Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 29th, 2023, 7:46 am I’m glad we joined a league. Very little of all that would’ve been possible as an independent. This is a fun week we would not have had.
BIG FISH in a small pond has its avantages! :gonefishin
By Geraldos Mustache
Humble_Opinion wrote: November 28th, 2023, 2:44 pm A cold rain game with a little wind could bode well for our style of offense, considering how effective we have been running the ball this year even when it's obvious that's what we're going to do. I think a heavy dose of Cooley should be nice, followed up with some spells from Blue. I'd also like to see more of that Jointer kid. He's been solid running back there when he's been given opportunities.
You make a very good point. Rain + our dominant run game puts MNSU at a big disadvantage - especially on the road. I am so happy this game is at The Bill. Hopefully we get 20,000+ and it's LOUD.
By tyndal23
Geraldos Mustache wrote: November 29th, 2023, 7:13 pm
Humble_Opinion wrote: November 28th, 2023, 2:44 pm A cold rain game with a little wind could bode well for our style of offense, considering how effective we have been running the ball this year even when it's obvious that's what we're going to do. I think a heavy dose of Cooley should be nice, followed up with some spells from Blue. I'd also like to see more of that Jointer kid. He's been solid running back there when he's been given opportunities.
You make a very good point. Rain + our dominant run game puts MNSU at a big disadvantage - especially on the road. I am so happy this game is at The Bill. Hopefully we get 20,000+ and it's LOUD.
Aggies held Auburn to 2.5 yds per carry, then JSU to 3.0 yds per carry - run D is much better than week 2 OR LU run game is just that good. If Salter isn’t too juiced, I expect a few bombs to connect early. Wind isn’t predicted to be a factor. Can’t wait to watch the swagger and physicality and see who “wants it more”. 2 amazingly hot teams and a once in a decade perfect storm for a SOS weak G5 Conference Champ to get to a NY6. ( come on SMU - win by 2 in triple OT ). I imagine Jimmy Buffet has been playing in the facility all week and players are focused and relaxed. I highly doubt it took much to get the players “attention” this week. Last week was the tough one for “focus”. Kudos for NMSU for winning last week - that was a similar scenario, but tougher opponent ( and really impressive after beating Auburn and avoiding the usual letdown ) and makes a huge difference for CFP analysis.
By LUOrange
JK37 wrote: November 29th, 2023, 7:46 am I’m glad we joined a league. Very little of all that would’ve been possible as an independent. This is a fun week we would not have had. Very cool!
The hate for CUSA and the Delaware add by some Liberty fans, especially on the TwittersX, is rather ignorant and ridiculous. I've enjoyed it, especially our new found rivalry with NMSU.

Just on the fact that our football team and athletics department has been rejected so much from FCS to FBS, it's fitting that we've joined a conference of rejects. Everyone in the conference should embrace that mantle and own it. On top of that, why should we object to adding programs, when we've been rejected by others repeatedly since the 1990's?

Love the one you're with, not the one you want.
Purple Haize, rtb72, flamehunter and 5 others liked this
By Ill flame
Moving to CUSA was the correct decision. I think it's best for the long term growth of this program to dominate a conference and make a couple NY6/CFP appearances along the way rather than playing more P5s and finishing with 8 or 9 wins every year. Plus it's a big step up for our Olympic sports which doesn't get brought up enough. That doesn't mean I won't be clamoring for a better conference, whatever that may be, during the next round of realignment.
AATL, LUOrange, jmclaughlin and 2 others liked this
By AATL
LUOrange wrote: The hate for CUSA and the Delaware add by some Liberty fans, especially on the TwittersX, is rather ignorant and ridiculous. I've enjoyed it, especially our new found rivalry with NMSU.
Delaware is an excellent addition and was the best available option. Even the SBC boards, who still look down their noses at the additions of SHSU, KSU, JSU, etc., are admitting they're a nice piece. They're going to bring a lot to the conference and have the funding to keep investing.

Their introductory press conference is a good listen: https://www.youtube.com/live/U9OmpbjGTN ... E_8&t=1547
By jmclaughlin
LUOrange wrote: November 30th, 2023, 10:42 am
JK37 wrote: November 29th, 2023, 7:46 am I’m glad we joined a league. Very little of all that would’ve been possible as an independent. This is a fun week we would not have had. Very cool!
The hate for CUSA and the Delaware add by some Liberty fans, especially on the TwittersX, is rather ignorant and ridiculous. I've enjoyed it, especially our new found rivalry with NMSU.

Just on the fact that our football team and athletics department has been rejected so much from FCS to FBS, it's fitting that we've joined a conference of rejects. Everyone in the conference should embrace that mantle and own it. On top of that, why should we object to adding programs, when we've been rejected by others repeatedly since the 1990's?

Any pushback to joining CUSA should be gone with the kickoff on Friday night on the Mountain. None of the success this year could have happened as an independent in football. Football was the only reasonable pushback to the move but is now a dead argument. There is no question that all other sports benefit from the upgrade of ASUN to CUSA.
LUOrange, Purple Haize, Cider Jim and 4 others liked this
By tyndal23
jmclaughlin wrote: November 30th, 2023, 4:52 pm
LUOrange wrote: November 30th, 2023, 10:42 am

Any pushback to joining CUSA should be gone with the kickoff on Friday night on the Mountain. None of the success this year could have happened as an independent in football. Football was the only reasonable pushback to the move but is now a dead argument. There is no question that all other sports benefit from the upgrade of ASUN to CUSA.
If 10 years from now we are still in CUSA talking about “magical” 2023 football and 1 or 2 NCAA men’s tourney appearances - then I disagree. But for now I will concede...
Kricket liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
@tyndal23 I believe you’re right. And I wonder what opening there will be for LU in the next ten years. We may still have to be satisfied being the big fish in a small pond. I can’t help but wonder if the mission or the scandals of LU are the reason it took so long this year in the run-up to an undefeated season for national media to take notice. CUSA opened a door because they just had no choice. I keep thinking bigger conferences will simply shut us out.
PAmedic, Kricket liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Someone please give a logical reason for that squib kick. I’m baffled by that horrific decision that costs us 7 points and could easily cost us the game.
ballcoach15 liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: December 1st, 2023, 9:42 pm Right call
Terrible execution
Can you explain how it was the right call? I honestly don’t understand.
Intentionally giving them a short field with the way our defense is playing doesn’t make sense to me.
ballcoach15 liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be betw[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]