Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Unless a proposed MWC scheduling agreement for 2024 & 2025 between Washington State/Orefgon State and the MWC comes to fruition, there are rumors that both schools could be looking to the MAC & CUSA to fill out their schedules the next two years until they came get the Pac back up to full membership.

It doesn't take a genius to recognize that we could use an upgrade is schedules the next two seasons making games with the Cougars & Beavers attractive to LU. Frankly, the feeling is mutual for WSU & OSU who will need to help their own strength of schedules and we are certainly the most attractive options in either league at this stage.

Hmmmmm ...
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
My daughter attends an online school based just across the border from Pullman in Moscow. That's my excuse for making the trip. And one of wife's best friends from UT lives not far from Corvallis. I am doubly intrigued.

My uncle lives in the other Corvallis in your state, FlamesHighOnTheTide. I would probably hang out there if we had a game in Pullman.

How quickly would be ditch Campbell for an opportunty to play either team? Lickety split.
By Ill flame
I assume the MWC scheduling agreement will work out which will guarantee OSU/WSU 8 games. If that happens Washington state will have their schedules full for 2023 and 2024 assuming they still play oregon state every year.

Oregon state on the other hand has two MWC games schedules in 2023 for their nonconference slate while 2024 has one MWC but only 3 nonconference games scheduled. This still creates openings to play them either year. Their schedule will be weak even by G5 standards so I hope they are desperate to add tougher opponents.
ballcoach15 liked this
By tyndal23
Ill flame wrote: November 21st, 2023, 8:19 pm I assume the MWC scheduling agreement will work out which will guarantee OSU/WSU 8 games. If that happens Washington state will have their schedules full for 2023 and 2024 assuming they still play oregon state every year.

Oregon state on the other hand has two MWC games schedules in 2023 for their nonconference slate while 2024 has one MWC but only 3 nonconference games scheduled. This still creates openings to play them either year. Their schedule will be weak even by G5 standards so I hope they are desperate to add tougher opponents.
True. Do they or we want to do a 1 for 1 3k miles away - if so what week ? I say week zero, but then again, I have been accused of having a limited imagination.
By cruzan_flame13
tyndal23 wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 11:31 pm
Ill flame wrote: November 21st, 2023, 8:19 pm I assume the MWC scheduling agreement will work out which will guarantee OSU/WSU 8 games. If that happens Washington state will have their schedules full for 2023 and 2024 assuming they still play oregon state every year.

True. Do they or we want to do a 1 for 1 3k miles away - if so what week ? I say week zero, but then again, I have been accused of having a limited imagination.
Just dream big. Go for it. There's nothing holding you back. You can have ups and downs, but if you believe in something, keep the faith; keep fighting. And don't let people put you down.
~Geraint Thomas
8) :D
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I don't think it matters much when the dates would be set. You know that it wouldn't be the midweeks in October. Otherwise any dates will work. Due to all the restructuring, CUSA has shown flexibility in scheduling league games whenever necessary to help accomodate member schools during these transition years. I certainly believe the folks in Dallas would want to make this work.

It appears that the Pac-2 are playing a high stakes game of chicken with Gloria Narvaez and the MWC. Gloria's job is to make sure that all the current MWC members slide into the Pac. The leadership at Wazzu & OSU are focused on trying to only pull the more attractive schools into their revamped league. Gloria is using the scheduling agreement for the next two years as strong leverage. WSU/OSU is allegedly using potential agreements with the MAC & CUSA to counter that bargaining power from the MWC.

As a frequent flier, let the record show that there is little difference between a 2-hour and a 6-hour flight on the body. You just prefer a recovery date to acclimate under optimal circumstances. WSU/OSU's former Los Angeles rivals will be doing this multiple times a year moving forward. One of two trips is no biggie for them or us. It does increase travel costs a bit but that's not an issue for either them or us.

I have been to the stadium in Pullman and it is not as nice as ours. It seats 7k more than Williams Stadium. But it is not nicer. The stadium in Corvallis is a bit bigger and more recently renovated. I haven't been there myself but that might change if we get a date on the calendar.
Geraldos Mustache liked this
Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]