 1st, 2024, 3:47 pm Well at least we had a lead at one point lol
A lead for the whole first quarter!
ATrain, jimflamesfan liked this
JK37 wrote: January 1st, 2024, 4:17 pm Helmet ripped off no facemask, the helmet ripper was taunting, the other missed facemask, the kick-catch interference call that wasn't, and the interception that was really 50/50, several missed holds. No calls going our way.
Yep. And Ducks didn't need the help. Right calls and the game would have been more entertaining.

Great season!! Great job not only the players and coaches but by the LFSN and everyone that works to promote the program. Top notch athletic program. On to next year.
Kricket, Baybird liked this
The refs were terrible. Oregon was far superior and they would’ve probably beat us by double digits, so it’s not like they had to help Oregon out. It led to 3 TD’s.

I thought the Oline was fantastic. Did their job against one of the better dlines in the country. I thought Salter was solid, his receivers was no help. Lastly, defense was bad as usual. I know Chadwell signed some DBs and DL but we desperately need LB’s. They were slow and no existent today.
I have just a few points...

1) We've seen some terrible referee groups this year and I mostly blamed incompetency, but today was a different story. I don't know that we ever really win that game regardless, but you're kidding yourself if you think the blatant missed calls and the tick-tack stuff that they called on the other side of the ball weren't both purposeful and impactful. We're up 6-3 and get a couple of first downs on the 2nd drive of the game and we throw a ball to Noah Frith on the outside and the Oregon DB makes contact before the ball arrives and never turned his head to play the ball. No call. Oregon gets the ball back and goes down and scores. Then the phantom catch interference call on the punt that moves the ball up the field 15 yds for Oregon. Then the garbage PI call in the endzone on an 50/50 ball between Amarian Williams and the Oregon WR. Both were fighting for leverage and Amarian makes a good play... then they throw the flag and instead of 3rd and goal from the 8yd line it's 1st and goal from the 2. Then you have the two missed face masks on Cooley, first when they threw the flag then picked it up, and then the 2nd one where they ripped his freaking helmet off.

2) Despite all that we did some things to beat ourselves. I really thought the game plan was pretty obvious. We're the #1 rush offense and we have a bowling ball for a RB and a beastly OL. I love Salter and really think he can sling it, but he plays his best AFTER we establish the run. We never really committed ourselves to the run / option game today. When we ran the ball, we had success. Cooley averaged almost 9yds a carry. Bedgood 15. Overall, despite some of the negative plays we averaged 6 yds per carry. I don't understand why we didn't stick with it and try to slowdown the game and keep Bo Nix on the sideline. I know that was the obvious play on our part, but you have to try to do what you do best and I don't think we did that today.

3) We really need to hit the portal hard for a new kicker. Just inexcusable performance this year in the kicking game for this level of football. Go to the FCS and find the highest rated kicker you can and bring them in. Here's one right here...
https://www.espn.com/college-football/p ... yle-ramsey

4) I love our team and our coaching staff. I hope we don't lose any starters to the Portal (looking at you KSalt) and hopefully the coaching staff all stays too. The future is still bright.
Spot on humble opinion. This game could have been 31-20 if the refs would have made the correct calls on those plays, still a loss but entertaining and competitive. This season is something to be celebrated regardless. We can build off this. K salt and Korn both need to stay but we will be ok going forward regardless
Regardless of the circumstances that led to our lopsided loss, I was proud of how we competed as a team. That was a tribute to their heart and the way the staff motivates them.

I really want a day or so to process the game but the overall weekend in PHX was incredible. What an amazing experience on multiple levels.
Kricket, Baybird liked this
The refs were really bad and I could tell it really messed with the team. But purposeful? Take the tin hat off. There is nothing in it for anybody to purposely help Oregon blow out LU. The networks want good games.

What it was was incompetent officiating and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Oregon was clearly better but it is a shame poor officiating muddied the waters.
How do watch Cooley's helmet get ripped off and call nothing or see the fingers in the facemask and call nothing? Just tick poor officiating. You also had a big bedgood run called back on a hold and the pretend interception. But its all water under the bridge now. We build on this and make it back next year to play another game. Learning experience and motivation. Proud of this team
The hold on Bedgood’s run was absolutely a hold. My thing, LU kept getting held and not called. They threw the flag on one facemask, and picked it up! The INT was close, called an INT and hard to overturn.

It is very hard to officiate when the teams are so disparate. But it’s no excuse.
I’ve come to the realization and acceptance that we’re gonna get heat as overrated from all the other G5s and other haters. The reality is there is a lot of envy. Of course we all would have liked to win the game or even get close.

But we’re starting to see that we’re earning a brand as one of the top G5s which means we have a target on our back from here on out. It is something to embrace.

The fact that we may be able to hold onto our coaching staff gives us a real chance of snowballing success. We may be THE premier G5 going forward. We will have to earn it, but I believe this program, staff, and team will be considered the top G5 for the next ten years and see at least one CFP birth.

Perhaps most important, I think our fan base showed up today and that will only continue to grow with success. We’re still a young fan base, but no other G5 has more growth potential than us.

The future looks brighter than ever for the Flames!
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]