Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
As of an hour ago, they still hadn't figured out the team hotel yet. I have secured my tickets through Flames Club and I am now working on airfare. I would suspect it will be awhile before any packages get put together. It takes time to work out those logistics.

Based on my call this afternoon, it sounds like most of the activities related to LU in Arizone will primarily be on Sunday (and possibly Saturday). So I am planning on flying into Sky Harbor on Saturday morning and then out on a 5pm flight after the game. Trying to get that nailed down.
TH Spangler, rtb72 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 4th, 2023, 3:13 pm I've never "met" PH but he is getting soft in his old age. The dark side moniker has passed him by!
Why do you have to be so mean? I’m gonna tell
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: December 4th, 2023, 3:25 pm I have met PH in real life...
And lived to tell about it!!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: December 4th, 2023, 12:00 pm
Sly Fox wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 4:43 pm Trying to figure out the number of tickets but I already have lodging. Trying to figure out flights.

I covered a Fiesta Bowl a couple of decades back and remember there were a slew of activities there in the week leading up the game. Trying to figure out the schedule to determine when we fly in.

One of my roommates from LU runs a TV station in Phoenix that broadcasts the Fiesta Bowl Parade. He is working on getting me details for the week.

Crazy days indeed.
Awesome! Sly, if you will kindly share any details you get I'd appreciate it. My family has booked flights and hotel as well. Look forward to maybe meeting some of you folks. Especially this "dark side" Haze character.....I'm a little scared actually :D
I’m a big bundle of joy and fun.
But don’t make me angry. ….you wouldn’t like me when I’m angry…. :D :D
rtb72 liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote: December 4th, 2023, 6:05 pm
Purple Haize wrote: December 4th, 2023, 4:47 pm

I’m a big bundle of joy and fun.
But don’t make me angry. ….you wouldn’t like me when I’m angry…. :D :D
Aren’t you always angry?
He's only angry about the nacho situation at Williams Stadium
Liberty22, Purple Haize, LUOrange and 1 others liked this
By tyndal23
LU should charter planes from:

Lynchburg
Charlotte
Orlando
Atlanta
Nashville
Dallas

Offer students major discount then roll over to Flames Fans at another price level.
ballcoach15 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: December 5th, 2023, 3:12 pm LU should charter planes from:

Lynchburg
Charlotte
Orlando
Atlanta
Nashville
Dallas

Offer students major discount then roll over to Flames Fans at another price level.
Those charters would be too expensive. The students already get a discount on tickets.
Kricket liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I’ve seen some entitlement from some of the students about getting free flights on X/Twitter. It’d be great if it happened, but to expect that? :roll:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 5th, 2023, 9:55 pm They're college kids. When I was in college I'd always angle to get free stuff. I respect it. :lol:
Some of the ‘Fans’ aren’t much better.
By tyndal23
JK37 wrote: December 5th, 2023, 8:08 pm

Lynchburg
Charlotte
Orlando
Atlanta
Nashville
Dallas

Those charters would be too expensive. The students already get a discount on tickets.
You charter 6 B 757’s from same company, you can get cost down to 17k an hour. 8 hours round trip divided by 219 passengers. Say school or donor eats half the costs - your hitting $300 range for a student. If you save half the seats for fans at double that - still a great deal and school doesn’t go broke. You get another 1200-1300 fans there.

I would add a flight from DMV - run a “ disclaimer” that flights must be full by x date or deal is off or altered.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts

Lynchburg
Charlotte
Orlando
Atlanta
Nashville
Dallas

It’s not just flight time you’d rent them for either. Add to that transportation costs to all the events etc. It’s a Herculean task. Now if the game were in ATL I could absolutely see a caravan of Abbott busses heading down
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: December 6th, 2023, 12:52 am

Lynchburg
Charlotte
Orlando
Atlanta
Nashville
Dallas

It’s not just flight time you’d rent them for either. Add to that transportation costs to all the events etc. It’s a Herculean task. Now if the game were in ATL I could absolutely see a caravan of Abbott busses heading down
Don’t I see a caravan of LU logo buses at every away sports venue on X ? And flight time includes staff. This isn’t some major “stretch” especially with 4 weeks to prep.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
We are one of five G5 teams and 17 total teams that have gone to bowls each of the last 5 years.
LU and Marshall are in great company! :shock:
ATrain liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 6th, 2023, 3:00 pm Looks like I just found a volunteer!
You know Cider will do it. He is ballcoach’s great enabler
thepostman liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 6th, 2023, 4:33 pm You know Cider will do it. He is ballcoach’s great enabler
DONE! :fineprint :oldhag
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: December 6th, 2023, 12:45 am

Lynchburg
Charlotte
Orlando
Atlanta
Nashville
Dallas

You charter 6 B 757’s from same company, you can get cost down to 17k an hour. 8 hours round trip divided by 219 passengers. Say school or donor eats half the costs - your hitting $300 range for a student. If you save half the seats for fans at double that - still a great deal and school doesn’t go broke. You get another 1200-1300 fans there.

I would add a flight from DMV - run a “ disclaimer” that flights must be full by x date or deal is off or altered.
LU may have money, but they still act cheaply and aren't going to pay for Delta flights. Delta and United are the only commercial airlines with 757s that can be chartered.
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be betw[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]