Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
I know he’s angry about not getting the NY6 but he sure handled it with class. :roll:

Didn’t his D give up 49 to New Mexico State when he was here, and then took a few of our guys with him?

TH Spangler liked this
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I'm not sure a 757 could make it out of Lynchburg. Perhaps it could, but maybe not for a cross-country flight.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: December 7th, 2023, 8:54 am I know he’s angry about not getting the NY6 but he sure handled it with class. :roll:

Didn’t his D give up 49 to New Mexico State when he was here, and then took a few of our guys with him?
No, he left after the '21 season so that wasn't his defense. He did take at a couple guys after last season though.
By ECC29
jbock13 wrote: December 7th, 2023, 8:54 am I'm not sure a 757 could make it out of Lynchburg. Perhaps it could, but maybe not for a cross-country flight.
I believe back in 1990, then president Bush visited LU to be the commencement speaker. They landed Air Force 1 in Lynchburg. AF1 is bigger than a 757. They can get a 757 there if they want.
By tyndal23
ECC29 wrote: December 7th, 2023, 12:30 pm
jbock13 wrote: December 7th, 2023, 8:54 am I'm not sure a 757 could make it out of Lynchburg. Perhaps it could, but maybe not for a cross-country flight.
I believe back in 1990, then president Bush visited LU to be the commencement speaker. They landed Air Force 1 in Lynchburg. AF1 is bigger than a 757. They can get a 757 there if they want.
They are potentially adding a 2nd donor plane from Lynchburg since the first one filled up so fast. The other cities mentioned all have major airports.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: December 7th, 2023, 12:30 pm
The iconic 747 wasn’t brought to Lynchburg when Bush or Trump spoke at LU. By definition any aircraft POTUS is on has the AF1 designation
thepostman, alabama24 liked this
By ECC29
I just fact check an old article news through ABC when president Trump came to Lynchburg. It was indeed Ai Force 1, a 757 aircraft. So, a 757 can land in Lynchburg.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The Air Force has several planes that can be used as Air Force 1. They prefer to use the larger plane but can't always do so. The large plane was not used to land in Lynchburg when President Trump landed. It is a common mistake the media makes.

The planes only go by Air Force 1 when POTUS is on board. So that's why it was called out as Air Force 1 in the article.

**edit** I just realized I repeated what PH said but I taught him everything he knows about AF1 :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 7th, 2023, 7:16 pm The Air Force has several planes that can be used as Air Force 1. They prefer to use the larger plane but can't always do so. The large plane was not used to land in Lynchburg when President Trump landed. It is a common mistake the media makes.

The planes only go by Air Force 1 when POTUS is on board. So that's why it was called out as Air Force 1 in the article.

**edit** I just realized I repeated what PH said but I taught him everything he knows about AF1 :D
You and Tom Clancey :D
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I literally play Flight Simulator every night and even I don't pretend to be an expert :D
By ECC29
thepostman wrote: December 7th, 2023, 8:46 pm But hey, ABC said it...what do i know?
If you actually watch the news video, they show AF1 in Lynchburg Airport. That means it had to land there.
By ECC29
I have a very close friend that work as a mechanic in the Air Force on Air Force 1. I am an Army veteran and worked in Aviation. We are knowledgeable about our aviation from all branches. There are too many ignorant and arrogant people here. There is only 1 AF1 that is assigned to the POTUS. AF2 is assigned to the VP. The president and VP also flies in Marine 1 helicopter. The president does not fly any other aircraft but AF1 and Marine 1. For some of you to suggest that the president flies other large aircraft is ignorant.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 7th, 2023, 9:12 pm Can you land a 757 in Lynchburg in flight simulator!!??
I’m pretty sure that Trump fly into Lynchburg on a 757. Not Trump Force 1 :D but still Air Force 1 :D

EDIT. This looks like a 757 but could be wrong

https://wset.com/news/local/historic-mo ... -force-one
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: December 7th, 2023, 9:36 pm I have a very close friend that work as a mechanic in the Air Force on Air Force 1. I am an Army veteran and worked in Aviation. We are knowledgeable about our aviation from all branches. There are too many ignorant and arrogant people here. There is only 1 AF1 that is assigned to the POTUS. AF2 is assigned to the VP. The president and VP also flies in Marine 1 helicopter. The president does not fly any other aircraft but AF1 and Marine 1. For some of you to suggest that the president flies other large aircraft is ignorant.
Maybe spend some more time talking to your friend about the fleet of aircraft that is at the president's disposal. It's not just the 757. I'm fairly familiar with it. I'll leave it at that.
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 7th, 2023, 10:15 pm
ECC29 wrote: December 7th, 2023, 9:36 pm I have a very close friend that work as a mechanic in the Air Force on Air Force 1. I am an Army veteran and worked in Aviation. We are knowledgeable about our aviation from all branches. There are too many ignorant and arrogant people here. There is only 1 AF1 that is assigned to the POTUS. AF2 is assigned to the VP. The president and VP also flies in Marine 1 helicopter. The president does not fly any other aircraft but AF1 and Marine 1. For some of you to suggest that the president flies other large aircraft is ignorant.
Maybe spend some more time talking to your friend about the fleet of aircraft that is at the president's disposal. It's not just the 757. I'm fairly familiar with it. I'll leave it at that.
*mile high club
thepostman liked this
By ECC29
Sorry. You are absolutely wrong. The president does not fly anything else.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: December 7th, 2023, 10:30 pm
Did you see the video embedded in the article from President Trumps visit to Lynchburg?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: December 7th, 2023, 10:30 pm
Did you already talk to your buddy?
By ECC29
I have not but I will. If I’m wrong that I will admit it. However, the original question was can a 757 land in Lynchburg. A 757 needs up to 6500 feet of runway but can be off the ground at about 5500 feet. Lynchburg has 7100 feet of runway. It is possible to bring in a 757.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: December 7th, 2023, 10:54 pm I have not but I will. If I’m wrong that I will admit it. However, the original question was can a 757 land in Lynchburg. A 757 needs up to 6500 feet of runway but can be off the ground at about 5500 feet. Lynchburg has 7100 feet of runway. It is possible to bring in a 757.
Yes. I even posted a video of a 757 landing in Lynchburg. Ironically…..it was AF1 Study
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote:So the main question has been answered.
Yup. You're correct, as you always are about every single thing!
Purple Haize liked this
Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]