Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By AATL
I dunno, the JMU burner Twitter account/original source of this seems legit. Props to them for reading Chadwell's tweets so closely and being the only one with a keen enough eye to catch this :wink:

As the kids say, SBC fans be wildin'.
Last edited by AATL on November 14th, 2023, 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
It was modified yet again to make it look like Coach Chadwell realized his location was visible and changed it. Someone is trying very hard to stir something up.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
I've seen tweets on X showing this stuff. The original I think came from an LU parody account... some Coastal fan pretending to be a source for LU Athletics news. Did Chadwell address this in the press conference today at all? He may not even be aware of it...

From what I've heard, he (HCJC) told his coaches to settle in for the long haul. He's also apparently building a home here somewhere - hard to believe he would up and leave already and for MS State of all places...
By Ill flame
https://footballscoop.com/news/sources- ... ippi-state

Chadwell is now reportedly Mississippi states top target and they are prepared to offer him a little over $6 million a year to get him. That's over a million more than they were paying Mike leach when he died and about how much hugh freeze is making now at auburn.
However, in this process and again late Sunday evening, sources strongly indicated to FootballScoop that Chadwell has stayed strong in his commitment to Liberty and his family has greatly enjoyed their transition from Conway, South Carolina, to Lynchburg, Virginia.
By Touchdownmaker
I’m guessing Ian has already been thinking about renegotiating/extending Chadwell’s contract similar to how they did.Freeze’s, which protects us and Chadwell. I’d be curious to know If he had some bonus clauses based on things like 10 wins, NY6 Bowl, conf champ, etc. I can’t imagine much better record (possibly perfect). We got resources……flash some cash!!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
HCJC should have a contract that guarantees he will be (at least) the Highest Paid G5 Coach Give him extra hours on LU1 for personal use. Give him reasons to stay. The only caveat I’d have is he needs to revamp the D. After that his next contract needs to make him a Lifer
Cider Jim, cruzan_flame13, Dalegarz1 and 3 others liked this
By Ill flame
Purple Haize wrote: November 19th, 2023, 11:40 pm HCJC should have a contract that guarantees he will be (at least) the Highest Paid G5 Coach Give him extra hours on LU1 for personal use. Give him reasons to stay. The only caveat I’d have is he needs to revamp the D. After that his next contract needs to make him a Lifer
He already is the highest paid G5 by a decent margin. Chadwell is making $4 million, SMUs coach is sitting at 3 but obviously they are moving to P5. After that it's Willie Fritz (tulane) at ~$2.8 million. I would also venture to guess our assistant coach salary pool is highest among G5s as well.

I would like to see the defensive coaching staff get another year or two to prove themselves. Pending what happens in the portal we aren't losing much on that side of the ball. The pieces are there, I think we have an opportunity to really improve with a few adds through the portal.
Liberty22 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: November 20th, 2023, 8:18 am
Purple Haize wrote: November 19th, 2023, 11:40 pm HCJC should have a contract that guarantees he will be (at least) the Highest Paid G5 Coach Give him extra hours on LU1 for personal use. Give him reasons to stay. The only caveat I’d have is he needs to revamp the D. After that his next contract needs to make him a Lifer
He already is the highest paid G5 by a decent margin. Chadwell is making $4 million, SMUs coach is sitting at 3 but obviously they are moving to P5. After that it's Willie Fritz (tulane) at ~$2.8 million. I would also venture to guess our assistant coach salary pool is highest among G5s as well.

I would like to see the defensive coaching staff get another year or two to prove themselves. Pending what happens in the portal we aren't losing much on that side of the ball. The pieces are there, I think we have an opportunity to really improve with a few adds through the portal.
I figured he was up there in terms of salary for G5. I was just throwing it out there as a benchmark. If you want to put another benchmark out there I’m all for it Top 25 hihighest paid coaches? Top 10? Something so that he knows LU is absolutely committed to him
Liberty22 liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
I'm wondering if Jimbo Fisher wouldn't be a good candidate for Mississippi State. I feel like he could pull talented transfers from Texas A&M and have a shot at beating the team that canned him.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: November 20th, 2023, 10:37 am I haven't found a list I find to be completely accurate but, if you believe this list, top 25 is at $6.3 million and top ten is $9 million.

https://frontofficesports.com/who-are-h ... l-coaches/

$9 million is gaudy for coaching in C-USA, but maybe close to top 25 ($6.3 million) eventually?
I’d be fine with ‘over paying’ to keep others away. $6.3 is not a bad number to shoot for. Although at some point LU is going to max out what they can pay. But LU should be able to attract top talent with what they are paying now. Paying a little bit more to keep Your Guy makes sense
Cider Jim, Baybird, rtb72 liked this
By Ill flame
Purple Haize wrote: November 20th, 2023, 10:05 am
Ill flame wrote: November 20th, 2023, 8:18 am

I figured he was up there in terms of salary for G5. I was just throwing it out there as a benchmark. If you want to put another benchmark out there I’m all for it Top 25 hihighest paid coaches? Top 10? Something so that he knows LU is absolutely committed to him
I think highest paid G5 coach is enough of a benchmark to make him feel like we are committed. If we don't already have the highest G5 assistant coach salary pool that would be another good benchmark. Beyond that a top 25 salary would be an overpay unless we become semi regular CFP participants. At some point that money would be better spent elsewhere.
Kricket liked this
Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]