Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
If executed properly, a squib is slower, and harder to return. It hit the up man. Just unlucky.

Still doesn’t explain the lack of pressure by our D line and the cushion given by our DB’s.
By jmclaughlin
aredd33 wrote: December 1st, 2023, 9:43 pm
jmclaughlin wrote: December 1st, 2023, 9:42 pm Right call
Terrible execution
Can you explain how it was the right call? I honestly don’t understand.
Intentionally giving them a short field with the way our defense is playing doesn’t make sense to me.
It was not the design to doink it off an up man. It was a squib kick, intended to bounce up to the 10-15 yard line and force them to kill clock. While not allowing them to set up a return. Poor execution to kick it right at an up man.
aredd33 liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: December 1st, 2023, 9:50 pm
Terrible execution
Intentionally giving them a short field with the way our defense is playing doesn’t make sense to me.
It was not the design to doink it off an up man. It was a squib kick, intended to bounce up to the 10-15 yard line and force them to kill clock. While not allowing them to set up a return. Poor execution to kick it right at an up man.
Well, the kicker and our porous defense had a less than optimal 25 seconds to end the half.
By Ill flame
Terrible execution
In that situation the last thing you want is a kick returned for a touchdown and a squib kick makes that nearly impossible. Chadwell is taking a calculated risk by giving up field position but making the offense earn the TD. Obviously he didn't plan on giving up that much field position.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
This is absurd. We just made their backup look like peak Tom Brady.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
It’s hard to fathom how bad they are when they are t turning the ball over.
By Ill flame
It wasn't pretty at times but saying this season has surpassed my expectations would be a huge understatement. I knew there wasn't a single team on our schedule we couldn't beat but figured we'd finish 9-3. I never imagined we'd be 13-0 with a good chance at a NY6 bowl yet here we are.
jmclaughlin, tyndal23, Baybird and 3 others liked this
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
Our offense can stand on the field toe to toe with anyone in the country. They are NY6 ready.

Our defense is so inconsistent that they give me chest pains every time I watch them. They manage to squeak through, but they let the other team stay in the game longer than they should.

And don't talk to me about the question mark on special teams.
LU 57, Baybird, Liberty22 liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Man, after that it’s hard for me to care much what happens tomorrow or Sunday for that matter.

This team is special! Tough tough team in New Mexico State, but all this team does is win. 13-0 sounds so good.
LU 57, jmclaughlin liked this
By ECC29
Great, great win. But that secondary defense is terrible. I hope they fire half of the secondary next year. The offense is incredible! Hands down!
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 12:14 am Great, great win. But that secondary defense is terrible. I hope they fire half of the secondary next year. The offense is incredible! Hands down!
Our secondary didn’t play well but they also don’t get much help from the pass rush. Either way, it doesn’t feel good to be talking about firing any coach in this moment.
By tyndal23
ECC29 wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 12:14 am Great, great win. But that secondary defense is terrible. I hope they fire half of the secondary next year. The offense is incredible! Hands down!
Yeah let’s fire the secondary coach who leads nation in interceptions...makes perfect sense. NMSU ran perfect route trees with perfect passes. LU game planned to not let Pavia run, and then throw on the run, impossible to implement. Next QB threw absolute darts. Our D Line is the issue. Last years D Line and this team is ranked 15 or better due to blowouts.
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]