Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
If liberty misses a NY6, let me predict a bowl chooses Auburn to play us. #RollFlamesRoll.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Get ready for more Liberty vs JMU predictions in a bowl game. Not enough 6-6 teams are eligible, thus the crybaby Dukes will get in. (according to unofficial source)
Hopefully we will get the NY6 game and not have to worry about JMU.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Since JMU is able to go bowling because of not enough 6-6 teams, ESPN is going to push a Liberty/JMU game. I rather play a P5 school.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
If we don't get a NY6, I'd prefer a rematch with Tech. Auburn could be fun, or they could match us up against JMU or Coastal Carolina.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
If we don't land in the Cotton Bowl which appears to tbe the likely NY6 destination in most projections, I really have little preference in opponent as long as it is in NOLA.
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
This time of year any domed stadium bowl game would be great. The SuperDome and a trip to New Orleans is an easy sell. I have not been there since before Katrina.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
With 12 or 13 wins, why would anyone want a bowl game against a Sun Belt team ? :dontgetit We deserve much better, than a former FCS opponent. Aim much higher.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: November 26th, 2023, 11:01 am If we don't land in the Cotton Bowl which appears to tbe the likely NY6 destination in most projections, I really have little preference in opponent as long as it is in NOLA.
ESPN doesn’t own the bowl in NOLA. CUSA has a tie to it, but I doubt ESPN allows LU to go there.

I’m hearing Peach, Cotton and Fiesta are all in play. Lots to shake out next weekend. For LU’s sake, I hope it’s not the Fiesta or Cotton, because LU is on hook for something like 12K tickets, and I have very little faith in our fans traveling like that. Fan bases often get one shot to prove themselves, and our fan base won’t travel as well as it needs to in order to be highly regarded there. But I think they’ll go to Atlanta.

If not NY6, I could see LU playing JMU in Charlotte. Bahamas Bowl has been moved there temporarily this year. Tell me that matchup wouldn’t sell out in an instant. Stadium only seats about $15K.
Last edited by JK37 on November 26th, 2023, 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: November 26th, 2023, 10:49 am If we don't get a NY6, I'd prefer a rematch with Tech. Auburn could be fun, or they could match us up against JMU or Coastal Carolina.
Tech sucks.

Very few ways for a G5 to play a P5 in a bowl, and the P5’s will do everything behind the scenes to work against it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 26th, 2023, 12:20 pm
Sly Fox wrote: November 26th, 2023, 11:01 am If we don't land in the Cotton Bowl which appears to tbe the likely NY6 destination in most projections, I really have little preference in opponent as long as it is in NOLA.
ESPN doesn’t own the bowl in NOLA. CUSA has a tie to it, but I doubt ESPN allows LU to go there.

I’m hearing Peach, Cotton and Fiesta are all in play. Lots to shake out next weekend. For LU’s sake, I hope it’s not the Fiesta or Cotton, because LU is on hook for something like 12K tickets, and I have very little faith in our fans traveling like that. Fan bases often get one shot to prove themselves, and our fan base won’t travel as well as it needs to in order to be highly regarded there. But I think they’ll go to Atlanta.

If not NY6, I could see LU playing JMU in Charlotte. Bahamas Bowl has been moved there temporarily this year. Tell me that matchup wouldn’t sell out in an instant. Stadium only seats about $15K.
LU will have folks step up and buy the entire allotment. If the game is at Jerry World we will probably go. But probably won’t go anywhere else except maybe Charlotte
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Ok. But those cities need to see a revenue bump. And I don’t think they will unless it’s Atlanta.
By rtb72
JK37 wrote: November 26th, 2023, 12:20 pm

Just curious, why this might be the case? I would prefer not to have a game on December 16th because that's the only day I absolutely cannot go. Selfishly, I hope you're right. I want the team to get a good bowl, though. Also, if we don't get the NY6...can we still go to the peach? My understanding is the Cotton will be the designated G5/NY6 bowl.
By Ill flame
Now that the regular season is over we can predict the CFP/NY6 teams with pretty good accuracy. Assuming there are no upsets in conference championship games this is how I assume it'll play out.

CFP:
Michigan
Florida state
Winner of Georgia/Alabama
Winner of Washington/Oregon

NY6:
Loser of Georgia/Alabama
Loser of Washington/Oregon
Texas
Mizzou
Ohio State
Penn State
Ole Miss
Tulane or Liberty

NY6 Bowls:
Rose (CFP game): Michigan vs pac 12 champ
Sugar (CFP game): Florida state vs SEC champ
Fiesta: Pac 12 loser vs Ohio st/penn st
Orange: SEC loser vs Ohio st/Penn St
Cotton: Texas vs Mizzou
Peach: Ole miss vs G5

I want the cotton bowl but if we were to make it to a NY6 it makes too much sense to put us in one of the eastern bowls.
jmclaughlin liked this
By Geraldos Mustache
LU vs. Ole Miss in the Peach Bowl in Atlanta would be fantastic.
This would insure a large Liberty attendance AND is a winnable game over a P5-SEC squad. I don't think Ole Miss would embarrass us. Liberty should be competitive in that game.

The downside with Cotton Bowl is I don't see Liberty traveling well to Dallas...
By Ill flame

We will not be playing in the new Orleans bowl this year which was the bowl that kept showing up the most in projections.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That stinks. That was my favorite option aside from the Cotton & Peach for gastonomic reasons. Birmingham would be less than inspiring as a destination.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I saw on Twitter that we're headed to Cure Bowl playing Appalachian State. A 12-1 or 13-0 team doesn't belong in Cure Bowl. Plus we deserve a better opponent that some Sun Belt team.
By rtb72
ballcoach15 wrote: December 1st, 2023, 2:43 pm I saw on Twitter that we're headed to Cure Bowl playing Appalachian State. A 12-1 or 13-0 team doesn't belong in Cure Bowl. Plus we deserve a better opponent that some Sun Belt team.
Just saw it was a Brett McMurphy "prediction". Sort of hard to have that established since we are by all accounts....still a potential NY6 contender.
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]